Adam Scott (info and photos)

Adam Scott (info and photos)
Adam Scott was born in Santa Cruz, California, the son of Anne and Douglas Scott. He has two older siblings, Shannon and David. Scott has said that his brother David "looks like me but is far more cerebral and inherited the intellect of our parents," both of whom are retired teachers. He graduated from Harbor High School and he is a graduate of the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Los Angeles, California. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Anonymous

Spouse
Naomi Scott (2005 - present) (2 children)

Trivia 

He is a graduate of the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.

Is good friends with actor Paul Rudd.

Auditioned for the role of Jim Halpert from the television series "The Office".

Personal Quotes
I think De culo y cuesta abajo (2009) is one of the great television shows, ever. And I thought that the structure of it, how each episode begins just minutes after the last one ended, it's like watching a three-hour movie. A hilarious movie. So I was so excited. It's funny how much more excited I was to be asked to come do one scene of "Eastbound & Down" than I've been about some of my other jobs. I mean, I was just over the moon to get to go and work with those guys. Holy shit, it's so good. It's so funny. I think that's a great show, and just so, so dirty.

[on Hermanos por pelotas (2008)] I just love that movie. I think that Adam McKay andWill Ferrell and John C. Reilly and those guys, that's truly what subversive is. It's coming up with really high-absurdist insanity and putting it on 3,000 screens and actually having a big hit. I mean, you look at that movie and just how fucking weird and absurd it is, and to think that that's been embraced by enormous amounts of people, that is really incredible. I think that's a great movie. I'm so proud just to be a small part of it. "Step Brothers" itself, when I did it, I don't know if I had any idea that it would become a defining moment in my career and life like it has, and I'm really happy that that's the one that ended up being that for me. There have lots of moments where I thought maybe something would be that, and it just didn't happen, and I'm happy that it didn't, because those things ended up being really lame. But this has kind of ended up being that for me in a lot of ways, and I'm happy for that, because it's so crazy, and such a cool movie.

[on making Piraña 3D (2010) 3-D] It was 115 degrees in Lake Havasu, Arizona, where we were working, and the entire movie takes place outside during the day. So it was miserable, but it was really fun because they were cool people, like Paul ScheerElisabeth Shue and Jerry O'Connell. It was really fun, but the movie itself - apparently it's the bloodiest movie in history, which is easy to believe, because at the lake we were shooting at, they had a tanker truck filled with fake blood that would just pump into the lake continually during this one massacre scene. So apparently gallon for gallon, the bloodiest movie of all time. So take that information and either come see it or avoid it.

[on Hellraiser: Bloodline (1996)] That was my first real job, my first real movie that I got, so I was so excited. I thought, "Well, this is it, bro". Like I was blowing off my friends and - no, I don't think I was, but I really did think, "Well, this is it". And it wasn't it. It was "Hellraiser 4". I mean, what can I say? It was my first real movie job, so I got to set and the PA brought me over to my chair and I was like, "Wow! I get a chair with my name on it. That's insane. I've been dreaming about this since I was a little kid". And then he brings me over to this chair with a piece of duct tape on it with "Adam Craig" written on it. Welcome to Hollywood.

[on working with Martin Scorsese on El aviador (2004)] I grew up idolizing him, as many people in show business do. I had pictures of him on my wall as a teenager and stuff. I was a pretentious teenager, so of course I had, you know, Toro salvaje (1980) posters and all of that. "Raging Bull" is not a pretentious movie, but me having the poster was a pretentious action. I even grew a goatee and had a Knicks cap, because I thought I wanted to be like Spike Lee. What a douchebag. So getting that part, auditioning for him - it was kind of this rigorous audition process. It was crazy. For good reason too, because you're on his set, and it's really challenging. Like, I was in that scene that's me, Leonardo DiCaprioCate Blanchett, and Jude Law, and we're all sitting around this table, and between takes - this is a scene with like, 400 extras in this room - and between takes, you can hear a pin drop. It's just silent. I'd never been on a set like that before, all this respect for this guy. He wants a quiet set, so it is dead quiet, and for good reason. We all had to focus, because we were all playing characters, we all had voices, different mannerisms. It was really kind of head-to-toe. Like, we were working hard. We had a five- or six-page scene that we took three days to shoot, which is a long time to work on something, so we were all just spent, but in the best way possible. I mean, I will never forget a second of that experience, of auditioning for it, getting it, going there for the summer and working on it. Every little interaction I had with Scorsese is forever tattooed on my brain. It's just a special experience, special moment in my life, let alone in my career.

