Morena Baccarin (see more)

Morena Baccarin





Morena Baccarin, to actress Vera Setta and journalist Fernando Baccarin. She is of Italian ancestry. Baccarin moved to New York at the age of 10, when her father was transferred there. She attended the LaGuardia High School of Music and Performing Arts and then the Juilliard School.

Staying in New York she, worked in the theater - notably in the Central Park production of Anton Chekhov's "The Seagull" where she was also Natalie Portman's understudy - and appeared in several movies.

After making Cosa de hombres (2002) she moved to Los Angeles where she came to the attention of Joss Whedon who cast her in his short-lived cult sci-fi show Firefly (2002). Since then she has rarely been off our TV screens.


- IMDb Mini Biography By: Anonymous

Spouse 

Austin Chick (26 November 2011 - present) (1 child)          

Trivia 

Daughter of Vera Setta.
She attended PS 41 and the New York City Lab School for Collaborative Studies, where she and Claire Danes were classmates. She later attended the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts where after graduating, she entered the theater program at the Julliard School for the Performing Arts. While at Julliard, she was one of the subjects of the PBS series American Masters which focused on the school and the students.
Raised in New York City

One of four actors from Firefly (2002) who voiced superheroes on La Liga de la Justicia (2001). She voiced "Black Canary" while Adam Baldwin voiced "Hal Jordan, the Silver Age Green Lantern", Nathan Fillion voiced "The Vigilante" and Gina Torres voiced "Vixen".
Was Maid of Honor at her Firefly/Serenity co-star Jewel Staite's wedding in Maui in 2003.
Her mother, Vera Setta, played a character named "Morena" in the movie O Vampiro de Copacabana (1976) in 1976, three years before her daughter "Morena" was born.
Niece of Ivan Setta.
Daughter of journalist Fernando Baccarin.
Speaks Brazilian Portuguese.

Her actress mother was first to introduce the theatrical show "Os Monólogos da Vagina" (The Vagina Monologues) to Brazil.
Her first name - Morena - means "brunette" in her native Portuguese.
She appeared in a pilot video for the show that became Colgados en Filadelfia (2005) with the 3 show-runners and leading cast members when they were all young, struggling actors in Los Angeles. Her scene consisted of her playing a very attractive, pre-operation transexual who is propositioned by Rob McElhenney's character. 
That plot and character, as played by Brittany Daniel, was later re-used in the FX series.
Gave birth to her 1st child at age 34, a son Julius Chick on October 22, 2013. Child's father is her husband, Austin Chick.

Personal Quotes 

I would love to be a Bond girl. That is on my bucket list, definitely.
I love a good road trip. And I have been known to sing cheesy '80s songs at the top of my lungs on a windy road when no one can hear.
I do think it is possible to be in love with two people at the same time.
They have a joy for life in Brazil unlike any country I've ever seen.
I've had long hair, I've had short hair, and I've had in between hair... and its all good.

I feel that I have grown so much as an actor being on 'Homeland.'
We're all interested in life outside of Earth. We all have a fascination with what's out there because we don't really know.
Humans have a sense of spontaneity and emotion. We have a dichotomy between grief and happiness.
When I'm not working, I'm definitely a no-makeup girl. The most I ever do is a little tinted moisturizer and a little mascara and blush.
My mother put me on birth control as soon as I told her I wanted to go on it. I was 16. I was very young.

My mom was incredibly supportive when she found out that I wanted to be an actress, and that certainly made things easier and more fun.
If you watch the news, you see politicians use human vulnerabilities to get in and earn people's trust.
I'm an avid cook. Brazilian, some Italian, a little French. And I often throw dinner parties.
I love 'Modern Family;' I don't exactly watch it when it's on, but I try to catch up on it when I can; it's one of my favorite shows.
I get nervous for any competition. I also get really competitive.

Brazil has a lot of issues that are similar to a lot of countries in Latin America, but the dominant issue Brazil is dealing with is poverty and political corruption.
Women work as much as men now, if not more. There's a resurgence of dads in the home and moms working.
There are many people who live with terrorism every day.
The sky above us is something we have very little control of, and the space beyond is something we don't completely understand.
My whole family is very artistic - my uncles are all actors and theatre directors.

My mom is an actress, but she never really pushed me into it, and it was never something I thought I would be doing. She was very happy I decided to, but she certainly doesn't offer me criticism because she knows I'd tell her to shut up! Nobody wants to hear that from their mum!
I've love to do more movies. Just because I'm interested in the medium very much. I've done a lot of theatre at this point, and I've done a lot of TV. I've done a few independent films, but a lot of them have not seen the light of day. It'd be really nice to be in a film that gets out there.
I'm not always up to date on everything that's going on, but I am somewhat informed. I listen to NPR. And I actually watch Fox News, because I believe, if you just listen to the things that agree with you, you're not really seeing anything else.

I love it when you have a lull in the day and you turn on the TV and a random movie is on that you either have never seen or haven't seen in years. Like 'Coming to America' or 'Misery' or 'Moonstruck.'

I can't complain. I'm making a living out of what I do, which is really rare for a lot of actors. The hard part is staying confident and staying with it.

(Gifs and photos: source_Tumblr and google) birthdays