Daisy Ridley (info)

. info _ 
Daisy Ridley
Daisy Jazz Isobel Ridley is an English actress. She is best known for her breakthrough role as Rey in the 2015 film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Daisy was born in Westminster, London, on April 10, 1992. She is the daughter of Louise Fawkner-Corbett and Chris Ridley. Her great-uncle was Arnold Ridley, an English actor, playwright, and appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE), who was best known for his authorship of the play, The Ghost Train, and role as Private Godfrey in the British sitcom, Dad's Army. Daisy attended the Tring Park School for Performing Arts, located in Hertfordshire, England, where she trained in musical theater and graduated in 2010, at the age of 18. Aside from acting, her talent repertoire includes ballet, jazz dancing, Latin American, and tap. Her vocal range is mezzo-soprano, where she is notably skilled in jazz and cabaret singing. Upon graduation, Daisy was hired in a number of roles in television, film, and music. She was cast to play Jessie in the British comedy-drama, Youngers. In 2013, she played Fran Bedingfield in the BBC series, Casualty, and as Charlotte in the British comedy, Toast of London. In 2014, she played opposite to Jeremy Piven as Roxy Starlet in the second season of the ITV series, Mr Selfridge, and as Hannah Kennedy in two episodes of the BBC crime drama, Silent Witness. She further had roles in short films, including Scrawl, 100% Beef, and Crossed Wires. She was featured in Blue Season, which was entered into the Sci-Fi-London 48-Hour Film Challenge, and Lifesaver, which was nominated for a BAFTA Award. She also appeared in Wiley's British rap music video, Lights On. In April 2014, it was announced that Daisy was cast to play the heroine main protagonist, Rey, in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the first film in the new trilogy of the Star Wars franchise. Since its release in December 2015, the J.J. Abrams directed movie has received critical acclaim and became the fastest movie, ever, to reach $1 billion at the box office, worldwide. In August 2015, it was announced that she would play the lead role of Taeko in the English dub of the 1991 animated film, Only Yesterday, which is set to be released in 2016. In December 2015, it was announced that Daisy will reprise her role as Rey in the eighth Star Wars film, which will start filming in January 2016 and is scheduled for release in 2017. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Danilo Tadeo, Jr.













Trivia 
She was cast in Youngers (2013) straight out of school.

Her great uncle is actor Arnold Ridley who played Godfrey in the long running British sitcom Dad's Army (1968).

Trained as a dancer and singer at the Tring Park School for the Performing Arts.

She appears in the music video for the song "Lights On" by Wiley (feat Angel & Tinchy Stryder). The song was released in 2013.

Her character Rey is featured on a Star Wars postage stamp issued in October 2015 by the UK Royal Mail postal service..

Actually (2015), her boyfriend is British actor Charlie Hamblett.

Got her first tattoo at the age of 15 which is a trio of stars on her foot. She also has a triangle tattoo on her upper thigh.

Is the youngest child of 5 sisters.














Personal Quotes
[About where she grew up] London. And somebody did ask me if me and John [Boyega] got on because we're from the same place. We're not from the same place. He's from South London, I'm from West.

[About the Star Wars Celebration event] I didn't think of it like that until dinner last night when somebody mentioned how many people might be watching. It was so cool to be part of a film that is loved so much, and then to be able to launch in that sphere with just fans and people who love what we're doing and are so excited about what's going to come in December, that was the best way to come out, as it were.

[About her family] I've got sisters. I'm the youngest of actually five. We have been watching the movies again, and my middle sister is super excited. Last year when we were filming, everyone came round and we had dinner and watched Episode IV, A New Hope, which was super cool.

[on her favourite location while filming Star Wars: The Force Awakens] Weirdly enough, probably Abu Dhabi, even though it was so hot, it was like you literally can't imagine that heat. The feeling of stepping onto a real set for the first time, it genuinely was a baptism of fire. To see creatures walking around and speeders chilling in the sand, that was amazing, and because I was shooting there, it was like everything had built up to that moment. So a few days in, I was like, OK. I'm getting my groove now.

My great uncle was in Dad's Army. And I don't know if Americans will know that. It was a hugely popular show in England. They're redoing it as a film. Michael Gambon, who played Dumbledore [in the Harry Potter movies], is playing who my great uncle played. Both my parents are creative. My dad did act when he was younger, but they're both very creative." [...] "My mum works in internal communications at a bank, and my dad's a photographer.

[About her video reel being deleted] That was actually me! I wanted it to be so people could just concentrate on this. I'm so proud of what I've done before, but I wanted it to feel fresh. Which is what I think everyone else wanted, because everyone wanted just to see me as Rey and not as the people I've played before, even though the jobs I've done before are amazing and obviously led me to this incredible point. So here I am.

I went to a school called Tring Park School for the Performing Arts. I went because initially I was very naughty, and my mom thought if I was busy, I'd be better. And I didn't really do acting until later on in the school, with an amazing teacher. I left, went traveling, came back. And then it all kind of went from there.













Salary 
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015) $450.000 + percentage of box office
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................


birthdays_OFFmag