Julianne Hough (info)

. info _ 
Julianne Hough
Julianne Alexandra Hough was raised in Salt Lake City, the youngest of 5 children. She is the daughter of Mari Anne (Heaton) and Bruce Robert Hough, twice chairman of the Utah Republican Party. Her parents met in college when both were part of a ballroom dancing team. Her parents divorced, and she has 9 stepsiblings from their second marriages.

Her mother was instrumental in her career in entertainment, enrolling her and her siblings in various performance classes from a very young age. She began her training in Latin ballroom dancing at the Center Stage Performing Arts Studio in Orem, Utah. At age 10, along with her brother Derek Hough, she went to London to study with coaches Corky and Shirley Ballas. She and Derek attended the Italia Conti Academy with the Ballas's son, Mark Ballas. The three children performed as a pop music trio '2B1G' (2 Boys, 1 Girl) at dance competitions in the United Kingdom and the United States. At age 15, Julianne became Junior World Latin Champion and International Latin Youth Champion at the Blackpool Dance Festival.

During this time in London, her parents divorced. She returned to the United States to live with her mother in Las Vegas, where she attended the Las Vegas Academy. After a year, she moved back to Utah to live with her father and graduated from Alta High School. She then moved to Los Angeles to begin a career in entertainment. Julianne quickly landed her first job as a dancer on ABC game show Show Me the Money (2006). She then went on tour as a company dancer with "Dancing with the Stars" and joined the cast of Dancing with the Stars (2005) in season 4.

Julianne is also known as a country singer. She released her debut album in 2008, debuting at #1 on the Billboard Country Album chart and at #3 on the Billboard 200. Her first acting role was in Harry Potter y la piedra filosofal (2001) at age 13. She has appeared in her first lead role in the remake of Footloose 2011 (2011). Julianne is also actively involved in charities and humanitarian efforts--including Susan G. Komen Foundation, Clothes Off Our Back, and St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital--and serves on the American Red Cross National Celebrity Cabinet. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Paula Plantier












Trivia
Julianne is the fifth and youngest child of her parents' marriage. Her siblings, starting with the eldest, are: sisters Sharee Hough, Mara Beth Hough and Katherine Hough; brother Derek Hough, who appeared with her on Dancing with the Stars (2005). (They also have 9 stepsiblings from their parents' second marriages.) All have been active in theater arts since early childhood, inspired by their mother's enrolling them in numerous performing courses; they billed themselves as "The Blond Osmonds".

Her last name is pronounced "Huff".

Ranked #30 on Maxim magazine's Hot 100 Women of 2008 list.

Had surgery to remove her appendix on October 28, 2008.

Country music singer and professional dancer.

Ex-girlfriend of actor Kevin Connolly and singer Chuck Wicks [2008-2009]. At age 18, she was engaged to Zack Wilson in 2006.

Has 15 nieces and nephews - Paris, Willow, Skye, Star, Bronson, Max, Griffin, Evelyn, Hayden, Tyler, Latelyn, AR and Quaid Wise (from sister Sharee Hough), Aidan Poole (from sister Mara Beth Hough), Ariana Phillips (from sister Katherine Hough).

One of her idols is Dolly Parton.

Julianne was head girl at the Italia Conti Academy.

Niece of John Hough and Tina Hough, owners of the Roosevelt Hotel in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

Girlfriend of Ryan Seacrest [June 2010 - March 2013].

Cousin of Lorien Hough-Cord. Second cousin of Ross Lynch, Riker Lynch, Rocky Lynch, Ryland Lynch and Rydel Lynch; their maternal grandmothers are sisters.

Daughter of Marriann Nelson and Bruce Robert Hough.

She has English, Dutch, French-Canadian, German, Swiss-German, Scots-Irish, Scottish, Danish, Swedish, and French ancestry.

Eliminated on Dancing with the Stars (2005) with Adam Carolla. [March 2008]

She and partner Helio Castroneves were crowned the winners of Dancing with the Stars(2005) Season 5. [November 2007]

She and partner Apolo Ohno were crowned the winners of Dancing with the Stars (2005) Season 4. [May 2007]

Signed a record deal with Universal Music Group and was expected to release a country single in early 2008. [December 2007]

Was in fourth place on Dancing with the Stars (2005) with Cody Linley. [November 2008]

Very good friends with Crónicas vampíricas (2009) actress Nina Dobrev.

