Mamie Gummer

Mamie Gummer
*Mamie Gummer
(33 years old)

3 August 1983
New York City, New York, USA
5' 8" (1,73 m)




She has been married to Benjamin Walker since July 16, 2011.

Mamie Gummer was born on August 3, 1983 in New York City, New York, USA as Mary Willa Gummer. 



Spouse*

Benjamin Walker (16 July 2011 - present) (separated) 


Trivia*
Daughter of Meryl Streep and Don Gummer.

Niece of Harry Streep, Dana Streep, and Maeve Kinkead.

Nominated for the 2007 Lucille Lortel Award for Best Featured Actress for her performance in "The Water's Edge".

Won a Theatre World Award in 2006 for her performance in "Mr. Marmalade".

Played the same character, at a younger age, as her real-life mother, Meryl Streep, in the film El atardecer (2007).

Appeared as a Starbucks barista in a scene cut from El diablo viste de Prada (2006) that is included in the deleted scenes on the DVD.

Her mother, Meryl Streep, was pregnant with Mamie when she accepted her Best Actress Oscar for La decisiĆ³n de Sophie (1982) in 1983.

Cast as "Cecile" in the 2008 Broadway production of Christopher Hampton's play "Les Liaisons Dangereuses". This is the play on which the movie Las amistades peligrosas(1988), starring Glenn Close, was based; Close played Gummer's mother in El atardecer(2007).

Mamie is a 2005 graduate of Northwestern University's School of Communications.

Engaged to Benjamin Walker, having been in a relationship with him since April 2008. [October 2009]

Received her second Lucille Lortel Award nomination (for Outstanding Featured Actress) for her performance in an Off-Broadway production of "Uncle Vanya" (2009).

Sister of Henry Gummer, Grace Gummer, and Louisa Gummer.

Granddaughter of Mary Streep.

Named after her maternal grandmother.

Married Benjamin Walker at her parents' home in Connecticut before 150 guests, wearing her maternal grandmother's wedding gown. Her guests included Claire Danes, Laura Linney and Tracey Ullman, and her two sisters Grace Gummer and Louisa Gummer were her bridesmaids.

Separated from her husband of 20 months Benjamin Walker. [March 2013]

Her father is of Norwegian, English, and some French, descent. Her mother has German, Swiss-German, English, and Irish ancestry.


Personal Quotes*
All the women that are first born daughters in my family are named Mary, but we've all been given nicknames. I don't know how or why that started, but I'm nicknamed after my great-grandmother, who was Mamie. No one ever calls me Mary, except only if my husband is very serious about something.

I watched a lot of old television growing up - a lot of Nick at Nite. I watched 'Rhoda', 'Mary Tyler Moore', and 'I Love Lucy.' Growing up, I loved 'My So Called Life' and was devastated when that went off the air.

My first day on the set of 'John Adams', I was just supposed to fly to Virginia for a costume fitting. But the director figured, why not shoot it, too? So they threw me into a dress that didn't fit, gave me lines I hadn't seen, in a dialect I didn't know, and two screaming, arching infants.

I'd like to learn how to cook. I've hauled around this big, old, heavy Martha Stewart cookbook in my suitcase to Cape Cod, L.A., Paris. I don't know what possessed me.




Salary*
Emily Owens M.D. (2012) $30.000 per episode (2012-2013)