Avril Lavigne

. 27 September_
Avril Lavigne
(31th anniversary)
27 September 1984 
Belleville, Ontario, Canada 
5' 1" (1,55 m)


 "Complicated" went to number #1 on Billboards Top 100 while also earning her 5 Grammy nominations, MTV music awards, MTV European music awards and many more.

Avril Lavigne was born in Belleville, Ontario, Canada on September 27, 1984, to Judith-Rosanne (Loshaw) and Jean-Claude Joseph Lavigne. She is of French-Canadian (father) and English, Scottish, and German (mother) descent. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Stephanie Koston









Spouse
Chad Kroeger (1 July 2013 - present) (separated)
Deryck Whibley (15 July 2006 - 16 November 2010) (divorced) 











Trade Mark 
Bitter lyrics

Thick black eyeliner

Pink streak

Pink and black color scheme

Girly punkish outfits

Often wears Converse shoes










Trivia
One of her songs, "Losing Grip", is about an ex-boyfriend.

Won the 'New Artist in a Video' award for her song 'Complicated' at the 2002 VMA.

Her father, Jean-Claude Joseph Lavigne, is a French national. Her mother, Judith-Rosanne "Judy" (Loshaw), has English, Scottish, and German ancestry. Avril and her siblings are both Canadian and French citizens from birth, as France applies the "right of blood". Avril applied for, and received, her French passport in February 2011. She has since spent a significant amount of time living in Paris and learning French.

Her first video, "Complicated", cost over $1 million.

Her younger sister, Michelle Lavigne, appeared in her "Sk8r Boi" video.

She has a younger sister, Michelle Lavigne, and an older brother, Matthew E. Levine.

Was orginally pursuing a career in country and folk music, but transitioned into "punk-rock" because of its more lucrative possbilities.

Received five Grammy nominations, including one for best new artist (2003).

Debut album "Let Go" is 6x platinum.

Dropped out of high school after the 11th grade when she secured a record deal.

Won three MTV Asia Awards for favorite female artist, favorite breakthrough artist & style (2003).

Has been nominated for six Juno Awards (2003).

Her CD, "Let Go", was the third best selling album of 2002.

Won four Juno Awards: Single of the Year ("Complicated"), Album of the Year ("Let Go"), New Artist of the Year and Pop Album of the Year.

Announced that her song 'Sk8er Boi' will be turned into a movie.

Her second album is titled "Under My Skin," which has gone 2x platinum.

Has a pizza named after her at a restaurant in her home town of Napanee, Ontario.

381,000 copies were sold of her second album "Under My Skin", making it her second #1 album. According to Nielsen SoundScan, it ended the #1 spot eight-week reign of Usher Raymond's "Confessions" album. "Under My Skin" is also #1 in the UK.

The song "Slipped Away" on her second album is about the death of her grandfather.

Wrote the song "Breakaway" which was sung by Kelly Clarkson.

Is the second child out of three in her family.

Nominated for three Grammys: Song Of The Year ("I'm With You"), Best Female Pop Vocal Performance ("I'm With You") & Best Female Rock Vocal Performance ("Losing Grip") (2004).

Taught herself the guitar at age 12.

Won Favorite Female Singer at the 18th Annual Kid's Choice Awards [April 2005].

2005: Won three Juno Awards; Fan Choice Award, Artist of the Year, and Pop Album of the Year ("Under My Skin").

Voted #1 in Teen People's Top Hottest 21 Under 21 List [April 30th - May 1st 2005].

She was kind enough to donate many items to Rocky Stone to be given to less fortunate kids as part of the Toy Mountain Campaign 2004.

Decided to perform in Dublin, Ireland, the same day her grandfather died. After receiving the news, she knew he would have wanted her to continue on. Although all but breaking down on stage, she continued to perform in his memory.

Became engaged to Sum 41 singer Deryck Whibley on June 25, 2005. They married on July 15, 2006 in an outdoor, non-denominational ceremony at a private estate in Montecito, California. She wore a Vera Wang gown and held a bouquet of white roses. Their first dance was "Iris", by Goo Goo Dolls. The pair split in September 2009 and Lavigne filed for divorce citing "irreconcilable differences" in October 2009.

Writes all of her own songs about her own personal experiences.

Named #36 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 Women of 2005 list.

The menu plate on her wedding reception read "Avril Whibley", implying that she has assumed husband Deryck Whibley's last name in her private life.

Favorite actor is Tobey Maguire and favorite actress is Sandra Bullock.

Owns over 100 pairs of Converse sneakers.

Ranked #15 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 Women of 2007 list.

Ranked #24 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 Women of 2008 list.

Voted #34 on the 2011 Maxim list "Hot 100 Women".

Ranked #74 in the 2011 FHM list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World".

Avril and her ex-boyfriend, Brody Jenner, were involved in a bloody brawl outside the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel on November 6, 2011.

After a six-month relationship, Avril got engaged to Chad Kroeger. The pair married in Cannes, France, following a ten-month-long engagement, on Canada Day 2013 (July 1st), paying homage to Lavigne's two nationalities.

Sister-in-law of Mike Kroeger.

On her "Bonez" tour in Australia and Asia. [April 2005]

Planning her upcoming marriage to Deryck Whibley. [October 2005]

She is a fan of rapper Eminem.

Ranked #44 on Maxim's "Hot 100" of 2014 list.

A little over two years after their marriage, she announced her separation from her husband, Chad Kroeger, on her Instagram page. [September 2nd, 2015].









Personal Quotes 
I liked being a minor because you can't get into trouble. Now I just have to try and behave myself.

I might look like a tough chick--and I am--but I'm also a hopeless romantic inside.

Why should I care what other people think of me? I am who I am. And who I wanna be.

I'd like to be a little more hard-rocking on my next album. But I hate the whole label thing.

People ask me if I regret wasting my last teen years on becoming a singer. You know something? I don't. Because singing is my life. When and if you want something so badly you'll see. I mean, I'm just so blessed to be doing what I love to do and to have been given this opportunity. I thank God because there are so many more talented people out there that will never even come close to getting a record deal.

To understand me, you have to meet me and be around me. And then only if I'm in a good mood--don't meet me in a bad mood.

My mom wouldn't let me sing "Strawberry Wine" because it had "wine" in it.

When I was two my mom said she knew I was going to be a singer. I've been performing ever since I was a young kid. So I've known I wanted to do this for awhile. I always knew in my heart that I'd be singing.

I'm just coming out and I'm going to clearly be myself--I write what I feel, I never worry what others think.

I can write a song a day.

My dream was always to hop up on stage in front of my fans every night and perform.

[about lip-synching] Actually, I know for a fact there are some young female artists who don't even sing on their own records and who don't sing live. And that is pathetic.

I like to be onstage. I like to write pop-rock songs. That's what everyone wants to hear from me, and that's when everyone goes ape-shit with the fist-pumping and all. But there are different sides to me. I enjoy sitting down to the piano and telling this in-depth story and writing an emotional ballad.

I wrote the inspirational song, "Fly," a couple of years ago for my foundation; it's about lifting people up, and telling them not to give up, no matter how hard things get.

You can't let obstacles get you down. You've got to keep positive and keep reaching up, which is, as you guys know, the slogan for [the Special Olympics].
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
(Gifs and photos: source_Tumblr) 
birthdays_OFFmag