Melissa Gilbert (info)

Melissa Gilbert
Melissa Gilbert was born on May 8, 1964 in Los Angeles, California, USA as Melissa Ellen Gilbert. She is an actress and director, known for La casa de la pradera (1974), Dulce justicia (1994) and Zoya (1995). She has been married to Timothy Busfield since April 24, 2013. She was previously married to Bruce Boxleitner and Bo Brinkman.


Spouse 
Timothy Busfield (24 April 2013 - present)
Bruce Boxleitner (1 January 1995 - 2011) (divorced) (1 child)
Bo Brinkman (21 February 1988 - 14 February 1994) (divorced) (1 child)



Trade Mark
High pitched voice



Trivia 
Granddaughter of Harry Crane.

Had a highly publicized relationship with Rob Lowe during the eighties and were allegedly at one time engaged.

Adopted half-sister of Sara Gilbert. Sara is the natural daughter of Barbara Cowan and Harold Abeles. Cowan and late husband Paul Gilbert together adopted Melissa andJonathan Gilbert (both are not biologically related to each other). Sara took her stepfather's surname when she began acting in 1984.

Goddaughter of Charlie Brill.

In national voting completed on Friday, 2 November 2001, Melissa Gilbert was elected president of the Screen Actors Guild, taking the position held since November of 1999 byWilliam Daniels, who declined to run for another term. She held the position until 2005, when she was replaced by Alan Rosenberg.

Was introduced to last ex-husband Bruce Boxleitner by his ex-wife, Kathryn Holcomb.

Had a combined family with her ex-husband, Bruce Boxleitner: Bruce's two sons, Sam Boxleitner (b. 1980) and Lee Boxleitner (b. 1985). She became a mother when their first child, Dakota Brinkman (Dakota Paul Brinkman) was born on Monday, May 1st, 1989 and one son, together with Bruce, Michael Garrett Boxleitner, was born on Friday, October 6th, 1995.

Gilbert was one of 500 young girls who auditioned for the role of Laura Ingalls Wilder in the TV series La casa de la pradera (1974) and she was the only one whose screen test was sent to be considered at NBC Studios. It was Michael Landon's daughter Leslie Landon who told Melissa that she had won the role of Laura when the two of them stood in line at their school cafeteria.

Michael Landon Jr. took her to her senior prom in 1981.

Inducted (as a cast member of La casa de la pradera (1974)) into the Hall of Great Western Performers of the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in 1998.

Both her ex-husbands (Bo Brinkman and Bruce Boxleitner) played Confederate officers inDioses y generales (2003).

Ranked #31 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars"

Aunt of Sara Gilbert's son Levi and daughter Sawyer.

Best known by the public for her role as Laura Ingalls Wilder on La casa de la pradera(1974).

Received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6429 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.

Youngest stepsister of Claudia Cowan. Stepdaughter of Warren Cowan.

Good friends with Alison ArngrimLeslie LandonTony DowCordelia Richards.

Her production company is "Half-Pint Productions".

Childhood idol was Shirley Temple.

Acting mentors were Michael Landon and Patty Duke.

She appeared in 191 of the 205 episodes of La casa de la pradera (1974), more than anyone else.

Gave birth to her 1st child at age 24, a son Dakota Paul Brinkman on May 1, 1989. Child's father is her now ex-1st husband, Bo Brinkman.

Gave birth to her 2nd child at age 31, a son Michael Garrett Boxleitner on October 6, 1995. Child's father is her now ex-2nd husband, Bruce Boxleitner.

(April 24, 2013) Married for the 3rd time her longtime boyfriend Timothy Busfieldfollowing a 3-month-long engagement.

Release of her book, "Prairie Tale: A Memoir".

Resides in Howell, Michigan (August 2013).

Revealed that she had a wonderful working relationship with Michael Landon on La casa de la pradera (1974).

"Prairie Tales," Melissa Gilbert's autobiography, lists Charlie Brill as her godfather, and his wife, actress/comedienne Mitzi McCall, as her godmother.




Personal Quotes 

We take pride in each other - we were meant to be together.

Thank God I have four sons. The mother/daughter relationship is one of mankind's great mysteries, and for womankind, it can be hellaciously complicated. My mother and I are quintessential examples of the rewards and frustrations, and the joys and infuriations it can yield.

[About La casa de la pradera (1974)]: Not a day goes by that I don't think about it and burst into tears. It's like stepping through a looking glass. There's a part of me that's always going to be Laura. I think every girl has a Laura in them.

It reminds people of what we as humans and Americans are capable of if we do it together. We tend to live in bubbles. ... There is very little real sense of community anymore. This show reminds people of that.

[on comparing her co-star's, Karen Grassle's, "Caroline Ingalls" character to her own]: Karen's "Ma" always reminded me of Grace Kelly. My Ma's a little more feisty, a little more earthy, I'm a redhead. So is Ma in this show. So there's some fire under those petticoats.

[on what it's like to be famous]: For months you've referred to me as your hero, but it's easy to be brave when I have you to come home to, and hide behind, and hold on to. I wish you the happiest birthday ever... . Let's eat!

[on her own journey]: I saw an opportunity at a time in my career when, like many female actors my age, opportunities are drying up left and right. So for me to have a chance to do something new and create a new facet to my career at 45 is a blessing I just couldn't ignore.

[on her on- and off-screen chemistry with Michael Landon, who played Charles Ingalls]: He was very much like a 'second father' to me. My own father passed away when I was 11, so, without really officially announcing it, Michael really stepped in.

[Of Michael Landon]: I wanted him to be my father substitute. I loved that man and I loved the way I always felt safe, crying with him. Now, granted, it was on film. But generally, I was crying about what was going on with me for real when I was with him. And he was always there to hold me. That's the only time I let that stuff out. So, he was there in most of these scenes, comforting me. It was sort of a father/daughter relationship in my eyes.

Women in their twenties are beautiful. But women in their forties? There's something magical there.




Salary
Little House on the Prairie (1974) $75.000 per week