Miles Teller (info)

Miles Teller
He has appeared in the films Los secretos del corazón (2010), Footloose 2011 (2011), Project X (2012), Las novias de mis amigos (2014), Divergente(2014), Amor a segunda vista (2014), Whiplash (2014). - IMDb Mini Biography By: Movie Guy












Miles Alexander Teller is an American actor and musician. For his performance in the film The Spectacular Now (2013).. He won the Dramatic Special Jury Award for Acting at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival…













Trivia 
Graduated from Lecanto High School.

According to Nicole Kidman, he blushed and quivered during his audition for Los secretos del corazón (2010), which got him the part, since "he was real".

His parents are Merry (Flowers) and Mike Teller.

Miles' paternal grandfather was of Russian Jewish descent, while Miles' paternal grandmother is of Irish and Polish ancestry. Miles' mother's family, which has English and some French lineage, has deep roots in New Jersey.

Good friends with Shailene Woodley. They co-starred in both Aquí y ahora (2013) and Divergente (2014) and attended the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards (2013) together.

Originally considered to turn down the lead in Whiplash (2014), because he wished to take a few month off. However, his manager was excited about the script and encouraged Teller to do the film. The movie eventually won the Audience Award and the Grand Jury Prize for the US dramatic category at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival.

In high school, he was a drummer for a church youth group band.

He earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts from Tisch School of the Arts at New York University.

Teller was nominated for the Discovery Award at the Savannah Film Festival for his role as Jason in the 2010 film Los secretos del corazón (2010).

He graduated from Lecanto High School in 2005.

Teller appeared in the stage musical Footloose 2011 (2011). This led to being cast in the film remake of Footloose 2011 (2011) starring Kenny Wormald, in which he played the same character as in the stage musical.

Miles wears a green bracelet that says "Buckle up for Bo" in honor of a friend who died in a car crash a year after Miles himself was in a near-fatal car crash. He wears it almost all the time, and has worn it for most of the movies he's been in, except where it doesn't work for the movie.

His former co-star Nicole Kidman has remained very supportive of his career, after they worked together on Los secretos del corazón (2010). Publicly, she has raved about his performances in Aquí y ahora (2013) and Whiplash (2014).

Miles Teller attended the Stonestreet Studios Film Conservatory to study screen acting over the course of four semesters as part of his NYU Tisch School of the Arts training where he received a BFA in Drama.













Personal Quotes 
I grew up in a very small town in Florida, like, 7,000 people.

I got into acting my junior year of high school. We got a new hot drama teacher and I was like 'Alright, I'll try drama.'

Honestly, I'm not a big movie buff in general. The only movies I own is probably the 'Indiana Jones' trilogy.

'Footloose' is a fun movie. If you do it right, people should leave wanting to dance.

Absolutely, 'Rabbit Hole' gave me a nice first introduction into film acting.

I've played drums in bands since I was 16.

I've always felt like I can dance.

I'm the first one out on the dance floor. In college I had to take jazz, ballet and tap dancing, but, before that, it was just social.

I'm still waiting for my first big Hollywood paycheck... maybe I'll play a superhero.

I used to have a big crush on Andie MacDowell.

First play I ever did was 'Footloose.' I played the part of Willard when I was 16. I think I wore my drama teacher's jeans and her belt - that's how small I was. I know a lot of Willard's back story from the musical that's not explored in the film. Like he's got this whole relationship with his mama, and he sings this song 'Mama Says.'

When I was in middle school, I always did well in school, but teachers either loved me or absolutely hated me.

The makers of '21 and Over' have been screening it, and I'm getting a lot of comparisons to a young Vince Vaughn.

My second grade teacher told me I would never graduate high school. That I was going to be a juvenile delinquent.

Living in somebody else's pain for an actor man, it's actually nice when you get to feel that kind of emotion. That's what I like.

I just got an iPhone, which is cool, but I don't download movies, I don't watch Hulu, I don't have Netflix. I don't do any of that. But I do geek out to music.

I don't know if there's an actors' slow-pitch softball league I could join. My agency has a team, but they say it would be a conflict of interest for the people they rep to play because I could hit a pop-up and they'd have to drop it on purpose.

I always had ambition. I always knew I was going to go to college. I could party and do that stuff, but I always got straight A's and a 4.0 and all that.

Going to high school in rural Florida, we always partied down in the woods. Somebody - one of the rednecks - would leave class and mow a path out to a field, and we'd drive out there. Dude, every party I went to was lit by a bonfire. Acoustic guitar.

For me, I still have feelings for all of my ex-girlfriends. In different parts of my life, I would miss that person. There's something that drew me to that person, and I shared something with them.

When I was in high school, there was 'Superbad' and 'The Girl Next Door' and 'Wedding Crashers' and all these great movies. You hope to be a part of something that's smart, funny and in that Todd Phillips-vein. You want to make something like 'Superbad.' That movie was so good and so funny.

So I think that in the beginning of your career you're just looking to work. Luckily for me, my first movie was 'Rabbit Hole' and I got to work with incredible people, a Pulitzer prize winning writer, John Cameron Mitchell, and all the actors involved. So it's tough, man, because you want to have credibility.

I don't know if I'm just lazy or I like trying to do things with my feet.
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................


birthdays_OFFmag