Stephen Dorff

Stephen Dorff
*Stephen Dorff
(43 years)

29 July 1973 
Atlanta, Georgia, USA 
5' 7" (1.70 m)


His recent credits include Oliver Stone's World Trade Center (2006), Robert Ludlum's El factor Hades (2006), Calibre 45 (2006) with Milla Jovovich, Shadowboxer (2005) with Cuba Gooding Jr. and Helen Mirren, and the Disney thriller, La casa (Cold Creek Manor) (2003), with Dennis Quaid and Sharon Stone for director Mike Figgis.

He also starred in Scott Kalvert's street gang drama, Jóvenes salvajes (2002), for MGM and as the champion of bad cinema in the John Waters comedy, Cecil B. Demente (2000), co-starring Melanie Griffith.

He also co-starred with Susan Sarandon in HBO's Mi querido rehén (1999), based on Anne Tyler's novel about an unlikely romance between a young, fumbling bank robber and his hostage.

Additional credits include XIII - La conspiración (2008), Entropy (1999), Sangre y vino(1996) with Jack Nicholson, and opposite Harvey Keitel in Ajuste de cuentas (City of Industry) (1997). He starred as the fifth Beatle, Stuart Sutcliffe, in Iain Softley's Backbeat(1994), and as the notorious Candy Darling in Yo disparé a Andy Warhol (1996).

Chosen from over 2000 young men from around the world, he auditioned and won the coveted role of "PK" in John G. Avildsen's La fuerza de uno (1992) in 1992. For his performance, he was awarded the Male Star of Tomorrow Award from the National Association of Theater Owners. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Laurie/ Stephen's assistant


Trivia*
Collects vintage cameras.

Son of composer Steve Dorff.

Brother of musician Andrew Dorff.

Was considered for the part of Jack in Titanic (1997). Stephen was glad that he didn't play the part because he would have been always remembered for being that guy on the boat.

Is credited with providing the "ugh" on Lenny Kravitz' recording of "American Woman" (1999).

Was listed as a potential nominee on both the 2004 and 2006 Razzie Award nominating ballots. He was suggested in the Worst Supporting Actor category on the 2004 ballot for his role in the film La casa (Cold Creek Manor) (2003). And he was suggested again two years later in the Worst Supporting Actor category of the 2006 Razzie nominating ballot for his performance in the film Alone in the Dark (2005). He failed to receive either nomination.

According to director Iain Softley, as soon as he met Stephen Dorff, he knew that he would be perfect to portray Stuart Sutcliffe in Backbeat (1994).

Mother Nancy died of brain cancer in February 2008.

When not working, he often vacations in St-Tropez, France, over his birthday.

Attended the 2000 Cannes Film Festival in France. [May 2000]

West Hollywood, California [April 2004]

Vacationed and attended a variety of small celebrity events in St-Tropez, France. [August 2007]

Attended the The 32nd Annual Toronto International Film Festival in Canada. [September 2007]

Attended the 2002 Cannes Film Festival in France. [May 2002]

Attended the 67th Venice International Film Festival in Italy. [September 2010]

Vacationed in St-Tropez, France, also attending a Kanye West party. [July 2006]

In Hamburg, Germany, filming Backbeat (1994) alongside Sheryl Lee. [April 1993]

Vacationed in St. Tropez, France. [July 2004]

Somewhere (2010) preview and reception in Tokyo, Japan. [January 2011]

Has claustrophobia.

Has appeared in commercials for Blu E-cigs.


Personal Quotes*
I enjoy my lifestyle, living by the beach in Venice. I'm not afraid to admit I enjoy the money.

I like to make movies about characters. I like smaller films, that's what I love to do.

(2008, on Hollywood) I don't know how it works. There's been times when I've wondered, 'Why the fuck am I not getting that movie?' There's so much to this game like who's hot and all that. If you stay true and work with great directors, that's all I can hope for. Right now, I feel the most solid and my work is the best it's ever been. I feel fortunate.

(On Enemigos públicos (2009)) Public Enemies was a six-month shoot. I love Michael (Mann), but I don't know. We shot that movie for a long time, and when you see the movie, there's a lot of parts I like in it, but there are so many characters. I was like, "Where did it all go?" I didn't even know where Johnny's character was, and he was Dillinger. I loved the gun-battle scenes, I loved the look of the film, but I kind of lost my character in there, and I was, "Oh-kay, that was half a year" ... But I love Michael Mann. I was going through a tough time when he offered me that movie. I didn't think I could do the movie because I was losing my mom - she hadn't left me yet, but it was headed that way...

(2010) I pretty much lived movie to movie in my younger years because I loved spending money and I didn't really have a concept of "assets," but as I got a little older, I bought art. I got all these cool pictures - a Warhol painting, a Basquiat drawing, a little Keith Haring - every time I had a little extra money. But for a while there, I was just living movie to movie. "Oh, I need a job? All right, what's out there? Okay, I'll take that one."

(2010) I do credit my mom and my dad that even in my more rebellious years, I didn't cross the line. There was never an E! True Hollywood Story about me, I never got arrested. Yeah, I partied, and went a little crazy with the girls and had my drinking days, but I never got addicted to hard-core drugs, and I really do believe it's because I was lucky enough to have a family that really guarded me in a city like this.

(2011) When I lost my mom, my whole life changed. It changed the way I thought about everything, about how I woke up every morning.

My dad is Jewish so I was kinda brought up half-Jewish.

 birthdays_OFFmag