Drew Barrymore (info)

Drew Barrymore
Since melting audiences' hearts - at the age of six - in Steven Spielberg's beloved sci-fi blockbuster, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982), Drew Barrymore has emerged as one of the most endearing and talented actresses of her generation.

Drew Blyth Barrymore was born in Culver City, California, to actors John Drew Barrymoreand Jaid Barrymore (née Ildiko Jaid Mako). Her father came from a long showbusiness legacy, as the son of actors John Barrymore and Dolores Costello, while her mother was the daughter of Hungarian immigrants. Despite a troubled and much-publicized adolescence, and a string of "bad girl" parts in lurid crime dramas such as Hiedra venenosa (1992), Barrymore's star was officially on the rise during the mid-1990s, with notable appearances in Sólo ellas... los chicos a un lado (1995), Woody Allen's Todos dicen I Love You (1996), and the game-changing horror hit Scream: Vigila quién llama(1996).


Since melting audiences' hearts - at the age of six - in Steven Spielberg's beloved sci-fi blockbuster, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982), Drew Barrymore has emerged as one of the most endearing and talented actresses of her generation…


An eclectic mix of high-profile and low-key film projects followed - such as El chico ideal(1998), Por siempre jamás (1998), Nunca me han besado (1999), Los ángeles de Charlie(2000), Donnie Darko (2001), Los chicos de mi vida (2001), and Confesiones de una mente peligrosa (2002) - proving to once-cynical audiences that Barrymore was not only a capable leading lady, but also a gifted and versatile actor.

Next came headlining parts in Duplex (2003), 50 primeras citas (2004), Amor en juego(2005), Tú la letra, yo la música (2007), Lucky You (2007), Qué les pasa a los hombres(2009), and the much-lauded Grey Gardens (2009), for which she earned Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards for her portrayal of Edith Bouvier Beale.

In 2009, Barrymore - whose production company, Flower Films, has spawned several lucrative features - made her long-awaited directional debut with the comedy-drama Roller Girls (2009), emerging as "a sensitive director who knows how and when to let an emotional moment linger on the screen" (TIME).

Alongside a recurring guest spot - as the voice of Jillian - on the cult animated series Padre de familia (1999), recent acting roles have included Todos están bien (2009), Salvando las distancias (2010), Una aventura extraordinaria (2012), Juntos y revueltos(2014), and Miss You Already (2015). - IMDb Mini Biography By: Nate












Spouse 
Will Kopelman (2 June 2012 - present) (2 children) 
Tom Green (7 July 2001 - 15 October 2002) (divorced) 
Jeremy Thomas (20 March 1994 - 18 February 1995) (divorced) 













Trade Mark 
Lisp sweet voice













Trivia
She was, at seven years old, the youngest person ever to host. She was the Guest Host for Saturday Night Live (1975) when viewers voted that Andy Kaufman would never be allowed to return to the show.

Never finished high school.

Originally offered the lead role in Scream: Vigila quién llama (1996) but chose to play Casey Becker because she thought it would be more fun.

Was engaged to Jamie Walters for a brief period of time.

Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.

Daughter of John Drew Barrymore and Jaid Barrymore. Half-sister of Jessica, Blyth Dolores and John Blyth Barrymore. Niece of actress Diana Barrymore. Granddaughter of actor John Barrymore and Dolores Costello, on her father's side. Great-granddaughter of silent film actor Maurice Costello and Mae Costello. Great-niece of famed actors, Ethel Barrymore and Lionel Barrymore.

Her father had English, Irish, and German ancestry, and her mother is of Hungarian descent.

Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1984" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 36.

Steven Spielberg gave her a quilt for her birthday with a note "Cover yourself up". Enclosed was a copy of the January 1995 issue of Playboy Magazine for which she posed nude, with the pictures altered by Spielberg's art department so that she appeared fully clothed.

Her favorite poet is e.e. cummings.

Her godmothers are Sophia Loren and Anna Strasberg.

As a child, she auditioned for the role of Carol Ann in Poltergeist (1982).

She was formerly a vegan: "I don't eat a ton of meat, and I don't wear a ton of leather, but I just don't put strict limitations on myself anymore".

Was offered the leading part of Nomi Malone in Showgirls (1995), but turned it down because she felt uncomfortable with the explicit nudity displayed in the script.

Her $3-million Beverly Hills mansion caught fire while she and fiance Tom Green were inside sleeping. The couple made it safely out, but the house was ruined. [February 2001]

Born on Saturday at 11:51 AM.

During an appearance on The Rosie O'Donnell Show (1996), she said that she never watches any of the movies she stars in.

In 1990, at the time completing her autobiographic book titled "Little Girl Lost" she was 14.

