Dane DeHaan (info)

Dane DeHaan (info)

Dane DeHaan
has made a formidable impression on film and television audiences and is one of the industry's most sought after actors of his generation.

Dane is shooting Gore Verbinski's A Cure for Wellness and will soon begin production starring in Luc Besson's Valerian.

DeHaan has recently finished shooting the indie, Two Lovers and a Bear, directed by Kim Nguyen and starring opposite Tatiana Maslany.

Dane can soon be seen in Weinstein Co's Tulip Fever, directed by Justin Chadwick opposite Alicia Vikander, Christoph Waltz, Zach Galifianakis and Jack O'Connell.

DeHaan can also most recently be seen in the independent film Life, opposite Robert Pattinson and directed by photographer and film director Anton Corbijn. Based on a true story of James Dean (DeHaan).

DeHaan was also recently seen in Sony Pictures' The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in the role of Harry Osbourne opposite Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Jamie Foxx. Directed by Marc Webb, the action-adventure film was released on May 2, 2014 and has grossed $694 million worldwide to-date.

In 2013, DeHaan was nominated for a Gotham Award in the "Breakthrough actor" category and at the Hamptons International Film Festival in the "Breakthrough Performer" category for his leading role in Sony Picture Classics' critically acclaimed beat generation film Kill Your Darlings. Directed by John Krokidas, the film is loosely based on the life of poet Allen Ginsberg (Daniel Radcliffe).

In March 2013, DeHaan starred in the critically lauded Focus Features film The Place Beyond the Pines, directed by Derek Cianfrance (Blue Valentine) opposite Ryan Gosling, Eva Mendes and Bradley Cooper. DeHaan portrayed the character of Gosling's young son, Jason. The film was recognized by the National Board of Review as one of their top 10 films of 2013.

In 2012, Dane starred in The Weinstein Company's film Lawless, directed by John Hillcoat (The Road), opposite Shia LaBeouf, Tom Hardy, Jason Clark, Gary Oldman and Guy Pearce. The film, set in a depression-era, gritty Virginia, follows three brothers who are part of a bootlegging gang, illegally selling moonshine.

Also in 2012, DeHaan starred in 20th Century Fox's box office hit, Chronicle, which was released in February 2012.

DeHaan first came on the radar for his portrayal of Jesse on HBO's critically acclaimed drama series In Treatment, in which he starred in the third season of the series alongside Gabriel Byrne. His performance was praised as a "revelatory breakthrough" by Variety and "brilliant" by the Chicago Sun Times.

Other film and television credits include Lincoln, directed by Steven Spielberg, Devil's Knot, True Blood, Stormy Weather, Woodrow Wilson and Magnolia Pictures' Jack and Diane, directed by Bradley Rust Gray.

DeHaan began his film career under the direction of two-time Oscar Nominee John Sayles and opposite Chris Cooper in Amigo, released by Variance films in 2011.

A graduate of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts, Dane currently resides in New York City. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Alona Browner





Spouse
Anna Wood (30 June 2012 - present) 






Trade Mark
Often plays dark, disturbed characters





Trivia
Married actress Anna Wood in a private ceremony on 30 June 2012, in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. The two have been together since 2006.
His parents are Jeff DeHaan and Cynthia Boscia.

Has a sister named Meghann Carl.

Attended Emmaus High School.

Is a fan of golf.

Graduated high school from North Carolina School of the Arts with a concentration in acting along with Hannah Telle, and Mary-Louise Parker.

He has Dutch, German, Italian, English, and smaller amounts of Welsh and Northern Irish (Scots-Irish), ancestry. His surname is Dutch ("De Haan" or "de Haan" means "The Rooster" in Dutch).

Metallica preformed under his last name DeHaan in their Orion Festival, playing all of "Kill 'Em All", their first album. At the time of the show no one knew who 'Dehaan' was and as the word spread out, more and more people came to watch, not knowing the connection between Dane DeHaan and Metallica.

Shares two roles with James Franco. They have both played Harry Osborn in the Spider-Man series and tragic film star James Dean.





Personal Quotes
I've always said that if I could do anything in the world, I would be a professional golfer.
I always wanted to be an actor, but my top three favorite actors of all time are Al Pacino, James Dean and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

I love being directed. I always find it helpful to have someone else's brain in the mix and not just have to rely on myself.

I always thought James Dean was this acting nerd like I am. He was just born with the talent to act and this vivid imagination. But the way he went about getting there was actually kind of annoying.

I like to believe that most human beings go about things with a point of view that they're just doing what they feel like they need to do at that time. Sometimes people make bad decisions, but it's not evil.

Comic-book movies are where my childhood fantasies meet my adulthood acting fantasies. I really, truly started acting by playing superheroes in my backyard.

I'm really bad at lying. I'm one of the worst liars I know. But if I can convince myself to believe something's happening, I can do that.

[Interview with Larushka Ivan-Zadeh, 2014] 'Everybody asks me what it's like to kiss Daniel Radcliffe! That kiss has been sensationalized in a really strange way. I'm an actor. I make-believe what is happening in the movie is actually happening in real life. So it wasn't me kissing Daniel Radcliffe, it was Lucien Carr finally kissing Allen Ginsberg, the person he's been wanting to kiss since they met. And that's a beautiful moment.'

I love to golf but was never good enough to go pro. Golf is my meditation.

I guess I just let life happen and stick to my guns. I'm actually a really grateful person. I'm really pleased with how my life has gone.

If a friend's in trouble, they can come to me, but I'm not that good at giving advice. They can come to me for honesty and truthfulness but I'm not a worker-througher. They go to my wife for that.

I'd like to be a dad. But right now, I'm a "fur dad". I have a dog that I treat like a human child.

birthdays_OFFmag