Zoe Kazan

Zoe Kazan

*Zoe Kazan
(33 years old)

9 September 1983
Los Angeles, California, USA
5' 4½" (1,64 m)


Known for Ruby Sparks. Kazan received her BA in Theater from Yale University. In the fall of 2006, she played "Sandy" opposite Cynthia Nixon in The New Group's production of "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie". 


She returned to the stage in the fall of 2007 in Playwrights Horizon's production of "100 Saints You Should Know" and in the New Group's "Things We Want". She lives in Brooklyn. 


Zoe Swicord Kazan was born in Los Angeles, California, to screenwriters Nicholas Kazan and Robin Swicord. She is the granddaughter of director Elia Kazan. She is of Greek (from her paternal grandfather), English, and German descent. - IMDb Mini Biography By: anonymous




Trivia*


Daughter of Nicholas Kazan and Robin Swicord.


Was considered one of the 55 faces of the future by Nylon Magazine's Young Hollywood Issue (May 2010).

She and boyfriend Paul Dano shot the movie, Ruby Sparks (2012), which Zoe wrote and in which they co-star.

Good friends with Carey Mulligan.

Lives with boyfriend, Paul Dano.

She has Greek (from her paternal grandfather), English, and German ancestry.

Broadway - currently making her Broadway debut, playing "Marie" in "Come Back, Little Sheba", starring S. Epatha Merkerson, at Manhattan Theatre Club (Biltmore Theatre, NYC). [January 2008]

New York, USA: Her play 'We Live Here,' commissioned by the Manhattan Theater Club, will premiere there in September. [August 2011]

A senior at Yale University. [October 2004]

She is currently in "The Seagull" on Broadway [November 2008]


Personal Quotes*

[why she's reluctant to act] It's just that actors are all lumped together as this vague mass of fame-hungry, swag-wearing, drug-using, eating-disordered people, and I sometimes get sick of being lumped with that group.


[on playwriting] I think action should be revealed through character, so if you have a plot problem, it's probably a character problem. It's fun and easy to write language, but there were things I loved that I had to get rid of because they are no longer carrying their weight.

Broadway is different now than in our parents' generation. The number of straight plays opening there now is so small compared to the 1950s, '60s and '70s. I see many more plays Off Broadway by dint of ticket price and what's being produced. If it costs more, it has to reach a larger audience. That's why there aren't more risky plays on Broadway.

I always wrote. My parents are writers. It just seemed like something people did. I took a writing class in college, liked it, and my first year out of school I couldn't get a job, so I wrote a play. I never wanted to be a playwright. I just didn't say no to any of my interests. I don't have any hobbies.

[on taking up screen-writing] We are in the most insane waiting game of a business, and the only way I have stayed sane is by giving myself another creative outlet.


(Gifs and photos: source_Tumblr)