Gwendoline Christie

. 28 october_
Gwendoline Christie
(37th anniversary)
28 october 1978 
Sussex, England, UK 
6' 3" (1,91 m)


She graduated from Drama Centre London in 2005 and lives in London. Her striking height, 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m), motivated photographer Polly Borland to make her the subject of a noted series of photographs.

In 2012 Gwendoline was cast in the role of Brienne of Tarth in the successful HBO TV adaptation Juego de tronos (2011). She plays the role of Commander Lyme in the last two Hunger Games movies: Los juegos del hambre: Sinsajo - Parte 1 (2014) and Los juegos del hambre: Sinsajo - Parte 2 (2015). She has also been cast in Star Wars: Episodio VII - El despertar de la fuerza (2015).

Christie grew up in a hamlet near the South Downs in southern England. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Lauren Whelan










Trade Mark 
Towering height













Trivia
Several inches taller than towering leading ladies like Uma Thurman and Sigourney Weaver, she is one of a small handful of professional actresses with a successful film & TV career who stands over 6 feet tall. Another is fellow Brit Janet McTeer, who is 6'1".













Personal Quotes
I don't really have any interest in playing the same part again and again. Let's just keep everything crossed that doesn't happen.

I don't know, so much of women's femininity is tied up with their hair.

As a woman, we all want to feel attractive. We all want to feel that we're making the very best of ourselves so we can accept ourselves.

Part of the reason why I love acting is that you do hope that somehow your work will connect to people and somehow expand their consciousness somewhat, and being able to challenge notions of prejudice through work - through my work - is really thrilling.

Genuine and true love is so rare that when you encounter it in any form, it's a wonderful thing, to be utterly cherished in whatever form it takes.

I'm certainly really rather tall at 6 foot 3, and I've been this way since I was 14, but for years, women who are even 5 foot 10 have come up to me in the street and said, 'Oh, it's so nice to see a woman who is taller than me. I've always felt like a giant.'

'Game of Thrones' is a fantasy show not dedicated to any specific time, but it seems to exist in sort of a 1400s medieval fantasy world, and in that setting, I wouldn't have had a six-pack.

I was a semi-professional gymnast as a child. I did rhythmic gymnastics, but I sustained an injury and strained all the muscles in my spine.
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
(Gifs and photos: source_Tumblr) 
birthdays_OFFmag