Jennifer Lawrence (info)

. info_
Jennifer Lawrence
Academy Award-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence is best known for playing Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games" (2012), Tiffany Maxwell in "Silver Linings Playbook"(2012), and Rosalyn Rosenfeld in "American Hustle" (2013).

Jennifer Shrader Lawrence was born on August 15, 1990 in Louisville, Kentucky, to Karen (Koch), who manages a children's camp, and Gary Lawrence, who works in construction. She has two older brothers, Ben and Blaine, and has English, as well as some German, Irish, and Scottish, ancestry.

Before Jennifer became an actress, she was involved in cheer-leading, field hockey, softball, and modeling, none of which she held a passion for. Her career began when she traveled to Manhattan at the age of 14. After conducting her first cold read, agents told her mother that "it was the best cold read by a 14- year-old they had ever heard", and tried to convince her mother that she needed to spend the summer in Manhattan. After leaving the agency, Jen was spotted by an agent in the midst of shooting an H&M ad and asked to take her picture. The next day, that agent followed up with her and invited her to the studio for a cold read audition. Again, the agents were highly impressed and strongly urged her mother to allow her to spend the summer in New York City. As fate would have it, she did, and subsequently appeared in commercials such as MTV's "My Super Sweet 16" and played a role in the movie, The Devil You Know (2013).

Shortly thereafter, her career forced her and her family to move to Los Angeles, where she was cast in the TBS sitcom The Bill Engvall Show (2007), and in smaller movies like The Poker House (2008) and Lejos de la tierra quemada (2008).

Her big break came when she played Ree in Winter's Bone (2010), which landed her Academy Award and Golden Globe nominations. Shortly thereafter, she secured the role of Mystique in franchise reboot X-Men: Primera generación (2011), which went on to be a hit in Summer 2011. Around this time, Lawrence scored the role of a lifetime when she was cast as Katniss Everdeen in the big-screen adaptation of literary sensation "The Hunger Games" (2012). That went on to become one of the highest-grossing movies ever with over $407 million at the domestic box office, and instantly propelled Lawrence to the A-list among young actors/actresses. Three Hunger Games sequels are scheduled for release in November 2013, 2014, and 2015, with Lawrence reprising her role at least for the first one (Los juegos del hambre: En llamas (2013)). In 2012 the romantic comedy Silver Linings Playbook earned her the Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, Satellite Award and the Independent Spirit Award for Best Actress, amongst other accolades, making her the youngest person ever to be nominated for two Academy Awards for Best Actress and the second-youngest Best Actress winner

Lawrence can also be seen in El castor (2011), Como locos (2011), La casa al final de la calle (2012), and "American Hustle" (2013). - IMDb Mini Biography By: Ben Lawrence







Trade Mark 
Slightly husky voice








Trivia 
For her role in Winter's Bone (2010), she learned to skin squirrels, chop wood, and fight.

Plays guitar.

Lawrence graduated from high school two years early in order to begin acting.

Lawrence was discovered by a photographer while visiting New York with her mother in 2005, which led to her landing an agent.

Is the third youngest Oscar nominee for best actress in a leading role, at age 20 years, 163 days. Only Quvenzhané Wallis in Bestias del sur salvaje (2012), at age 9 years, 135 days, and Keisha Castle-Hughes for Whale rider (2002), at age 13 years, 309 days, were younger, at the date of nominations announcement.

She's a huge fan of Jeff Bridges, and got the chance to meet him at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con. Lawrence approached him, not realizing he was in the middle of an interview with Entertainment Tonight (1981), and hurried away. Bridges noticed and immediately called her back. The reporter then handed a star-struck Lawrence the microphone and invited her to take over the interview.

Has appeared in two Sundance Grand Jury Prize winners in a row: Winter's Bone (2010) and Como locos (2011).

Named one of People magazine's Most Beautiful People in the World (2011).

Named one of Variety magazine's Top Ten Actors to Watch (2010).

Ranked #10 on Maxim magazine's Hot 100 Women of 2011 list.

Some of her favorite actresses/acting inspirations are Meryl Streep, Marion Cotillard, Cate Blanchett and Laura Linney.

Ranked #47 in Ask men's top 99 "most desirable" women of 2012.

Voted by her class as "Most Talkative".

Good friends with Josh Hutcherson, her co-star from Los juegos del hambre (2012). They are both Kentucky natives.