Began a relationship with Tom Green in February 2000, before getting engaged to him in July 2000. They married on 7 July 2001, but separated in December 2001 after just five months of marriage. Their divorce was finalized in October 2002.

Married Tom Green twice: first eloping to the South Pacific in March 2001, then on July 7, 2001 before family and friends in a ceremony in Malibu, California. She and Tom Greenthen honeymooned in Ireland.

Ranked #61 in Premiere's 2002 annual Power 100 List.

In honour of Bill Clinton turning 50, John Kennedy Jr. had Drew pose as Marilyn Monroeon the cover of his magazine, "George", with the heading, "Happy Birthday, Mr. President", which Marilyn Monroe sang to his father at the now-infamous 19 May 1962 Birthday Salute to President John F. Kennedy. (September 1996).

3 February 2004: Got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, joining her famous relatives Ethel Barrymore, John Barrymore and Lionel Barrymore as recipients of that honour.

Was in a long-term relationship with The Strokes drummer, Fabrizio Moretti (June 2002-December 2006).

Godmother of the late Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love's daughter, Frances Bean.

Referenced by name in the Invertigo song "Typical".

One of her hobbies is photography.

She is allergic to garlic, bee stings, perfume and coffee.

Lived with David Crosby and his wife for over a year.

Became a Boston Red Sox fan during the filming of the movie Amor en juego (2005).

Her first of two impulsive marriages was to Welsh-born Jeremy Thomas, who was a Los Angeles barkeep. They had known each other only six weeks before they married, which was decided within hours one night. The impromptu setting was at Thomas' bar, "The Room," on Cahuenga Boulevard, shortly after 5:00 a.m, on March 20, 1994. Supposedly both were sober. The minister was a clairvoyant from a psychic hot line who arrived within a half an hour after being paged.

She was delivered by Dr. Paul Fleiss, father of Heidi Fleiss.

Best friends with Cameron Diaz since Los ángeles de Charlie (2000). Both Cameron and Drew are huge fans of the rock group Ratt.

Drives a Porsche Carrera.

Currently (2005) lives part time in Hollywood Hills, and part time in Manhattan, New York.

When she found out that a 23-year-old girl wanted to be on MTV's I Want a Famous Face(2004) and have cosmetic surgery to look like her, she contacted the girl and successfully convinced her to not have the surgery.

Ranked #5 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars".

Personal assistant is Kelly Kall.

Was ranked #3 in E's 50 cutest child stars all grown-up. (2005).

Her godfather Steven Spielberg is also the godfather of Gwyneth Paltrow.

Is a huge fan of The Beach Boys and appeared in their music video, "Rock and Roll to the Rescue" as well as singing "Wouldn't It Be Nice" in the film 50 primeras citas (2004). Other favorite musicians include: The Beatles, Daft Punk, Lauryn Hill, Coldplay, Ratt and Beck.

Was named as an Ambassador Against Hunger for the United Nations World Food Program.

On October 10, 2009, she became the most frequent reoccurring female host of Saturday Night Live (1975), to date, hosting for her 6th time.

Great-granddaughter of Maurice Barrymore and Georgiana Barrymore. Great-great granddaughter of Louisa Drew. Great-grandniece of Sidney Drew. Grandniece of S. Rankin Drew, Ethel Colt, John Drew Colt, and Samuel Colt.

Close friend of Nancy Juvonen. She and Nancy have a production company together called Flower Films.

Ranked #40 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.

Referenced by name in the movie Monkeyshine (2008).

EdenPark, a punk band from York, Pennsylvania, recorded a song called "Barry Loves Drew Barrymore" on their limited edition, 2002 vinyl release, "Journey to the Center of Skull Mountain".

Was in a relationship with Justin Long twice. Their first relationship lasted from August 2007 until July 2008, and then in June 2009 they reconciled following a trip to Disneyland. They began living together in August 2009 but later broke up in November 2009.

Referenced in the Tim Sandlin book "Jimi Hendrix Turns Eighty" as the future governor of California.

Auditioned for the role of Satine in Moulin Rouge (2001). However, Nicole Kidman, who went on to receive a Best Actress Oscar nomination for her performance, was cast instead.

Was in consideration for the role of Brandon Teena in Boys Don't Cry (1999). However, Hilary Swank, who went on to win the Best Actress Oscar for her performance, was cast instead.

Was in consideration for the role of Sandra Dee in Beyond the Sea (2004), but Kate Bosworth was cast instead.

Former sister-in-law of Jacqueline Barrymore and Rebecca Pogrow.

During a 1995 appearance on Late Show with David Letterman (1993), Barrymore shocked the normally unflappable host by climbing onto his desk and flashing him (but with her back to the camera) for his birthday.

