Jai Courtney (info)

Jai Courtney
Born March 15, 1986 in Sydney, Australia, Courtney and his sister were raised in Sydney's leafy northwest suburbs, attending Galston Public School where their mother, Karen, was a teacher. His father, Chris, was a civil servant with the state electricity company, implying that there were no show business influences in the family when Jai caught the acting bug as a 10-year-old. He went on to develop his dramatic skills at Cherrybrook Technology High School. At 18, Courtney, like many of Australia's finest thespians before him, tried and failed to win a place at the country's leading acting school, the National Academy for Dramatic Art (NIDA). - IMDb Mini Biography By: scaryofmonsters












Trivia
In 2008, Courtney had a lead role in the hit Australian series "Packed to the Rafters" and a guest lead in the popular "All Saints." He was in the comedy feature To Hell & Bourke and several short films.

He graduated from the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts.

Featured in Inside Film Magazine's 2012 Rising Talent issue. The special feature profiled 25 rising young Australian actors including Margot Robbie, Alex Russell, Adelaide Clemens, and David Ludlow.

After being cast in Spartacus: Sangre y arena (2010), he and Andy Whitfield became inseparable and remained so until Whitfield's death in 2011. Courtney remains close to Whitfield's wife and children.

Attended drama school with future Spartacus: Sangre y arena (2010) co-star Viva Bianca.

Was in a relationship with Gemma Pranita from 2006 to 2014.

Jai was a guest at Jimmy Kimmel Live! (2003) on June 25, 2015 and revealed that his parents named him after the character Jai from Tarzán (1966).













Personal Quotes 
I've always played sport. I played rugby, I was involved in athletics, I played cricket... I'm an outdoors kind of guy.

I'm not someone who has a lengthy attention span, and that applies to my exercise routine as well.

I was always realistic about the fact I wanted to be involved with big films.

I was a bit of a show-off in school and loved playing dress-up, and my passion for it just grew as I got older.

I started coming to L.A. as often as I could, for three months on and three months off, because immigration kicks you out after 90 days.

When you're working with people you've seen in hundreds of films... it's a bit crazy to step outside yourself for a minute and think, 'This is surreal.' But I try not to get too bogged down in that.

I was too young to be an avid enthusiast for the franchise, but like billions of people I remember as a child sitting around with the family on a Friday night with pizza and popcorn and a 'Die Hard' movie on.

I don't know if I'm an action star or if that's just how things are shaping up. I would hate to be boxed into that forever, but it's probably just a strength as far as my type goes, and I'm fine with that.

My mum is a school teacher and my dad is an electrician.
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................


birthdays_OFFmag