Kesha (info)

Kesha
Kesha Rose Sebert , known mononymously as Kesha, is an American singer, songwriter, and rapper. In 2005, at age 18, Kesha was signed to producer Dr. Luke's label Kemosabe Records. Her breakthrough came in early 2009 after appearing on rapper Flo Rida's number-one single "Right Round". Her debut album, Animal, and her first extended play, Cannibal, were released in 2010. Kesha's music and image propelled her to immediate commercial success, with Animal debuting as the number-one album in the United States. She also achieved two number-one singles, "Tik Tok" and "We R Who We R", and a string of top-ten hits singles from the album and its re-release. At the same time, she continued to write songs for other artists, including "Till the World Ends" for Britney Spears.Warrior, her second studio album, was released in December 2012, spawning Kesha's eighth top-ten single with "Die Young". "Tik Tok" is among the best-selling digital singles in history, selling over 14 million units internationally.

Influenced by various genres and artists, Kesha primarily draws inspiration from music of the 1980s; Madonna, Queen, and Beck have been cited as instrumental to her music. After experimenting with country, pop rock, and electronic music, Kesha stuck with the latter. Thematically, her music generally revolves around escapism, partying, individuality, supernatural moments, rebellion, and grief. Kesha has been involved with animal rights and LGBT activism.[2][3] Since her debut, Kesha has been nominated for over 50 awards, winning more than 13. Among these awards, she won the MTV Europe Music Award for Best New Act in 2010. As of February 2016, she has reportedly sold over 33 million records (albums, tracks, and ringtones) in the United States and 60 million records worldwide. Born on March 1, 1987 in Los Angeles, California, USA as Kesha Rose Sebert.












Trade Mark
Glitter

Often uses famous people in her songs

Blue lipstick

Weird clothes

Tattoo face paint

Raps verses and sings refrains in songs














Trivia 
Pop singer.

Ranked #56 in the 2010 Maxim list of "Hot 100 Women".

She doesn't know who her dad is.

Her mother Pebe Sebert struggled financially as she brought Kesha and her siblings up. They had to rely on welfare payments and food stamps to get by.

Her family was featured on The Simple Life (2003).

She said that she did not fit in at school in the Brentwood suburb of Nashville, which she called the "Bible Belt". Her unconventional dress sense, including homemade purple velvet pants and purple hair, did not warm her to other students.

Once vomited in Paris Hilton's closet.

Kesha loves and respects animals. She is a vegetarian, only wears fake fur, and is one of Humane Society International's ambassadors.

Has a mezzo-soprano vocal range.

She has a dog named Bakon.

She is allergic to mangoes.

Sister of Lagan Sebert and Louie Sebert.

Her maternal grandfather was of German descent, and her maternal grandmother was of Hungarian ancestry.

Dropped out of high school at seventeen after being convinced by Music producers Dr Luke and Max Martin.

Has struggled with Bullimia and attended Rehab for treatment.

She has cited Beck, Dolly Parton, Iggy Pop, Queen, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, Madonna, Elton John, Aaron Neville, Britney Spears, Bob Dylan, The Damned, Velvet Underground, Blondie and graffiti artist Banksy as influences. She listed Pop's ''The Idiot'' as well as Led Zeppelin and AC/DC as inspirations for her second studio album, Warrior, intended to feature 1970s rock inspired music which also has a duet with Iggy Pop himself.

Before she was famous, she found and sneaked into Prince's house and left a demo tape on his table.

Is an ordained Minister and once performed a wedding between two Lesbian friends.

Is an avid History buff and has taken classes on The Cold War out of interest.

Worked as a waitress while furthering her Music career.














Personal Quotes 
I do think I have a rebellious, metal-loving rock chick inside of me.

You don't have to carry a designer bag that costs more than a car to look cool.

Every weird thing about you is beautiful and makes life interesting.

You have to have a sense of humor about life to get through it.

Be yourself. Unapologetically.

I just like playing with makeup and clothes - so I really don't feel like there are rules, and if there are rules, then I think it's up to you to break them.

I like vintage a lot.

I love country music, blues, and punk, and one day I might make those kinds of records.

My band and I, we cover our bodies in hairspray and glitter. We use the hairspray to make sure the glitter sticks.

I hope to bring much more attention to important issues and change for issues and practices that are harming animals.

I love wearing the exact same thing all the time because I think it makes you like a cartoon character. They always wear the same outfit and everybody always remembers them for it, so I feel like I should do the same thing.

I'm not saying I'm the perfect role model. But I'm honest. Period.

When you're around me, you're going to get glitter on you.

I am so not a proper, good female. I can't dance in high heels and I'm just so not girly, but then I see these men with these banging bodies, dancing in heels, singing, and having so much fun with so much make-up on. That makes me honestly want to be a better woman.

I just think that gay men have much better taste than any straight man I have met. I have never gotten any grief about having a good time, being unapologetic, and irreverent from a gay man.

I think people need to have fun with whatever they're doing - makeup, their clothes, music, live shows - anything you don't need to take too seriously, don't take too seriously.

I deal with haters on a daily basis.

I understand I'm supposed to be feminine and dainty, but I'm not. There are two sides to the coin. People are more impressed with things that I do because they almost treat you as if you're handicapped if you're a woman... people can be impressed that I can play a few chords on the guitar.

I want a pig. I want a pig on a leash. A baby pig on a leash.