Named as having the "Sexiest eyes" by Victoria's Secret What Is Sexy list (2012).

Her father had a concrete construction firm, Lawrence & Associates, and her mother runs a children's camp.

For her role as Katniss Everdeen in Los juegos del hambre (2012), she worked out twice a day and practiced archery.

She has portrayed the daughter of Paula Malcomson twice - in a 2007 episode of the television series Caso abierto: A Dollar, a Dream (2007) and in Los juegos del hambre(2012).

(November 30, 2012) Named "Entertainer of the Year", along with Ben Affleck, by Entertainment Weekly.

Is a natural blonde. She dyed her hair brown for her role in Los juegos del hambre(2012).

Ranked #1 in Ask men's top 99 "most desirable" famous women of 2013 list.

Brought her parents as her date to the 70th Golden Globe Awards after breaking up with her boyfriend Nicholas Hoult.

Became the second youngest recipient of the Best Actress Oscar upon winning the award for El lado bueno de las cosas (2012) on February 24, 2013 (age 22); the youngest recipient is Marlee Matlin, who won for Hijos de un dios menor (1986) on March 30, 1987 (age 21).

By age 23, she became the youngest actress to be nominated for three Oscars, including two of them for leading role, one of which she won.

Is good friends with Emma Stone.

Is the third Oscar-winning Actress to appear in the X-Men films, the others being Anna Paquin and Halle Berry. All three of them will appear together in X-Men: Días del futuro pasado (2014).

Named one of Time magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World (2013).

Her favorite films include La última película (1971), Harold y Maude (1971), Una mujer bajo la influencia (1974), Boogie Nights (1997), El gran Lebowski (1998), Aquellas juergas universitarias (2003), Extrañas coincidencias (2004) and Midnight in Paris (2011).

She has English, German, Irish, Scottish, and remote French ancestry.

Universal and Imagine announced in fall 2013 that she will be cast to play the role of Cathy Ames in an eventual remake of the movie Al Este del Edén (1955), itself based on the classic 1952 novel by John Steinbeck. The remake will be directed by Los juegos del hambre (2012) mastermind Gary Ross, and will consist of two parts and two movies. Her role will be featured in the first film.

Her love of Doritos chips caused her to stain several dresses while on the set of La gran estafa americana (2013), nearly ruining them in the process. The wardrobe department solved this problem by creating a number of identical dresses for her to use throughout the production so she would always have a clean one to wear.

The longest she has gone without an Oscar nomination is the two years between Winter's Bone (2010) and El lado bueno de las cosas (2012).

Was the 141st actress to receive an Academy Award; she won the Best Actress Oscar for El lado bueno de las cosas (2012) at The Oscars (2013) on February 24, 2013.

She is left-handed.

Her mother, Karen, owns a day camp for children. Her father, Gary, used to own a cement company.

Ranked #5 on Maxim magazine's Hot 100 Women of 2014 list.

On the set of Los juegos del hambre (2012), she showed up to set a couple times with the same blood and scar makeup from the day before. Because of this, Elizabeth Banks gave her the nickname Katpiss Neverclean.

Said in an interview that since she and Los juegos del hambre (2012) co-star Josh Hutcherson are such good friends, she decided to buy a house down the street from him.

Suffered pneumonia. [January 2013]

Was in on-off relationship with Nicholas Hoult from 2011 to 2014.

Was in a relationship with Chris Martin from June to October 2014.

Her favorite colors are blue and gold.

Closed 2014 as the highest-grossing actor of the year in Hollywood, her movies having grossed over $1.4 billion worldwide at the box office (Forbes magazine).

Was among the people affected by the hack of private pictures of various celebrities, mostly women, and with many containing nudity, which were posted on the website 4chan and where later distributed by other Internet networks. The event was nicknamed "The Fappening" by the media. The hack started whole new discussions about privacy in the Internet age as well as people unfairly and unnecessarily criticizing the victims for taking the pictures in the first place and putting them on their computer devices. In an interview with Vogue magazine in 2014, Lawrence commented on the hacks for the first time: "It is not a scandal. It is a sex crime [...] It is a sexual violation. It's disgusting. The law needs to be changed, and we need to change.".

