Ryan Reynolds

. 23 October_
Ryan Reynolds
(39th anniversary)
23 October 1976 
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada 
6' 2" (1,88 m)


One night, he ran into fellow Vancouver actor and native Chris William Martin. Martin found Ryan rather despondent and told him to pack everything: they were going to head to Los Angeles, California. The two stayed in a cheap Los Angeles motel. On the first night of their stay, Reynolds' jeep was rolled downhill and stripped. For the next four months, Ryan drove it without doors. In 1997, he landed the role of Berg in Tres para todo (1998). Initially, the show was reviled by critics and seemed desperate for any type of ratings success. However, it was renewed for a second season but with a provision for a makeover by former Roseanne (1988) writer Kevin Abbott. The show became a minor success and has led to additional film roles for Ryan, most notably in the last-ever MGM film, a remake of La morada del miedo (2005). Ryan was engaged to Canadian singer-songwriter Alanis Morissette, another Nickelodeon veteran, between 2004-2006.

Ryan Rodney Reynolds was born on October 23, 1976 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, the youngest of four children. His father, Jim, was a food wholesaler and his mother, Tammy, was a retail-store saleswoman. - IMDb Mini Biography By: John Sacksteder <jsack@ka.net>










Spouse
Blake Lively (9 September 2012 - present) (1 child)
Scarlett Johansson (27 September 2008 - 1 July 2011) (divorced) 











Trade Mark 
Has appeared in several superhero/comic book adaptations

Often plays likeable regular guys

Sarcastic sharp edged wit

Trivia (38)
Has a fear of flying since he once went skydiving and parachute failed to open at the first attempt.

Failed his high school drama class.

Used to work in a grocery store.

Attended Kwantlen College for a few months before leaving to pursue his acting career.

Is the youngest of four brothers. Two of his three elder brothers are policemen.

Received a Youth in Film Award nomination for best actor for his work on Nickelodeon's teen drama Hillside (1990).

Accompanied musician Alanis Morissette to the 2003 Canadian Juno Music Awards.

In early 2001, he met actress Rachael Leigh Cook and the two immediately hit it off. However, Rachael had to fly to Britain shortly after to film Éxito por los pelos (2001). Ryan ended up surprising her, pulling out of his filming schedule, and following her all the way to London. It was a success and they ended up dating for a year.

Became engaged to his girlfriend of two years, Canadian singer Alanis Morissette in June 2004. They announced the engagement was off in June 2006.

Has expressed great interest in portraying the DC Comics character the Flash, should Warner Bros. ever decide to do a film adaptation of the comic book.

On Más allá del límite (1995) episode, Más allá del límite: If These Walls Could Talk(1995), he played a ghost trapped in a haunted house. Ironically, in La morada del miedo(2005), he plays a living man trapped in a haunted house.

Was offered the role of Xander Harris on Buffy, cazavampiros (1997), which went to Nicholas Brendon.

He was traveling in Indonesia with his former fiancée, Alanis Morissette, when the tsunami struck. They were uninjured since they were staying on the opposite end of the island from where the tsunami hit.

Ryan alleges he is friends with Paul Anka and meets with him once in a while.

(May 5, 2008) Engaged to Scarlett Johansson.

In 2002, he badly injured his back jumping from a bridge in Zurich, Switzerland.

Is a huge fan of the Green Bay Packers.

Loves traveling and riding motorcycles.

Married fiancée Scarlett Johansson in a private Canadian ceremony on September 27, 2008.

Lives in Beverly Hills, California.

In November 2008, he ran in the New York City Marathon on behalf of the Michael J. FoxFoundation. His father was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 1995.

Was named the "Sexiest Man Alive" by People magazine in 2010. This was during the same time that his wife, Scarlett Johansson was named as "Babe of the Year" by GQ magazine.

Former brother-in-law of Vanessa Johansson, Hunter Johansson, Adrian Johansson and Christian Johansson.

Former son-in-law of Karsten Johansson and Melanie Sloan.

Gained 25 pounds of muscle for his role as "Hannibal King" in Blade: Trinity (2004).

Has English and Irish ancestry.

Son-in-law of Ernie Lively and Elaine Lively.

Brother-in-law of Eric Lively, Bart Johnson, Robyn Lively.

Attended the World Celebrity Pro-Am golf tournament in Haikou, China. [October 2012]

Lives in ultra trendy Los Angeles neighborhood, Los Feliz. Giovanni Ribisi, Bo Barrett, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Pine, Brad Pitt, Mark Ruffalo, Kristen Stuart, Michael Cera and Robert Pattinson, Hannah Telle are among the other actors who also call Los Feliz home.

One of the few actors to star in films based on comic books from both the Marvel Comics (X-Men orígenes: Lobezno (2009) and the upcoming Deadpool (2016)) and DC Comics (Linterna Verde (2011)) catalogs.

Has been in three Marvel movies: Blade: Trinity (2004) (Hannibal King), X-Men orígenes: Lobezno (2009) (Wade Wilson/Deadpool), and the upcoming Deadpool (2016) movie, playing Wade Wilson/Deadpool.

