Terrence Howard (info)

Terrence Howard
was born in Chicago, Illinois, to Anita Jeanine Williams (née Hawkins) and Tyrone Howard. He was raised in Cleveland, Ohio. His love for acting came naturally, through summers spent with his great-grandmother, New York stage actress Minnie Gentry. He later began his acting career after being discovered on a New York City street by a casting director. Soon, he followed with several notable TV appearances on shows such as Living Single (1993), Policías de Nueva York (1993) and Soul Food (2000). He became well known for his lead role in the UPN TV series Sparks (1996).

Known for Rhodey in Iron Man. began his acting career after being discovered on a New York City street by a casting director…

Howard broke onto the big screen with his riveting performance in Profesor Holland(1995). Howard's most memorable performances to date are of scene-stealing characters such as "Cowboy" in the Hughes brother's film Dinero para quemar (1995) and as "Quentin" in Malcolm D. Lee's Independent film El mejor amigo del novio (1999). The latter earning him a NAACP Image Award, Independent Spirit Award nomination and a Chicago Film Critics Award nomination.

A self taught musician, Howard plays both the piano and the guitar. You can see Terrence display his musical talents opposite Jamie Foxx in this year's breakout film Ray (2004). A promising songwriter, Howard's lyrics are soon to be acquired by some of today's biggest artists.

In addition to his musical talents, Howard also has a strong interest in science. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Joy Jordan










Spouse 
Miranda Howard (3 December 2013 - 27 July 2015) (divorced) (1 child)
Michelle Ghent (20 January 2010 - 2013) (divorced)
Lori McCommas (February 2005 - 2008) (divorced)
Lori McCommas (1989 - 2003) (divorced) (3 children)












Trivia
He was released from jail on August 18 2000 after spending a night there in Cleveland. He allegedly grabbed a flight attendant's wrist (Cleveland-bound flight from Toronto) and yelled at her to get out of his way when she told him to remain in his seat while the plane's seat belt sign was on. He was reportedly taking his 3-year-old daughter, Heavenly, to the bathroom.

Another passenger assisted the flight attendant, who was not seriously hurt. On arrival in Cleveland, Howard was charged with assault and jailed overnight, but the charge was dismissed when the local prosecutor said he lacked jurisdiction and the incident was a federal matter. [August 2000]

Was in Ashanti's first video, Foolish.

Grew up in Cleveland.

At the age of 3, he witnessed his father stab a man in self-defense. His father served 11 months for manslaughter.

Great-grandmother, Minnie Gentry, was an actress in New York.

Went to Pratt institute to study chemical engineering.

Invited to join AMPAS in 2006.

Attended the third annual Dubai International Film Festival in the United Arab Emirates in late December 2006 along with Oliver Stone, Yasiin Bey and Richard Gere.

Has two daughters and two sons: Aubrey (b. 1993), Hunter (b. 1995), Heavenly (b. 1997) and Qirin Love (b. May 15, 2015).

He has 10 siblings.

Was member of the dramatic jury at the Sundance Film Festival in 2006.

Had Bell's palsy for nine months while in high school.

Lives in Plymouth Meeting, a suburb of Philadelphia.

Both of his parents are of African-American and Caucasian descent.

Landed a role on La hora de Bill Cosby (1984) at the age of 15 and he filmed an episode, but all his scenes were cut.

Was in consideration for the part of Curtis Taylor Jr in Dreamgirls (2006). However Jamie Foxx was cast instead.

In 2010, Howard was initiated into Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. as an Honorary Member.

Has a granddaughter, Hazel Gayle, born on December 26, 2012 and grandson born February 2015.

Starring as "Brick" in the Broadway production of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"

Lives in a small town in Pennsylvania. [January 2006]

Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania [October 2005]












Personal Quotes 
You know, it goes without saying that things are different for people of color. I work to pay the bills, not to listen to the hype. I've been the next big thing in this business for a few years. It's funny to me when I hear it now, because I know the way it works. I'm not confused.

"I'm damn near 37 years old, and I'm jumping up and down on the bed like my 10-year-old. I was a wild man" [31 January 2006 upon learning of his Oscar nomination for Hustle & Flow (2005)].

I did 19 years of supporting [roles] before I tried to take a lead.

"I love trees. Too much concrete in New York. Too many big people. I don't do well with big, important people...Besides until I start making money I'm strictly McDonald's." [on why he still lives in Philadelphia].

I don't like skinny girls. A woman is supposed to have curves. I'm definitely attracted to the waves in the ocean.

(On his first role in La hora de Bill Cosby (1984)) I got on the show after begging the casting person to see me. We did the episode, I told all my friends it was coming on, and then they cut me out at the last minute. I was furious. So the next day, I went to Mr. Cosby's dressing room and asked him why I got cut out. He didn't seem to appreciate that too much. I never got back on the show again.

My father was half-White and half-Black with sky-blue eyes and wavy hair. They called him no-nation. He hated Whites and told us to be cautious of them. And of Blacks he said, 'You can't trust them.'

(2007 - On quitting smoking) The habit was a problem in my life. I always thought I was strong enough to battle it, but I guess I wasn't. I went to Dubai for a film festival recently and purchased a 7,000-pound stone lion that now sits outside my home. I put my very last cigarette underneath it.

(2008) You offend me, I will call you on it. I don't care if you're the head of a studio or a P.A. on the set. You disrespect me, you have to pay for that. You're not gonna tell me 'shut up' and I'll shut up. I've always maintained my integrity. That's more important than anything. Being able to face yourself in the mirror at the end of the day and say, 'I still see me there. I don't see a dented version of me.'

Kahlil Gibran said that madness frees us from the world's understanding of us. The best thing you can be called is crazy.

[when asked by National Public Radio's Scott Simon about the announcement that Howard would not be cast in the Iron Man (2008) sequel] It was the surprise of a lifetime. There was no explanation. The contract just ... up and vanished. I read something in the trades that implicated it was about money or something, but apparently the contracts that we write and sign aren't worth the paper that they're printed on, sometimes. Promises aren't kept, and good faith negotiations aren't always held up.

If evolution works, why are monkeys still around?

[asked about the worst thing he has witnessed] The worst thing I witnessed was Iron Man(2008) killing my career. Or trying to. They tried to.










Salary 
Hustle & Flow (2005) $12.000
Idlewild (2006) $40.000
Fighting (2009) $1.750.000
Winnie (2011) $1.000.000




...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................


birthdays_OFFmag