Has starred in both, the highest grossing films released at the US box office in 2013 and 2014: Los juegos del hambre: En llamas (2013) and Los juegos del hambre: Sinsajo - Parte 1 (2014). This means, two years in a row a movie with a solo female lead has topped the year's box office, something which has never happened before.

Has starred alongside Bradley Cooper in four movies: El lado bueno de las cosas (2012), La gran estafa americana (2013), Serena (2014) and Joy (2015).

She gave her Oscar to her parents, who keep it in their home in Louisville, Kentucky, because she felt "odd" having it in her own house.

Auditioned for the role of Bella Swan in Crepúsculo (2008), but lost to Kristen Stewart.

Is one of 26 actresses who have received an Academy Award for their performance in a comedy; hers being for (El lado bueno de las cosas (2012)). The others in chronological order, are: Claudette Colbert (Sucedió una noche (1934)), Loretta Young (Un destino de mujer (1947)), Josephine Hull (El invisible Harvey (1950)), Judy Holliday (Nacida ayer(1950)), Audrey Hepburn (Vacaciones en Roma (1953)), Goldie Hawn (Flor de cactus(1969)), Glenda Jackson (Un toque de distinción (1973)), Lee Grant (Shampoo (1975)), Diane Keaton (Annie Hall (1977)), Maggie Smith (California Suite (1978)), Mary Steenburgen (Melvin y Howard (1980)), Jessica Lange (Tootsie (1982)), Anjelica Huston(El honor de los Prizzi (1985)), Olympia Dukakis (Hechizo de luna (1987)), Cher (Hechizo de luna (1987)), Jessica Tandy (Paseando a Miss Daisy (1989)), Mercedes Ruehl (El rey pescador (1991)), Marisa Tomei (Mi primo Vinny (1992)), Dianne Wiest (Balas sobre Broadway (1994)), Mira Sorvino (Poderosa Afrodita (1995)), Frances McDormand (Fargo(1996)), Helen Hunt (Mejor... imposible (1997)), Judi Dench (Shakespeare enamorado(1998)), Gwyneth Paltrow (Shakespeare enamorado (1998)), and Penelope Cruz (Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008)).

Is one of 14 actresses to have won both the Best Actress Academy Award and the Best Actress in a Comedy/Musical Golden Globe for the same performance; hers being for El lado bueno de las cosas (2012). The others, in chronological order, are: Judy Holliday for Nacida ayer (1950), Julie Andrews for Mary Poppins (1964), Barbra Streisand for Funny Girl (Una chica divertida) (1968), Liza Minnelli for Cabaret (1972), Glenda Jackson for Un toque de distinción (1973), Diane Keaton for Annie Hall (1977), Sissy Spacek for Quiero ser libre (1980), Cher for Hechizo de luna (1987), Jessica Tandy for Paseando a Miss Daisy (1989), Helen Hunt for Mejor... imposible (1997), Gwyneth Paltrow for Shakespeare enamorado (1998), Reese Witherspoon for En la cuerda floja (2005), and Marion Cotillardfor La vida en rosa (Edith Piaf) (2007).

She filmed a cameo as Fraida Felcher in a flashback of the sequel Dos tontos todavía más tontos (2014), but she later requested the cameo be pulled.

When she first started playing Mystique in X-Men: First Class, she wore full-body prosthetics which she found uncomfortable. She got to where a special body suit in X-Men: Days of Future Past which she found more comforting to wear.








Personal Quotes 
[on auditions and meetings]: The miserable ones are the ones where all the girls auditioning are in the same room. There's no talking in those rooms. I've tried.

Yesterday, I had to do an interview. I was in a horrible mood. I couldn't think of basic words. I could see my publicist in the background, mouthing things to say. They want you to be likable all the time, and I'm just not.

I'm excited to be seen as sexy. But not slutty.

Where are the Robert Redfords and Paul Newmans of my age group? I love James Franco, but where's the next James Franco? Where are the hunks who can act?

There are actresses who build themselves, and then there are actresses who are built by others. I want to build myself.

... I have this feeling of protectiveness over characters I want to play. I worry about them - if someone else gets the part, I'm afraid they won't do it right; they'll make the character a victim or they'll make her a villain or they'll just get it wrong somehow.

... When I get like that, anything's possible.

