Lily Collins (info)

Lily Collins
Lily Jane Collins was born in Guildford, Surrey, England. Her father is English musician Phil Collins, while her mother, Jill Tavelman, who is from Los Angeles, California, was president of the Beverly Hills Women's Club for three terms. Lily moved with her mother to LA at the age of five, after her parents split up. She is of Russian Jewish (from her maternal grandfather), English, and German descent.



"

Known for Clary in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. is a British-American actress and model.[1] The daughter of an English father and an American mother, she was born in England and moved to the United States as a child…

"

Collins performed at the Youth Academy for Dramatic Arts as a child, but her main interest was journalism. She graduated from the Harvard-Westlake School, and attended the USC, where she majored in broadcast journalism. She began writing a column ("NY Confidential") for the British magazine Elle Girl in her teens as well as contributing to Seventeen, Teen Vogue, and the Los Angeles Times magazines.

After some early television appearances as a presenter/reporter (for instance, covering the 2008 US Presidential campaign as a host on the Nickelodeon show, Nick News with Linda Ellerbee: Kids Pick the President (2000)), she made a couple of appearances onSensación de vivir: La nueva generación (2008) in 2009. She co-starred as the daughter of Tim McGraw and Sandra Bullock's characters in the massive box office hit Un sueño posible (2009). More dramatic roles followed, and she came to worldwide attention when she played the starring role in Blancanieves (Mirror, Mirror) (2012), following it up by headlining Cazadores de sombras: Ciudad de hueso (2013) and Los imprevistos del amor(2014). - IMDb Mini Biography By: Anonymous












Trade Mark 
Thick defined eyebrows














Trivia
Attended the University of Southern California.

Lily has hosted several television shows and has been involved in acting and modeling.

Younger half-sister of Simon Collins and Joely Collins, Phil Collins's children with his first wife, Andrea Collins; and older half-sister of Nicholas and Matthew, Phil's children with his third wife. Simon is a Canadian musician and Joely is a Canadian actress.

Daughter of Phil Collins and second wife Jill Tavelman.

Granddaughter of June Collins.

Niece of Carole Collins and Clive Collins.

Auditioned for the role of "Snow White" in Blancanieves y la leyenda del cazador (2012) but lost to Kristen Stewart, she later replaced Saoirse Ronan as "Snow White" in the film,Blancanieves (Mirror, Mirror) (2012).

Was originally cast in Posesión infernal (2013) but after dropping out due to scheduling conflicts, the role went to Jane Levy.

Was ranked #4 in People Magazine's 2012 World's 'Most Beautiful' Women.

The song, "You'll Be In My Heart", by her father, Phil Collins, was dedicated to her.

Maxim named her one of their "Hottest Daughters of Rock Stars" in 2009.

She won a 'Pandora Breakthrough Artist Award' at Glamour's Women of The Year Awards 2012.

Has done journalistic work for a variety of media outlets, including Nickelodeon and Teen Vogue.

Attended the same high school as Sensación de vivir (1990) star Tori Spelling, and went on to guest star on the Sensación de vivir: La nueva generación (2008) reboot.

Enjoys traveling and while in school, often visited places she learned about to further her education.

Designed accessories including ballet flats named after her grandmother, Jane Hale, in support of a charity providing low-cost counseling in 2008.

One of her first auditions was for Crepúsculo (2008). She auditioned for "Bella Swan", but Kristen Stewart got the role.

Lily loves old antiques and anything vintage and also collects them.

Lily's father is English. Lily's maternal grandfather, Jack Tavelman, was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, to Jewish immigrants from Russia. Lily's maternal grandmother, Billie Jane (Shoaff), was American-born, from a family from the Southern United States, and had English, and a smaller amount of German, ancestry.

Great friends with Mortal Instruments co-stars Kevin Zegers and Jamie Campbell Bower.













Personal Quotes 
Decisions are the endless uncertainties of life that we'll not know if they're right until the very end, so do the best you can and hope its right.

I'm drawn to roles that have real substance, that aren't just the victim or the teenage girl or the girlfriend.

I don't like reading things that people say on the Internet because I know so much of it is not true. I don't want to waste my time worrying about what other people are thinking. I just want to focus on being able to do cool projects.

[on her eyebrows] It used to bother me - having bigger, fuller brows. I even plucked them once so I'd fit in, but I hated them and couldn't wait for them to grow back. Now I embrace them. I realized the quirky things that make you different are what make you beautiful.

I like to wear as least amount of makeup as I can during my everyday life because I'm just all about keeping my skin healthy and hydrated and I love to laugh and have a great time and smile - that's when I feel the most pretty so I just want to make sure that I stay happy.

[on her appearance on the cover of Teen Vogue] I don't know if this is too weird to say, but this is completely surreal for me. Bizarre. The cover of Teen Vogue has been on my bucket list forever.

I've just turned 24 but I'll always be their little girl. My dad started as an actor. It's close to his heart. It excites him to see me taking on roles about growing up but, yeah, kissing scenes aren't easy for him. And in Un invierno en la playa (2012), I take my top off, so that was awkward.

I think it's hilarious that people think that I have the best eyebrows in Hollywood.

[on people who watched her movies] It's very, very sweet when little girls come up to me, or when people come up and say that they've liked a film or that they've watched it with their family and been happy and laughed. That, to me, if I can help make people a part of a story, that's what I enjoyed most about being little was that I was taken into another world.

I don't feel the need to profess anything publicly or confirm something that in a normal situation you wouldn't have to speak about. If I'm out and I'm photographed with someone, then it is what it is...That's always been my natural feeling. My family went through a lot of public situations and I saw that side of it from a very young age.

I just did a film actually in Dublin where I played British, so it was lovely to be back in my natural accent, cause I haven't had one since I was five. My natural accent when I was little was British and then, when I moved to the States, everyone made fun of me and I just adapted to an American one and now this is what comes out of my mouth. Now it's just a bit of a hot mess.

That is me in a nutshell: a little bit English and a little bit American.

I grew up in England in the countryside in basically farmland and forests. I was read fairy tales before bedtime and I was totally the young girl who loved fairy tale princesses.

Someone told me they were listening to the radio and they were playing classic hits. At the end the DJ came on and said, "For all of you who don't know, that was Phil Collins - Lily Collins's dad." 'I thought that was the weirdest thing, just so bizarre. Even my dad has said to me, "You know, I am known as your dad now". But he is extremely proud and couldn't be happier.

I never understood the word "celebrity." It was just part of my everyday.
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................


birthdays_OFFmag