Emma Roberts (info)

Emma Roberts (info)

Emma Roberts
is the daughter of Oscar-nominated actor Eric Roberts, and the niece of Oscar-winner Julia Roberts. She was born in Rhinebeck, New York. Emma was a baby when her parents separated, and she grew up living with her mother, Kelly Cunningham. She was educated at Archer School for Girls in Los Angeles, California.

As a child she spent some time on the sets of movies with her aunt Julia. This helped Emma decide that she wanted to follow a career in acting. Her first movie role came in Blow (2001), where she played the daughter of Johnny Depp's character. Various small parts followed, until she was cast in the lead role of Addie Singer in Nickelodeon's "Unfabulous" (2004). Her performance lead to many award nominations as well as a foray into the music industry, including the release of an album, "Unfabulous and More".

More roles followed in various projects, including the eponymous heroine in Nancy Drew(2007), Hotel para perros (2009), 4.3.2.1. (2010) and Scream 4 (2011). In 2011, Emma began attending Sarah Lawrence College in New York, studying English Literature. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Anonymous





Trivia
Niece of Lisa Roberts Gillian and Julia Roberts.
Younger stepsister of Morgan Simons and Keaton Simons.

Daughter of Eric Roberts and Kelly Cunningham.

Step-daughter of Eliza Roberts.

Has a younger half-sister, Grace Nickels (born January 2001).

She and Caleigh Peters, who also debuted with a single on the Soñando, soñando... triunfé patinando (2005) soundtrack, both attended the Archer School for Girls in Los Angeles. Alex McKenna also attended the school.

On her father Eric Roberts's side, she has Irish, English, Scottish, German, Swedish, and Welsh, ancestry.

One of Emma's idols is singer/actress Joanna 'JoJo' Levesque, with whom she starred in Aquamarine (2006).

Cousin of Phinnaeus Moder (aka Phinnaeus Walter Moder, born November 2004), Hazel Moder (aka Hazel Patricia Moder, born November 2004), and Henry Daniel Moder (born June 2007).

Spokesperson for the second annual National "Drop Everything and Read" Day (or D.E.A.R. Day) on Thursday, April 12, 2007.

Her favorite books include "Elsewhere" by Gabrielle Zevin and the "A-List" novels.

Good friends with actor Devon Werkheiser and Jamie Lynn Spears.

Is an Abercrombie model.

Her favorite actor is Rupert Grint.

Cites Anne Hathaway as her role model.

She loves to play volleyball and swim.

She likes to collect purses and has a huge collection.

She admires Drew Barrymore and Rachel McAdams as her inspirations.

Is good friends of Aly Michalka, AJ Michalka, and Miranda Cosgrove.

Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen are her fashion icons.

Her parents separated when she was seven months old.

Ranked #78 on Maxim magazine's Hot 100 Women of 2010 list.

Ex-boyfriend is Alex Pettyfer.

Named as Women of GQ.

Her first music video was for her song Dummy.

Plays guitar like her Una chica corriente (2004) character, "Addie Singer".

Has a phobia of flying.

Finishing her 7th grade year at the Archer School for Girls, Brentwood, California. [May 2004]

Finishing her 8th grade year at Archer School for girls, Brentwood, California. [January 2005]

Engaged to American Horror Story (2011) co-star Evan Peters.

Was offered the role of Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad (2016), but turned it down to star in Scream Queens.

Favorite horror films are Halloween (1978) and The Ring (2002).





Personal Quotes
I was so young, I didn't understand that I was working with one of the best actors, ever, until later [on working with Johnny Depp in Blow (2001)].
My most prized possession, though, is an autographed picture of Rupert Grint, who plays "Ron Weasley" in the "Harry Potter" films.

I think there are a lot of people out there who say the really low blow of "She's just in the business because of her family". I do it because I love to do it. There have been a lot of parts I've been up for that I haven't gotten. I don't get everything handed to me like some people think. I mean, people say, "Oh, do you feel like you're living in Julia's shadow?" I don't at all, because I'm not trying to be her. I'm just being myself and doing what I want to do. I'm having a lot of fun, and I feel like I am making a name for myself, as well -- on being treated differently for being related to Julia Roberts.

I've Netflixed all of the Gwyneth Paltrow movies. I'm a huge fan of hers. She's kind of my idol at the moment. I really like Kirsten Dunst. She did a lot of cool, fun teen movies, and she's also done some serious roles. I like her style, and I think she seems pretty interesting -- on actors that inspire her.

I want to do something in fashion that wouldn't be cheesy. I wouldn't do, like, Emma Roberts for Target.

(on accusations of nepotism) A lot of people think that and they talk about nepotism which I think is so ridiculous considering it's obviously not true, because I've auditioned for so many things and never gotten the part. Also it's like, you know, maybe someone can get you one part but they can't really get you ten parts.


birthdays_OFFmag