Devon Aoki



*Devon Aoki
(34 years old)

10 August 1982
New York City, New York, USA
5' 5" (1,65 m)



Born in New York but raised in California. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Leslie R.



Trivia*

She won the role of a street racer in 2 Fast 2 Furious - A todo gas 2 (2003) but, as it turned out, she didn't know how to drive. She had to be taught by professional stunt racers.


Has an older sister and a younger brother.

Parents are Pamela Hilburger and Rocky Aoki.

In Paris in 2003, during fashion week, she and May Andersen were attacked by a man who sprayed them in the face with tear gas.

Her brother is DJ Steve Aoki Kid Millionaire and also owns and operates Dim Mak records.

Posed for renowned Singaporean photographer Leslie Kee for Kee's 2006 charity photo-book "Super Stars", dedicated to the victims of the 2004 Asian tsunami disaster, which consists of photographs of 300 Asian celebrities by Kee.

Gave birth to her 1st child at age 28, a son James Hunter Bailey, Jr. on June 10, 2011. Child's father is her fiancé, James Bailey.

Has been engaged to her longtime boyfriend James Bailey since 2010 and they have 2 children together.

Gave birth to her 2nd child at age 30, a daughter Alessandra Linville Bailey on February 12, 2013. Child's father is her fiancé, James Bailey.



Personal Quotes*

I lived in London for eight years and I like to say that I am two parts American and one part British because I lived there for a third of my life.


In modeling, my height was a big challenge to overcome, because I was pretty much the shortest girl on the runway whenever I was doing the catwalk. The clothes didn't fit and the shoes didn't fit. It was an issue, but luckily, it didn't prevent me from working.

I'm really not that weird. I'm a combination of a lot of different things. Maybe it's just easier to make me look weird than another model who is specifically Caucasian.

I had professional stunt racers teaching me how to drive.

Everyone has their own insecurities, regardless of how you look or how people perceive you, but sometimes people give their insecurities too much power. Defining beauty is simply a matter of opinion. For me, real beauty has very little to do with the structure of someone's face or body.

I think it's important that there is a change, especially in fashion. I'm pleased to be part of a "new breed" of models who perhaps don't exactly fit the status quo.

It's difficult to see yourself up on screen without being a critic.

I'm pretty athletic, but I'm not very strong.

I always thought models had to fit a certain mould. I never thought I had what it takes. I'm too small and my look's pretty weird.

I think people like to think I'm in some way financially dependent on my family--on my dad--but the fact of the matter is I've been emancipated from my father since I was 14 years old. That's something people don't know or understand.

I have lots of brothers and sisters, two of whom are younger than myself, so I rely on my phone, text messaging or e-mailing to stay in the loop and communicate when I'm away for big chunks of time.