Dave Franco (info)

Dave Franco (info)

Dave Franco was born in Palo Alto, California. His mother, Betsy Franco, is Jewish, and his father, Douglas Eugene "Doug" Franco, was of Portuguese and Swedish descent, and ran a Silicon Valley business. He has two older brothers, actor James Franco and Tom. Dave made his first television appearance at the age of 21, in 2006, in an episode of Siete en el paraíso (1996). A string of high-profile TV work followed, interspersed with roles in some moderately successful movies, including Siempre a mi lado (2010) and Noche de miedo(2011), and he came to bigger prominence when he played Eric Molson in the hit movie version of the cult TV series Infiltrados en clase (2012). He subsequently co-starred in the zombie romance Memorias de un zombie adolescente (2013) and the thriller Ahora me ves... (2013), and provided a voice role for La Lego película (2014). His upcoming films include Malditos vecinos (2014), Infiltrados en la Universidad (2014), and Negocios con resaca (2015). - IMDb Mini Biography By: Anonymous






Trade Mark 
Great and big smile

Often plays high school bullies (Supersalidos (2007), Noche de miedo (2011), Infiltrados en clase (2012))







Trivia 
Son of Betsy Franco.

Has two cats: Harry and Arturo.

Childhood hero was Roald Dahl.

Lives in Hollywood [2010].

Tested for the role of Edward Cullen in Crepúsculo (2008).

Has two brothers, James Franco and Tom Franco.

Both Dave and his brother, James Franco, have played famous comic book characters from opposing companies. James played "Harry Osborn", best friend of Marvel Comics' "Peter Parker/Spider-man" and son of his arch nemesis, "The Green Goblin", in Sam Raimi's film trilogy. Dave voiced "Edward Nygma/The Riddler", iconic nemesis of DC Comics' "Batman", in the series, Young Justice: Legacy (2013).

His father was of half Portuguese and half Swedish descent. His mother is from an Ashkenazi Jewish family (from Russia, Germany, Poland, and Lithuania).

On his father's side, he is the grandson of Daniel Franco, Jr. and Marjorie J. Peterson. On his mother's side, he is the grandson of Daniel Verne (born Daniel S. Verovitz) and Marjorie "Mitzie" Levine. One of Dave's maternal great-grandfathers, Emanuel "Manuel" V. Levine, was a prominent judge in Cleveland.

Has been in a relationship with actress Alison Brie since July 2012.

Dave has two cats.

Two of his movies, Infiltrados en la Universidad (2014) and Memorias de un zombie adolescente (2013) features the same two songs on their respective soundtracks; John Waite's "Missing You" from 1984 and "Midnight City" by M83 from 2011.







Personal Quotes 
[observation, age 27, on playing teenage roles] Everyone always says, especially in the business, it's great to look a lot younger than you are for longevity's sake. But sometimes I just want to look my damn age and play a character my age. I don't want to play high school again.

For example, for me, my brother helped me get a manager, which I don't take for granted. It's tough getting a manager, let alone one that actually cares about you and is smart. But from there, no one's going to cast me just because I'm James Franco's little brother.

As much as I love and respect my brother, I'm doing my best to distance myself from him and kind of show people that, even though we do look similar and have similar mannerisms, we are completely different.

I'm a tough critic on myself.

I don't just wanna be James Franco's little brother.

At this point, I feel like I can allow myself to be goofy and take more risks, and even if I do fall on my face, I know it's not the end of the world and at least I tried to do something different.

I'm not one of those people who are, like, always joking in person.

I'm a small shifty kind of guy.

I can't say I was like a die-hard zombie fan, but I've definitely seen a few different zombie movies and TV shows.

I just know that it's smart for my career to carve my own path and do my own thing.

I'm a cat person.

I think my first big purchase was actually for my mom. She had one of those '90s TVs in her living room that's like a 10x10 brick, so I purchased her a flatscreen for her living room.

When I think of myself, I'm definitely... I'm not like a comedian.

To be honest, I was kind of a shy kid growing up.

_____________________________