Was in consideration for the role of Joyce Lakeland in El demonio bajo la piel (2010), but Jessica Alba was cast instead.

Was named "Stonette of the Year" by High Times magazine in 2010 (for her performance in Salvando las distancias (2010)).

Has starred alongside Adam Sandler in three movies: El chico ideal (1998), 50 primeras citas (2004) and Juntos y revueltos (2014).

Aunt of John Blyth Barrymore IV, Sabrina Brooke and Blyth Lane Barrymore.

Gave birth to her 1st child at age 37, a daughter Olive Barrymore Kopelman on September 26, 2012. Child's father is her 3rd husband, Will Kopelman.

Ex-daughter-in-law of Mary Jane Green and Richard Green.

Auditioned for Escuela de jóvenes asesinos (1988), Gran bola de fuego (1989), Cry-Baby (El lágrima) (1990), Eduardo Manostijeras (1990), Bram Stoker's Drácula de Bram Stoker(1992) and El cabo del miedo (1991). Four roles were lost to Winona Ryder.

Was set to play the lead in Gregg Araki's "Frigid & Impotent" (1996). This project never happened.

Received her first kiss from Breckin Meyer, when they were both in grade school (she was 10 and he was 11).

On North American tour (Boston, Detroit, Toronto, Chicago) promoting Roller Girls (2009) (her directorial debut). [September 2009]

Confirmed her engagement to art consultant Will Kopelman, whom she has been in a relationship with since February 2011, after he proposed to her with a colorless 4-carat diamond engagement ring on vacation in Sun Valley, Idaho (5 January 2012).

(June 2, 2012) Married for the 3rd time her boyfriend of 16 months Will Kopelmanfollowing a 5-month-long engagement. Among the guests were Steven Spielberg, Reese Witherspoon, Naomi Pomeroy and Busy Philipps. Best friend Cameron Diaz served as maid of honor. The reception was catered by Vinny Dotolo and Jon Shook. Wedding planner was Yifat Oren.

Returned to work 8 months after giving birth to her daughter Olive to begin filming Juntos y revueltos (2014).

Gave birth to her 2nd child at age 39, a daughter Frankie Barrymore Kopelman on April 22, 2014. Child's father is her 3rd husband, Will Kopelman.

Was 2 months pregnant with her daughter Frankie when she completed filming Juntos y revueltos (2014).

Sister-in-law of Antonio Gioffredi (Dolores' husband). Aunt of Gabriella and Nicole Gioffredi.

Her roommate at age 13 in Los Angeles was actress Ele Keats.

Both her Grandfather John Barrymore and Great Grandfather Maurice Costello have played the role of Sherlock Holmes, with Maurice being the first recorded actor to do so.

Returned to work 5 months after giving birth to her daughter Frankie to begin filming Miss You Already (2015).

Named after her great-grandparents, Georgiana Emma Drew and Maurice Barrymore (whose actual name was Herbert Arthur Chamberlayne Blythe), both were American stage actors.













Personal Quotes
I know certain actors are totally screwed up on drugs, yet it gets covered up. Why wasn't I excused for 'exhaustion' or 'the flu'?

There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

If I ever start talking to you about my 'craft', my 'instrument', you have permission to shoot me.

I believe in fate. I believe that everything happens for a reason, but I think it's important to seek out that reason - that's how you learn.

I believe you can be the person that you dream of being.

[on her favorite movies to make]: I try to make movies that I would want to go see rather than ones I would just want to do as an actor. I want people to have movies full of romance and hope and empowerment, something they can escape into and feel good about. I love happy endings.

[on her morning routine]: Every morning I stay in bed for ten minutes to ponder my place in the universe. Then I wash my face and check my karma.

Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.

I love levity. As crazy as I am, I just love to laugh!

I'm getting older so those dark circles are really starting to show. Now, I'm starting to look like Night of the Living Dead.

When I lay my head on the pillow at night, I can say "I was a decent person today". That's when I feel beautiful.

There's nothing like the power of a smile.

[As quoted in Woman's World (5-24-05 issue]: I'd rather be a few pounds heavier and enjoy life than be worried all the time.

I don't want to sit around and hope good things happen. I want to make them happen.

[Quoted in Woman's Day, 11-1-05]: My whole life, I've wanted to feel comfortable in my skin. It's the most liberating thing in the world.

My parents are not bad people. It was just a case of them not wanting a child.

You have to fight unhappiness like a dragon with fire and breathe.

As much light as I have inside me, there's just as much darkness, I'm afraid. There's a polarity, and I still have demons to work out.