He did not enjoy working on Linterna Verde (2011). He admits to having a poor working relationship with director Martin Campbell. Also said that the film's failure, critically and financially, was a huge relief because he did not want to play Hal Jordan, again.

On April 12, 2015, he was involved in a hit-and-run incident between filming of Deadpool(2016) in Canada. While walking through a parking garage, he was struck by the car of a paparazzo, who then fled the scene. Reynolds sustained only minor injuries, and later joked about the incident on Twitter.

Became a father for the 1st time at age 38 when his wife Blake Lively gave birth to their daughter James Reynolds in December 2014.

Along with Chris William Martin, he is one of only two actors to appear in both the first and last episodes of Hillside (1990).

Is the only actor to appear in all 65 episodes of Hillside (1990).

He was awarded a star on Canada's Walk of Fame in Toronto, Ontario in 2014.











Personal Quotes 
(on kissing the older woman in Van Wilder: Animal Party (2002)) On that note, that being said, it was damn hard kissing her. You've never experienced anything until you've had a mature, darting tongue in your mouth.

Acting has given me a way to channel my angst. I feel like an overweight, pimply faced kid a lot of the time - and finding a way to access that insecurity, and put it toward something creative is incredibly rewarding. I feel very lucky.

On his relationship with Alanis Morissette: Our relationship couldn't be better. There's no truth to the rumours we'd temporarily broken up.

I never took acting classes, but I knew I could do it based on the skill with which I lied to my parents on a regular basis!

I'm not a hockey fan, which is probably why I had to leave Canada in the first place.

(on getting into acting) I started when I was 13 years old. I did a really horrible soap opera called Fifteen for Nickelodeon that stoned college kids kept on the air for three years. And then the first movie I did was in Sri Lanka when I was 14. I spent three months there. I was there without my parents working on a movie in a country that was in the midst of a civil war. It was pretty wild.

I did two trips in 2006. I did one through New Zealand on a motorcycle, and I tried to cross Australia on a motorcycle from one end of the continent to the other. My friend and I did not make it, unfortunately - he crashed, and we had to find a hospital.

(on if he gets recognized while traveling) I get noticed depending on where I am. I have no problem wandering all around Spain. But the Germans - ah, the Germans - they are like "Oh! Van Wilder's a party animal!".

(2007) I used to backpack when I was younger. I think I can actually say that I can't do the hostel thing anymore - I'm a little too spoiled.

I have a discipline that has served me very well in my career and in my personal life... and that's gotten stronger as I've gotten older. I've always felt if I don't just have a natural knack for it, I will just out-discipline the competition if I have to -- work harder than anybody else.

(2010, on Van Wilder: Animal Party (2002)) It made me the party guy. I would walk into a bar and people would start lining up the shots. You could sum up my career at that point as a free shot at a bar. I know it affected me more than I'm revealing, because I know that I went years without even saying the words "Van Wilder". Even now, when I say it, it's a bit of a big moment for me.

(on filming Buried (2010)) I'll never, ever in my life complain on a set again after being on that set. Sixteen, seventeen days of doing that... It was such a state of emotional distress.

[on The Nines (2007)] That was such a wake-up call for me. The movie was made on less than a million dollars. I loved the process. I loved the character I was given to play. I learned a lot about filmmaking from John August, who was directing. That was the birth of my own ambition. There were particular films after that that I went after. I had a new view.

[on Buried (2010)] It's one of those rare movies that you experience more than you watch it. The selling point to me was that script had both a narrative challenge and a technical challenge. It's rare to find a script that has both. People like Hitchcock, that's all he looked for. Films like La soga (1948) and Náufragos (1944) and La ventana indiscreta(1954), that was what they were all about. I had a lot of confidence in Rodrigo, though. He sent me a comprehensive, 15-page treatise on why he wanted to make the film. That hooked me. It's not the most glamorous role. You get in the box and as an actor you have to do these things that are embarrassing, frightening and raw. It was an adventure.

[on the effect the title of "Sexiest Man Alive" would have on his wife, Scarlett Johansson] Now it's going to be, 'Sexiest man, take out the garbage'. That does sound better.

I'm always terrified at the beginning. Then I start working and get past my fear, which is the real win for me. Just like Hal [Jordan in Linterna Verde (2011)] I'm used to stepping forward in the face of whatever fears I've created for myself. The stunts on the ground I can do, but I've never been good with heights.

When I was a little kid - maybe nine or ten - I was a complete asshole. I would run around the neighborhood on Halloween throwing firecrackers in people's mailboxes, at their houses, and things like that. We were just these little hell raisers. I'm sure I have a lot to atone for, if there is a judgment day. It's gonna be a long list for me. It goes right up until I was about 18 and then I sort of straightened out.

For every character I play, there's ten others I've read that went to another actor because he's better qualified for the role, or for whatever reason, who knows - it's always a very mercurial process.

As an actor, you're always kind of cognizant that you'll never work again. You always have this lizard-brain fear, always, just under the surface, that this is it. Because you see it. I've been fortunate enough to have a 23-year career so far. I've watched people come and go and vanish. I've watched really talented people never get that invaluable foothold into the industry. So you're always walking that tightrope of being very grateful that you're in this position.
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
(Gifs and photos: source_Tumblr) 
birthdays_OFFmag