LΓ©a Seydoux (info)

Léa Seydoux

She was born in Paris, France in 1985, to ValΓ©rie (Schlumberger), a philanthropist, and Henri Seydoux, a businessman. Her grandfather, JΓ©rΓ΄me Seydoux, is chairman of PathΓ©, and her father is a great-grandson of businessman and inventor Marcel Schlumberger (her mother also descends from the Schlumberger family). Her parents are both of mixed French and Alsatian German descent, with more distant Spanish-Venezuelan roots on her father's side. In 2009, she was nominated for the CΓ©sar Award for Most Promising Actress for her role in the film The Beautiful Person. She has been cast in a number of notable American films such as Ridley Scott's Robin Hood, Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris and Brad Bird's Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol. As a special prize for their roles in Blue Is the Warmest Color, Seydoux and co-star AdΓ¨le Exarchopoulos were awarded the Palme d'Or alongside director Abdellatif Kechiche. Along with Jane Campion, Seydoux and Exarchopoulos are the only women to have ever won a Palme d'Or. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Nils






Trivia
Granddaughter of JΓ©rΓ΄me Seydoux, Chairman of PathΓ©, and grandniece of Nicolas Seydoux, Chairman and CEO of Gaumont.

Her parents both have mixed French and Alsatian German ancestry. Her father also has a small amount of Spanish-Venezuelan roots.

Appeared on the cover of Vanity Fair's 20th Hollywood Issue [March 2014].

Daughter of Henri Seydoux and ValΓ©rie Schlumberger.

Featured on W Magazine's portfolio on Best Performances of 2013, for her performance as "Emma" in La vida de Adèle (2013).

On Vogue (UK) magazine's Best Dressed List (2013).







Personal Quotes 
[on her AdiΓ³s a la reina (2012) character] What I liked about this part was that you don't know anything about her, and so I could invent everything. There is one moment that makes you understand everything about her, a character asks me 'We don't know anything about you...do you even have parents?' This for me was the key to build everything. That's why she's so fascinated by the Queen. It's through the Queen that she has an existence at all.

I make films for directors. Before anything else, I choose films because of the talent of the directors. The story and the other actors are of course very important, but for me, it's all about the director.

Five people I'd invite to my dream birthday party are Friedrich Nietzsche, Michael Jackson, Charles Chaplin, Maria Callas and Serge Gainsbourg.

When I watch my films or read my interviews I come to know I have a very strange thing, I'm not easy to get.

People are enthusiastic in America. They put heart into things. As soon as you get back to France people are bitching about everything.

[on her friendship with La vida de Adèle (2013) co-star Adèle Exarchopoulos] It's true that it's a friendship, but there's love between us. You can say there's love.

I like to play deep characters and it's nice to have deep emotions, but it's also nice to just have a distance and to have a sense of humor with what you do as well.



[on her role in Saint Laurent (2014)] I had to become chic, yes. But it's more like a color in the film. It's a very small part. It's like the film is a puzzle and I will be one of the pieces. I prefer to be a small part in a great film.

(Gifs and photos: source_Tumblr and google) birthdays