Charlie Cox (info)

. info _ 
Charlie Cox
Charlie Thomas Cox was born in London, England, to Patricia C. A. (Harley) and Andrew Frederick Seaforth Cox, a publisher. He has English, Scottish, and Irish ancestry, and descends from several prominent forebears (Baronets of Agnew and Carnegie, an Earl of Findlater, and a Colonial Governor of New York, Andrew Elliot).

Cox was educated and received his training in drama at Sherborne School in Dorset where he appeared in Dealer's Choice / Patrick Marber (Mugsy) The Writing Game (Leo) Code Crackers / Andy Wilkinson (Weasel) Confusions / Alan Aykbourne (Martin & Arthur) Henry V (Nym & John Bates). He received the Gerald Pitman Award for Acting from Sherborne School. He also appeared in the BBC production of Judge John Deed as the Young Vicar.

He starred in Things To Do Before You Are 30 (formerly You Don't Have To Say You Love Me), with Dougray Scott, The Merchant of Venice, with Al Pacino, and Dot the I (aka Obsession) with Gael Garcia Bernal, which received rave reviews at The Sundance Film Festival.

Charlie lives in London with his brother. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Lalaith03@aol.com/Charlie Cox Online.com










Trivia 
Lives with his brother in London

He studied at Sherborne school in Dorset

He has traveled to Australia, parts of the USA, Europe and Hong Kong

Trained at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School.

He has English, Scottish, and Irish ancestry, and is descended from many prominent figures, including Royal Navy captain Frederick Lewis Maitland, Colonial Governor of New York, Andrew Elliot, and several Baronets and Earls.

The first non-American actor to play Matt Murdock/Daredevil.

After Rex Smith and Ben Affleck, he is the third actor to play the role of the Marvel Comics' hero Matt Murdock/Daredevil.

He didn't know that his character in Daredevil was blind until the day before the audition.

He hadn't read any Daredevil comics before receiving the part but has since become a big fan of the character and comics in general.

The name's etymology is a Common Germanic noun 'karlaz' meaning "free man", which survives in English as churl (< Old English ceorl), which developed its deprecating sense in the Middle English period.

In the form Charles, the initial spelling ch- corresponds to the palatalization of the Latin group ca- to [cha] in Central Old French and the final -s to the former subjective case (cas sujet) of masculine names in Old French like in Giles or James (< Latin -us).

According to Julius Pokorný, the historical linguist and Indo-Europeanist, the root meaning of Karl is "old man", from Indo-European *ger-, where the g with compound is a palatal consonant, meaning "to rub; to be old; grain." An old man has been worn away and is now grey with age.

The name is atypical for Germanic names as it is not composed of two elements, but simply a noun meaning "(free) man". This meaning of ceorl contrasts with eorl (Old Norse jarl) "nobleman" on one hand and with theow (Old Norse thraell) "bondsman, slave" on the other. As such it would not seem a likely candidate for the name of a Germanic king, but it is attested as such with Cearl of Mercia (fl. 602), the first Mercian king mentioned by Bede in his Historia ecclesiastica gentis Anglorum.

The name Charles (Karol) became even the standard word for "king" in Slavic (Czech and Slovak král, Polish król; South Slavic kral, kralj; Russian korolj), Baltic (Latvian karalis, Lithuanian karalius) and Hungarian (király).












Personal Quotes 
I left Britain in the mid-1990s when TV was going down the cundy - another good Dundee word - because I wanted a film career. But as I get older, I find myself being drawn back to my roots, and I'm loving it.

It's so easy to become obsessed with the film industry and recognition that we can forget that we are not saving the world. We are just actors trying to entertain people.

I love New York, but I have to admit that I feel very English, and I do miss that sense of history that you have everywhere in Britain.

Claire Danes is lovely and a really great actress.

I'm a London lad, but I'm fascinated by America. I want to take a motorcycling trip across the country and see those wide open spaces.

Fame terrifies me. I can say that with honesty. You're terrified that, when people know the real you, they won't like you.

Of all the London theatres, the Donmar is the dream.

What I like about fairy tales is that they highlight the emotions within a story. The situations aren't real, with falling stars and pirates. But what you do relate to is the emotions that the characters feel.

I am incredibly self-deprecating. It stems from self-doubt.

There's something very special about seeing history so clearly in front of you through that architecture that you just don't get in the U.S. If I was asked to choose where I'd most like to live, I would always choose London.

I really fell into drama school - I had a lot of lot of luck. I didn't take criticism very well while I was there; in fact, I took it personally. With every note I got, I felt like they were telling me I was a bad person.

I was at a school in England, a prep school, from the ages of 8 and 13. And every play they did was a musical. Parents love musicals. And I don't sing. It was driving me crazy. 'We're doing 'Macbeth.'' 'Yes!' 'The musical!' And I was always in the chorus, because of course, in all the main parts, you had to be able to sing.
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................


birthdays_OFFmag