John Boyega (info)

. info _ 
John Boyega
was born on March 17, 1992 in Peckham, London, England. He is an actor, known for "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" (2015), Attack the block (2011) and Imperial Dreams (2014).


He is an actor, known for "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" (2015), Attack the block (2011) and Imperial Dreams (2014).






Trivia
Began acting at Theatre Peckham, a local performing arts centre in London for talented children aged 9 to 14. Boyega spent almost every day after school at the theatre, as well as weekends. At 16, he moved to South Thames College to study performing arts, and joined the Identity School of Acting in Hackney. He enrolled at Greenwich University but as his career took off, he left to concentrate on acting.

Born and raised in Peckham, south-east London.

Was chosen by Screen International as one of the "UK Stars of Tomorrow 2011" and appeared alongside two other actors on the front cover of that magazine in its July 2011 edition.

The son of Nigerian immigrants; his father is a Pentecostal preacher and his mother works with the disabled.

Has a pet cat named Oluwalogan, often referred to as just Logan.

Auditioned for the role of Eggsy in Kingsman: Servicio secreto (2014), and was one of the three finalists along with Taron Egerton, who won the role.

His character Finn is featured on a Star Wars postage stamp issued in October 2015 by the UK's Royal Mail postal service.

One of the reasons J.J. Abrams cast him as Finn in Star Wars: El despertar de la fuerza(2015) was because of his performance in the sci-fi/action/comedy Attack the block(2011). Abrams is a big fan of the film.













Personal Quotes
'Attack The Block' is an alien invasion film set in South London. It's about a group of kids who are some petty thugs, who have to find the hero in themselves, when they attack.

I remember my manager telling me, 'Be myself, be humble, keep rooted, keep God first'. Those words were very helpful.

My dad is a minister, and my mum is a worker with the less fortunate and the disabled. They're Nigerian natives. Their first language is Yoruba, and their second language is English.

My dad's a Pentecostal minister, meaning that he's full of charisma. If he's telling a story about Noah's ark, you best know each tiger is going to be having their own little conversation and narrative.

Acting careers don't come out fully formed - not unless your name is Jaden Smith and your dad has done it all.

Film is just a great medium to express yourself and a great environment to work around.

I know my movies. I love my movies.

Hollywood has given me a great, warm hug.

Being robbed hurts - not physically, but from what it does to your pride.

I like my women very green; you know, eco-friendly.

I'm a Michael Bay fanatic.

I'd like to be in anything that tells a good story and has an interesting character.

I'm a comic reader and a manga fan.

I love London. I'm a London fanatic. That's my city.

I've been getting diverse roles.

There is a level of appreciation for brothers and sisters in the hood.

The scripts that I've been getting are of epic proportion. People want me to lead the big armies.

There's a difference between living somewhere and being part of somewhere.

The 'block' in 'Attack the Block' is not just a physical thing. It's people; it's families.

Portray the world for what it is, and you will find truth.

In this life, it's not hard to do wrong.

'Junkhearts' is a great story.

I've had plenty of lessons about film acting and theatre acting.

My biggest challenge is to not do urban movies for the rest of my life, those alpha hoodies.

In the States, you have a little bit of freedom to audition for different kinds of roles.

It's amazing that people still feel, 'Oh my gosh, it's a black guy.' We've been here for a long time; let's get used to it. Let's get used to other cultures.

I've been acting since I was 5 years old, from primary school to secondary school, did training at drama school, which was the big thing for me because they trained me, put me out into the industry.

Normally you hear about Southeast London, and you hear about all the stuff that goes on down there, all the negative things, and the tabloids kind of stay away from all the positive things that happen that I see every day, which kind of outshines the negative.

You know, urban culture is fun; it's lovely.

You know, we all can do bad, and we all can do good.

Some people feel fulfillment from a bitter end - it gives them some sort of sense of reality. But, when you're dealing with reality, I feel like films should discover the part that is happy.

I watched season four of 'The Wire.' They have subtle performances that they do through their eyes. You could watch season four with the audio off and still understand what's happening through their eyes.

Who wouldn't want to be in 'Star Wars?' It'd be great.












Salary 
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015) $450.000 + percentage of box office
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................


birthdays_OFFmag