[2010 quote] You know, it looks like I have a varied resume or a varied career, that I've made interesting choices, when the truth of the matter is, in a way I've just kind of piece-mealed a career together, you know? I've just been taking jobs as they've come, and it hasn't been, until recently, I've been making choices, just for the past couple of years. For years and years, I was doing extra work and guest spots and anything I could cobble together. It now, looking back on it, it does look very-like, I'm in Torque: Rodando al límite (2004) and La madre del novio (2005). It's not on purpose. I fought like hell to get those parts. And on the resume, it looks like a bunch of eclectic, not-always-cool roles, but the truth of the matter is, I've just been trying to keep things going.

[2009 quote on sharing the same name as the pro golfer] We're both semi-famous within our little subcultures but neither one of us is a global mainstream behemoth. Overall, I'd say he's way more famous than I am. I think the main difference between the other Adam Scott and me is that I'm the one who doesn't give a shit about golf. I have absolutely no interest in the game whatsoever.

[2010 quote] I actually love Torque: Rodando al límite (2004). I think Torque's hilarious. It's great if you're stoned. It's really weird if you're stoned, like in a good way, but also in a, "What the fuck, who made this?" way. I think it's this weird confluence of the studio wanting to make a "Fast And The Furious" movie and a director who wanted to make fun of "Fast And The Furious" movies, and those things kind of colliding. It's just so fucking weird, but it was fun. It was fun for me because I got to run around with a gun and drive a car. It was super-fun. I haven't seen it in years, so maybe I should rent it. I think it's hilarious.

[on his role in La madre del novio (2005)] You know, "Monster-In-Law" is another one, where at the time, that was a great job for me, and I really needed it. It was cool working with all those people, but now maybe it's not the kind of thing I'd do. I mean, it's cool to be able and sit there and ask Jane Fonda about Klute (1971) and El regreso (1978), but again, it's not the sort of thing I would do if I had the choice now. But Will Arnett was in it too, and he's awesome. He doesn't embarrass himself quite so much in the way I do in that movie, so he doesn't really have to worry. You know what, I can't be embarrassed, because I did it, but I don't know-fuck. How do I answer this and seem cool, but also not be a dick to the people that hired me?

[on Yo y el mundo (1993)] That was one of my first jobs too, but it's weird because at the time, "Boy Meets World" was a show for children, a show for 11-year-old girls. So it's not like it had any real meaning. It was a job I had. I made friends with a couple of people on the show. So no one I knew watched it or even knew what it was...At the time, it was like being on a cartoon at 6 in the morning on a Saturday. It had no significance whatsoever. For me, it was exciting because it was a job on a TV show, but as far as a career thing, it was meaningless.

[2010 quote on his career] I'm still in the guest-star mentality, where I'm just grateful. Like, on the Parks and Recreation (2009) set, I still feel like I'm a guest star. Being a fan of the show, it's really surreal to be on the set and see that it's not real, and getting to know the actors and they're not their characters. I'm still kind of in that mindset, most of the time.

(2008 quote on his career approach) I really just take it role by role, and I don't really have a specific idea of what I want to play. I just read stuff and figure out what I might enjoy doing. If they're interested in me and things line up...you just hope it all lines up.

[on filming Tenías que ser tú (2010) in Ireland) A bunch of us from the movie went out one night and I had never consumed so much Guinness in one sitting in my life. People drink it like it's non-fat milk over there. It's delicious and it goes down so easy, and then all of a sudden I was like, "Wait a second, where the hell am I?" I was so wasted that I totally forgot I was in Ireland.

I don't know why I gravitate towards nice guys and dick heads, but I like them both.

_
_