Isabel Lucas (info)

Isabel Lucas (info)
Isabel Lucas
was born in Melbourne, Australia. Her father is Australian and her mother is Swiss. When she was age 6, her family moved to Switzerland for a year. They moved back to Melbourne for a while before moving to a very small mining town in the Northern Territory (population 1,000). Along with her sister, she attended the Jabiru Area School, which included both white and Aboriginal children.

Isabel was always involved in drama during her time at school. She went on to study drama at the Victorian College of Arts and Queensland University of Technology. She never auditioned for roles until she was discovered by her agent in 2002. She auditioned for the part of Kit Hunter on Home and Away (1988). They felt she wasn't right for the part but were sufficiently impressed and created a new role for her, Tasha. She spent 3 years playing her first television role and won a Logie Award (for new popular talent) for her performance.

In 2008, she moved to Los Angeles. Her breakthrough role came in Transformers: La venganza de los caídos (2009). - IMDb Mini Biography By: Kad





Trade Mark
Soft spoken voice

Shy personality





Trivia
Is of Swiss origin on her mother's side. She speaks Swiss German and German in addition to her native English.
Received the Australian TV Week Logie Award for Best New Talent (April 18, 2004) and a Young Hollywood Award (Star of Tomorrow) in 2011.

Is a big animal lover. She has lots of animals on her family's acreage in North Queensland, including birds, guinea pigs, horses, dogs and cats.

Along with other protesters (including Héroes (2006) star Hayden Panettiere), she paddled out on surfboards to a pod of dolphins off the coast of Japan to protest the killing of dolphins on Thursday 1st of November 2007.

Was involved in a car crash with Shia LaBeouf in July 2008. Lucas escaped with only scratches and bruises but LeBeouf was left with a crushed hand needing extensive surgery. LeBeouf's car had been hit by another vehicle traveling at 70mph and running a red light.

Isabel is passionate about her acting. She attended pro workshop acting classes at Screenwise Film & TV School for actors in Sydney and The Victorian College of The Arts in Melbourne, Australia, before taking her career to the States.

Ranked #84 in the 2011 FHM (Australia) list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World".

She has been a keen horse rider from the age of 10 and has competed in dressage and show jumping.

Isabel is an Ambassador for World Vision, helping to raise awareness of the plight of children in developing countries. Isabel is also a sponsor for a 10-year-old girl from Zambia and her parents sponsor children from Africa, Latin America and Asia.




Personal Quotes
Acting kind of chose me.
I find it tricky to make plans.

I've always been quiet, more of an observer.

I don't think it's unusual to spend time with your castmate.

I don't really get nervous for auditions, because I just see them as mini acting classes. There's no need to have an attachment to the outcome because it's out of your hands after that.

I was a barefoot earth child for a couple of years.

People instantly assume you can't have a platonic friendship with someone of the opposite sex. I think this may be specific to L.A. - or America.

There's no point in dwelling on rejection.

I go by intuition. Work-wise, that means asking myself if a role will push me outside my comfort zone, challenge me to learn something new.

My best friend was Aboriginal.

I'm really drawn to European films.

Mom worked with autistic children.

I like to keep mobile. It keeps my mind awake.

My dad is a pilot so I think I was born with the travel bug.

I just said yes to opportunities that came my way.

My first audition was the worst I have ever done, ever.

birthdays_OFFmag