[on her role in Winter's Bone (2010)]: I'd have walked on hot coals to get the part. I thought it was the best female role I'd read - ever. I was so impressed by Ree's tenacity and that she didn't take no for an answer. For the audition, I had to fly on the redeye to New York and be as ugly as possible. I didn't wash my hair for a week, I had no makeup on. I looked beat up in there. I think I had icicles hanging from my eyebrows.

When I first got to New York, my feet hit the sidewalk and you'd have thought I was born and raised there. I took over that town. None of my friends took me seriously. I came home and announced, "I'm going to move to New York," and they were like "Okay." Then when I did, they kept waiting for me to fail and come back. But I knew I wouldn't. I was like "I'll show you.".

I never felt like I completely, 100% understood something so well as acting.

I'd like to direct at some point. But I don't know because 10 years ago I would have never imagined that I'd be here. So in 10 years from now, I might be running a rodeo.

[on being a sudden sex symbol]: It feels weird. But [it's] not bad at all.

I don't really diet or anything. I'm miserable when I'm dieting and I like the way I look. I'm really sick of all these actresses looking like birds... I'd rather look a little chubby on camera and look like a person in real life, than look great on screen and look like a scarecrow in real life.

Winter's Bone (2010) wasn't a fun, easy movie to make by any means. But I didn't do it to have fun.

I like when things are hard; I'm very competitive. If something seems difficult or impossible, it interests me.

[on not wanting to be famous] I look at Kristen Stewart now and I think, "I'd never want to be that famous." I can't imagine how I'd feel if all of a sudden my life was pandemonium.

I'm doing what I love, and then I get months and months of rest. I have a lot of money for a 21-year-old. I can't stand it when actors complain.

I hate saying, "I like exercising." I want to punch people who say that in the face. But it's nice being in shape for a movie, because they basically do it all for you. It's like "Here's your trainer. This is what you can eat." I don't diet. I do exercise! But I don't diet. You can't work when you're hungry, you know?

[on being asked if Los juegos del hambre (2012) transitioned her too quickly into stardom]: I think about this all the time. But when you get a promotion at your job, you don't go "That was too fast. Can I stay in the mailroom a while longer?". You take it.

[on posing in an Esquire magazine photo shoot to try and help shake up her public image] A lot of people said, "Oh, now we have a great actress come along and she's showing her boobs." But that's exactly what I had to do so I could keep working. Honestly, that photo shoot is what helped me get X-Men [X-Men: Primera generación (2011)].

There's just no imagination in Hollywood. I wanted to show people Winter's Bone (2010) for the performance, but it ended up having the opposite effect. People were like "No, she's not feminine, she's not sexual.".

[on referring to the characters she has played in Winter's Bone (2010) and Los juegos del hambre (2012)] I don't know what it is with me and maternal wilderness girls, I just love 'em. Even before Winter's Bone, the first movie I ever did, The Poker House (2008), I was caring for my younger siblings in a tough, dark situation.

[on suffering through school] I always felt dumber than everybody else. I hated it. I hated being inside. I hated being behind a desk. School just kind of killed me.

I think it gets so much easier to let things roll off your back. It's such a business of hurry up and wait, and if you let it get to you it will drive you absolutely insane. Like "Why was I called in at four in the morning and I haven't been used until one in the afternoon?". And "Why are we shooting this a million times when we have five other scenes to shoot?". But you get to the point where you just say "This is filmmaking. This is what you get paid for. Everybody is doing the best they can. It's what you have to live with.".

It's always been about the script and the director, for me. There are directors that I want to work with and that I admire. You can love a script, but if it doesn't have a good director, it won't be that. I like to adapt to a director's way of working. I love doing that. Each director is so different, and you have to adapt to this new way of doing something. That's what's amazing to me. That's why I love directors. I don't want the director to have to work around me. I think it's more fun for me to come in on their thing.

[on her acting method] To you it looks emotionally straining, but I don't get emotionally drained, because I don't invest any of my real emotions. I don't take any of my characters' pain home with me, I don't even take it to craft services. I've never been through anything that my characters have been through. And I can't go around looking for roles that are exactly like my life. So I just use my imagination. If it ever came down to the point where, to make a part better, I had to lose a little bit of my sanity, I wouldn't do it. I would just do comedies.