"I love women who have fought to the change the world and made a difference. I want to be one of them myself".

I did karaoke once - a Pat Benatar song - and my friends looked at me with disgust (In Style/Sept/2006).

I just think happiness is what makes you pretty. Period. Happy people are beautiful. They become like a mirror and they reflect that happiness. If somebody walks in the room and they're drop-dead gorgeous and sexy, it's really fun to look at. But if someone is giving of their spirit and they make you laugh and feel good, that's a whole other level of beauty.

[on her attraction to Christian Bale] He's so cute! And I knew him when he was a kid. He was in El imperio del sol (1987). If he walked into the room now, I would totally clam up. Or I might go overboard and embarrass myself.

On California's Proposition 8 (the ballot banning same-sex marriage): We can't take a step backwards when we've already made so many strides forward. I was raised by gay men and women...it's who I am, you cannot define a family. There are children out there who need these loving homes. These are rights that are fundamental and must be had. And I will fight for however long it takes; I don't want to live in a world where prop 8 exists!

[on gay marriage]: You can't define love and you can't define a family. It comes in so many radical colors. And children need loving homes and people want to adopt who are gay! Why would we ever try to stand in their way? It's unfathomable.

[When asked about gay rights] A lot of the people that I grew up around had a freedom of their sexual orientation and I just think that civil liberties are the key to life, so obviously I'm a huge supporter of that.

[on kissing Ellen Page]: We do that all the time, we're friends. People can take from it what they want. We're just girls being silly and having fun, girls are affectionate with each other. We don't have that hang up of what it's gonna look like or what people are gonna think. I think it's hysterical.

[on her divorce from Tom Green]: Yes, it's true we have decided to part. I love Tom very much. He has always been a great friend and that won't change.

California has, like, half the swimming pools in the whole USA. After you're successful you can't not have a pool. Here, a house without a pool is like a neck with no diamond necklace.

I love hugging. I wish I was an octopus so I could hug ten people at a time.

Happiness is the best makeup in the world. There's nothing you can put on your face that comes from a tube that's going to be as amazing as a smile.

I wish I were that all-home-grown-food perfect woman, but I'm not. I'm the mom with the kitchen on fire and food on our faces.

Be the best version of yourself, and smile and laugh while you're doing it.

[on the best advice Steven Spielberg ever gave her, and how she doesn't feel she is a good actor] Steven told me, 'Don't act your characters. Be your characters.' I feel like it's fake and yucky and it just doesn't ring true. But like Robert said, if you research and you study and make it personal, you just become that person, and it's your truth and everything else around you falls away. Then you're telling the truth, it's not lying, it's not fake. So he gave me that wisdom because at 6, I guess I was comfortable and more humorous than I would have remembered now. But once I got older and kept continuing acting, I don't know if I would have succeeded without that advice, because it's the thing that saved me. I'm not an actor, I'm a pretender.

[on what movie blew her mind] I think it changes every day. But today it's ¿Quién teme a Virginia Woolf? (1966) My jaw was on the floor when I was watching it because it was the definition of visceral. I thought it was the most compelling, upsetting, beautiful-to-look-at, in-your-face film, with no tricks whatsoever, except for beautiful camera work.

[on what films shaped her the most] Polyanna (1960), Capitanes intrépidos (1937), El corcel negro (1979), Zorras (1980), um, Excalibur (1981)? I was, like, obsessed with Camelot (1967) and Excalibur (1981) and Ana de los mil días (1969) - any double-VHS-giant double-Beta set of those films. I just loved the swashbuckling nature of them, I was obsessed. I loved watching men in cinema, and I liked watching young girls, whether it was a Jodie Foster in Zorras (1980) or a Hayley Mills in Polyanna (1960). It could be squeaky clean and it could be super like L.A. streets-gritty, but there was no barrier between. I liked older men and younger girls. That was what I responded to in film.

Do I like women sexually? Yeah, I do. Totally. I have always considered myself bisexual. I love a woman's body. I think a woman and a woman together are beautiful, just as a man and a woman together are beautiful. Being with a woman is like exploring your own body, but through someone else.

I don't know anybody who's road has been paved perfectly for them. There are no manuals. You don't know what life has in store for you.

Making bad decisions doesn't make you a bad person. It's how you learn to make better choices.













Salary 
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982) $75.000
Mad Love (1995) $1.500.000
Scream (1996) $500.000
EverAfter (1998) $3.000.000
Charlie's Angels (2000) $9.000.000
Donnie Darko (2001) $500.000
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002) $250.000 (scale)
Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003) $14.000.000
Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003) $14.000.000 + 12% of gross
Music and Lyrics (2007) $15.000.000
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................


birthdays_OFFmag