Brett Anderson

. 29 September_
Brett Anderson
(48th anniversary)
29 September 1967 
Haywards Heath, Reino Unido 
5' 11¾" (1,82 m)

He is an English singer-songwriter, best known as the lead vocalist of the band Suede. After Suede disbanded in 2003, he briefly fronted The Tears, and has released four solo albums. Suede reformed in 2010.



In Suede's early days, Anderson's androgynous style and unique, wide ranging vocals were an instant phenomenon in the UK.

Brett Anderson was born on September 29, 1967 in Haywards Heath, Sussex, England as Brett Lewis Anderson.










Trivia 
Founded music band Suede in 1989 with Mat Osman and his then girlfriend Justine Frischmann. The band broke up in 2003 so he founded a new band in 2004 called 'The Tears' with Bernard Butler (who actually had been in Suede but left in 1994).










Personal Quotes 
I would never do it just for the money, but would not have a problem with it if it was for the right reasons. Like if a member of Suede sent me a great piece of music, and I was inspired to write to it and felt we could make a great record. I'd do it if it didn't come across as sad, but that's a big if - I don't think bands can reform without it looking sad.

The part about being in a band that had become tiring and repetitive for me was having your life mapped out for you, and this childish need to belong to something which tells you what to do all the time. I wanted to develop beyond being an emotionally immature person who just gets up and writes songs. This solo record has made me shoulder virtually all the responsibility. (On recording a solo album)

They were the first band I loved. They're the most important band ever. They turned music on its head and reinvented what it was to be a performer. (On The Sex Pistols)

Because live music pays better than making records people are being rewarded for not being creative. Time spent in the studio creating new music is sacred to me. If you're rewarded for that less, that's not a good thing.

When there's something really cheesy in the mainstream like The X Factor it inspires something in the counter culture to oppose it. The interesting flipside is with people like Bat For Lashes - people making exciting left-field music. It's a reaction to the dross in the mainstream.

Bands reforming then doing new albums - it's very hard to do it well. I'm not sure anyone's done it. People want to hear the songs from the band's heyday. We've got a duty to the fans not to ruin the legacy.

I see bands we've influenced in terms of spirit. I was talking to Jamie from The Klaxons yesterday and he said he was a huge fan when Suede first started and we inspired him. I've heard the same from Kele from Bloc Party. It's lovely to have passed on that inspiration. That's what we got the Q Award for. I was inspired by the Sex Pistols and The Smiths when I was a kid. It's nice to be part of that chain. Pop music is a beautiful, powerful force and it needs to be kept in good hands.

I have no interest in writing about the Britpop years. I can't think of anything more tedious. It's so obvious. How many more idiots do you want talking about it?

I hate it when you see famous people complaining about their lot because it's in the nature of what they wanted in the first place. You can't accept the adoration, then complain about the intrusion. It's part of the pact you've entered. There is a sinister side which I've had experience of but you have to accept it if you excite people.

They didn't want us there but, as we were hip, they had to acknowledge us. It was a very spiteful, vitriolic performance, an expression of our hatred for the music industry. (On appearing at the Brit Awards in 1994)

It amused me to read we'd been styled. We developed junk shop chic 'cause we were on the dole.

I really enjoyed meeting Bowie (David Bowie) and we've kept in contact. We made him hip again. At the time, no one liked his new music. Our record went to No 1, then his knocked us off. (On appearing with David Bowie on the front of the NME in 1993)



...............................................................................................


...............................................................................................
(Gifs and photos: source_Tumblr) 
birthdays_OFFmag