Jayma Mays (info)

. info_ 
Jayma Mays 
was born Jamia Suzette Mays. She was raised in Grundy, Virginia, with her older brother and sister. Her father was a high school teacher at Grundy Senior High School for 7 years, before spending 25 years working in the coal-mining industry. He is now retired and lives with Jayma's mother in Bristol.

At school, Jayma enjoyed Math and singing. She graduated from high school in 1997. She then went on to get an Associate degree from Southwest Virginia Community College. She then did a year at Virginia Tech, transferring to Radford University. After earning her degree in Theatre in 2000, she moved to California.

She started out with an internship with actor Timothy Busfield, of the television series Treintaytantos (1987). In 2004, she had her screen television debut on Joey (2004). Her first feature film came, a year later, in Vuelo nocturno (2005). Her breakthrough role came when she won the role of "Emma Pillsbury" on the hit show, Glee (2009). - IMDb Mini Biography By: Kad






Spouse 
Adam Campbell (28 October 2007 - present) 







Trade Mark
Red hair and large hazel eyes

Glazy stare and big smile







Trivia 
Has appeared on two major network television series, Héroes (2006) and Betty (2006), within the same the year with the same character name, "Charlie".

Jayma's all-time favorite television show is Las chicas de oro (1985). She has the boxed set and watches it all the time.

After receiving her B.S. in Performing Arts from Radford University, she completed an apprenticeship with B-Street Theatre in Sacramento, California.

After moving to Los Angeles, California she joined the Knightsbridge Theatre Company where she performed in several stage plays working with them for nearly three years.







Personal Quotes 
I feel really content in my 30s actually. I don't feel like the wisest person in the world but I definitely don't worry or stress like I used to.

I was a big fan of 'The Smurfs' growing up, even though by default - my mom used to force me to watch because she was a 'Smurfs' fan.

I definitely know that I'm quirky. I know that I'm different. Red hair definitely made me different growing up.

I did math in school, obviously. And I loved all my math teachers.

I don't remember my dreams. I'm one of those weird people. I know there are tricks and things you can do, but I never remember my dreams.

My husband calls me a ginger every single day of my life, so that I'm completely used to it, and I've come to see it as a term of endearment.

This morning I was laughing at my cat who was running up the stairs and slipped, and pretended like it didn't happen.

Growing up I played piano and I sang at a lot of weddings; I grew up in a very small town, a little coal-mining town in Virginia called Grundy. And my family was very sing-songy at home.

I did work at a mall in college - I think retail/customer service is just one of the most hideous jobs in the world. So I always try to be extra nice when I go into a store. But malls are part of our culture, if you watched any teen comedy in the '80s. it's clear that malls are where we live!

I was really across-the-board, like a nutcase. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, so I just did everything. I was even part of FHA, Future Homemakers of America. How lost was I?

I was so focused at 21, maybe to my own detriment because I didn't allow myself to have fun. I was constantly looking for the next audition and working to pay the bills.

My mom was a big 'Smurfs' fan, so she would force me to watch every Saturday morning. I had no choice in the matter. I would jump downstairs on Saturday morning, 'Hurray, cartoons!' and she would say, 'Smurfs! That's what you're watching.'

The other day, I noticed I'd arranged my spices in alphabetical order when I was on the phone, without even realizing, and when I was a kid I was constantly cleaning and organizing things - my toys, my sister's cosmetics.
...............................................................................................