Glitter is my makeup of choice.

I don't get embarrassed.

I want to reconnect to my animal life.

I believe in karma, and I believe if you put out positive vibes to everybody, that's all you're going to get back.

Of course there are certain things that get to me, but I try and lead by example and show people that, especially with haters, that you should just ignore them.

I could party in a cardboard box with people who are funny and don't care. For me, it's really about who I surround myself with, so I just try to always be with hilarious people.

Just because I'm sassy and have a mouth on me doesn't mean I'm coming from a negative place.

I think if you are going to be a singer, you should sing. If you are going to be a dancer, you should dance. If you are going to do a combination of the two, you should make it very clear when you are singing and very clear when you are dancing.

I am a huge fan of the transgender community.

I can't walk in high heels, never mind dance in them.

I do destroy men on a weekly basis. It's like a hobby. I'm like a praying mantis.

I do have a stylist who helps me shop, because I don't have time to shop.

I do love country music.

I don't want young people to think they can't make a difference because they don't have money.

I embrace the imperfections and celebrate them.

I have haters. I have so many haters.

I have rock 'n' roll pumping through my veins.

I love creepy old dudes. I love that they have so much self-confidence, despite having no evidence whatsoever to back it up.

You really can't stereotype people or put them in boxes, it's unfair.

A friend of mine has a big farm in the desert, and she picks up feathers and roadkill for me, then makes it into clothes. I think it's cool to wear roadkill. If I died and somebody wanted to wear my teeth around their neck to VMAs, I'd feel honored.

All men that date me have to know that their name may end up in a pop song.

Eventually, I would love to be on my deathbed and looked at as an icon. Right now I'm still at the baby stages of my career. But that is the goal.

Everything I write is based on something I've personally experienced, or things that my friends have experienced that I just find horribly entertaining.

I never want to be pretentious.

I'm a singer and a writer first. I started to rap by accident, being playful.

I'm not saying I look cool, but every single time I go onstage, it is a fail if I don't feel like I'm going to pass out at least twice.

I'm really fun. I'm ridiculously fun. I hope I'm infectiously fun.

I'm writing constantly about all my crazy experiences across the world, so I have a lot of music I've already written.

I don't want to treat my fans like they are stupid.

I don't wear a lot of high heels.

I grew up in the Bible Belt and I made my own clothes and dyed my hair purple. Nobody ever knew what to do with me.

I know that I can sing. That's the reason I started playing music when I was twelve years old.

I love it when people send me body parts.

I've always been loud and obnoxious and sneaking my way into things, and so I feel like I've snuck my way onto the Lollapalooza lineup, and I'm going to sneak my way into whatever else I get to do.

It can bum you out when your intentions aren't, like, translated properly.

It's about time that society accepts people for who they are.

Society has taught us to suppress certain things and not do certain things.

What I'm doing is art - it's low-brow art but there's a magic in that.

I plan on making a lot more records, and hopefully one of them will be Grammy worthy.

I played saxophone and trumpet. Pretty nerdy.

I put on the best live show, the absolute best live show I can possibly can.

I think I am really irreverent and I pretty much just talk to and about men the way men talk to and about women.

I think people should give in to what they feel like doing at the time and be a raw animal.

I do my laundry on a weekly basis.

I don't go to clubs.

I don't have the best body in the world, but I know for a fact that I have a really good voice.

I don't really plan what comes out of my mouth, and that's what makes most of my lyrics entertaining.

I think there's a good pop song in pretty much anything.

I try to get in quiet time and book time, but really, the only time I ever get that is when I'm on an airplane - I have a fear of flying, but I actually love flying because it's the only time I can sleep, and it's the only time I get to read.

I wanted to make youthful, irreverent anthems. Parents might not get it, but kids would.

I was very studious.

My mother taught me how to write.

My makeup is usually left over from the night before.

It is so fascinating that someone can commit their whole entire lifestyle to being such a fantastic woman when I'm such a bum about it.

If you want to be a legitimate artist, it's more important what you say no to.

I've done the country, done the pop-rock, done the super-hard electro.

You're an animal, you live, maybe this one time is your lifetime - go there. Who cares what somebody else thinks?

You never know what an artist is going to create next.

Writing for somebody else is really fun 'cause I consider myself a songwriter first and foremost.

Working in this industry, I have been exposed to so many products and now realize more than ever how cruel and unnecessary animal testing is.

What I'm bringing to the pop table is that I'm not pretentious.

There is no correlation between happiness and amounts of money.

I've always been into bearded dudes.

I'm responsible.

I'm pretty sure that I was JFK in my past life.

I'm over dudes trying to look like they're in boy bands.

I'm not thuggy.

I'm just very amused by five-year-old humor.

I write about what I'm going through.

I write about stuff that happens to me, so I try to live as interesting a life as possible.

I wouldn't have a No. 1 record or song if I wasn't a hardworking person.

I went through awkward, chubby, total weirdo phases.

Sometimes it is hard to sing and dance at the same time, but I would rather be off and be real and genuine about it to my fans.

Rap in general has never been my steez, but I like it.

One fan sent me one tooth, so I made a necklace out of it. But then I found a bunch of my baby teeth, and started realizing I would love to wear a piece of my fans' bodies on me.

My show is a sensory assault... in a very brief manner - the show is only 25 minutes long.

My music is fun, kind of cheeky.
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................


birthdays_OFFmag