Engaged to NHL pro Brooks Laich [August 2015].

Engaged to Washington Capitals center, Brooks Laich [August 18, 2015].













Personal Quotes
I suck at [being guarded]. I'm an open book. I have no filter. And sometimes that's a bad thing. But at least you know it's honest.

I think it's important to be happy before you can make anybody else happy.

Adrenaline is the reason I do what I do.

I had a hard time with bullying. I ate lunch in the bathroom.

I try to bring my mascara everywhere because I'm a blonde and you know blondes have really light eyelashes, you always wanna put more and more on 'til they look like spiders, that's just what I do.

I think every girl needs to love herself, regardless of anything. Like if you're having a bad day, if you don't like your hair, if you don't have the best family situation, whatever, you have to love yourself and you can't do anything until you love yourself first.

It's the oddest match: Mary J. Blige and Julianne Hough! But we became so close.

I've always wanted to sing country music.

There was a time when my mom would sew costumes for the dance studio so we could keep doing our classes because we couldn't afford them.

Sometimes, if I have a big enough purse, I'll bring my perfume or something. Right now, I really like Beaute, it's by Johan B. and it's really nice, so I like that.

I'm very blessed and I don't take anything for granted.

I've always had God, but now I want to go back to church for the sense of community and that feeling of positive thinking, a place where I can think about being a better person.

I'm so lucky that I have a great relationship.

I'm just taking it one day at a time. Actually, that's a total lie. I always think about what's in front of me.

I've grown up with country music. I love how real everybody is, not just the artists, but the fans.

There is something so rewarding about dancing. It's almost spiritual - you let loose, you feel free, you get endorphins from the exercise.

A lot of people don't know this, but when Dancing with the Stars (2005) first asked me to be on the show, I said no, because I wanted to act and to be taken seriously.

I think at the end of the day you have to find a balance with what's really important.

Acting is like free therapy! Trying to make people laugh or cry can be inspiring.

I definitely listened to country music. I don't think I listened to hair bands as much as I did Bruce Springsteen and U2 and Aerosmith.

You have to remember where you came from, and I definitely have enough brothers and sisters to kick me in the butt whenever I get out of line!

I cannot go to sleep without reading.

Dancing and acting satisfy me in different ways.

I'd get invited to parties, and instead it would be these abandoned houses.

But trust me, if I lived in the '80s, I would definitely be the one going to the record stores.

I think if you alienate people and just focus on your work then it just becomes lonely and it's not fun anymore.

If I had been living through the '80s, I probably would've gotten into a lot more trouble than my parents.

I've experienced a lot for someone my age that a lot of people will be able to relate to.

I'm a chatterbox.

My first dance ever on Dancing with the Stars (2005) was to "Let's Hear it for the Boy".

I've always wanted to be like the Hollywood Golden Age actors.

Okay, I'll say I would go back in time and bring scientists with me and create a hairspray that would not cause global warming. But it would still give us '80s hair.

Well, I was in the generation of CDs, so when I moved to L.A., I think I probably brought my Shania Twain "Come on Over" CD and that's about it.

Well, what I love about '80s rock music is the amazing, fantastic melodies.

My go-to prebikini flat-ab move is the plank, all different types.

I totally think there was a country hair phase. If you look at all the mullets, and Dolly Parton, and Reba McEntire's hair, Tim McGraw's hair, Blake Shelton's hair, they definitely had their moments.

It's very cool to be able to say that my first real film was Footloose 2011 (2011) and in my second film, I got to star alongside Tom Cruise and Catherine Zeta-Jones.

I'm real, and that what you see is what you get with me. I want people to know that I'm just Julianne. I'm not somebody that needs to be put up on a pedestal.

I knew if I stayed in London, my whole life would be dancing. I'd won almost every major title you can. I thought "This really isn't my passion. I really want to sing," and I knew I wouldn't be able to if I stayed there.
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................


birthdays_OFFmag