[on owning her own bow and arrows] One time, I actually used it for defense. I pulled into my garage and I heard men in my house. And I was like "I'm not letting them take my stuff. I had just gotten back from training, so I had the bow and arrows in the back of my car. I went to my car and I put this quiver on me and I had my bow and I loaded it and I'm walking up the stairs. And I look, and my patio doors were open, and there were guys working right there, and I was like 'Hey, how you doin'?' They [her friends] were like 'We've got to stage someone to break into your house and you can kill them!' That would be the funniest news ever. Katniss Everdeen actually kills someone with a bow and arrow!".

Not to sound rude, but [acting] is stupid. Everybody's like "How can you remain with a level head?". And I'm like "Why would I ever get cocky? I'm not saving anybody's life. There are doctors who save lives and firemen who run into burning buildings. I'm making movies. It's stupid.".

[on meeting/being wowed by acting idols] Once I'm obsessed with somebody, I'm terrified of them instantly. I'm not scared of them - I'm scared of me and how I will react. Like, for instance, one time someone was introducing me to Bill Maher, and I saw Meryl Streepwalk into the room, and I literally put my hand right in Bill Maher's face and said, "Not now, Bill!", and I just stared at Meryl Streep. [when asked if she met Meryl Streep] Of course not. I just creepily stared at her.

[on the moral of The Poker House (2008)] Things can happen to you, but they don't have to happen to your soul.

[on forgetting to thank Harvey Weinstein in her Best Actress acceptance speech at the 85th Academy Awards (2013)] It's been fun. I guess I'll never work again.

[when asked in the Oscar Press Room, about what happened when she tripped on the stairs while accepting the award for Best Actress] Was that on purpose? Absolutely!... What do you mean what happened? Look at my dress! I tried to walk up stairs in this dress, that's what happened. Yeah, I think I just stepped on the fabric and... they waxed the stairs.

Don't worry about the bitches - that could be a good motto, because you come across people like that throughout your life.

I never play characters that are like me because I'm a boring person. I wouldn't want to see me in a movie.

In Hollywood, I'm obese. I'm considered a fat actress. I eat like a caveman. I'll be the only actress that doesn't have anorexia rumors! I'm never going to starve myself for a part. I'm invincible. I don't want little girls to be like "Oh, I want to look like Katniss, so I'm going to skip dinner!".

[on her dancing ability] I'm a horrible dancer!... I'm like a dad at prom... I look like Gumby getting electrocuted.

As soon as somebody farts around me, I think it's hilarious. This is something my brothers did that now the boys at work are obsessed with. You cup it, and then you throw it in someone's face and say, "Take a bite out of that cheeseburger!".

The best birthday present I ever received was a T-shirt my friend had made that said "I passed out in Disneyland '07" (I had heat stroke in Disneyland).

I am just a normal girl and a human being, and I haven't been in this long enough to feel like this is my new normal.

I'm still getting used to everything. It still makes me a little emotional, just to see how quickly everything kind of changes -- that it changes so fast.

[on mental illness] It's just so bizarre in this world; if you have asthma, you take asthma medicine. If you have diabetes, you take diabetes medicine, but as soon as you have to take medication for your mind it's... there's such a stigma behind it.

My parents saw me so truly happy that they sacrificed everything for my happiness. Without my family, I would be nothing.

Maybe one day, I'll turn into an asshole. But there are too many out there already.

[on fame] I'm from Kentucky. I used to be very personable and make eye contact and smile at people, and now all I do is look down. When I'm at dinner and one person after another keeps interrupting to take pictures, it's like "I can't live like this.".

[on being dubbed the "Sexiest Woman in the World" by FHM magazine] It's the lie heard around the world. I know the truth. I know Beyoncé is the queen of the world.

[on Josh Hutcherson] Whenever Josh is like "I don't think you should do it like that." And then I'm like "Oh, really? Do you wanna tell that to my Oscar?".

[on her experiences on the set of Los juegos del hambre: En llamas (2013)] Everybody told me there were no spiders, so when I saw three, I started crying. Jungles are not easy when you're afraid of everything. I think I am a legitimate alcoholic. No, what's it called? An arachnophobic.








Salary
Winter's Bone (2010) $3.000 a week (scale)
The Hunger Games (2012) $500.000 plus escalators that equal to $1,000,000
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013) $10.000.000 (combination of salary, bonuses and escalators)
Joy (2015) $15.000.000
Passengers (2016) $20.000.000 ...............................................................................................




(Gifs and photos: source_Tumblr) 
birthdays_OFFmag