James Blunt (41)

(42 years) James Blunt was born on February 22, 1974 in Tidworth, Wiltshire, England as James Hillier Blount...



 Trivia 

Had planned to be a musician after he saw an older boy playing the electric guitar it inspired him to become one too.
He was in the army for four and a half years. He spent six months in Kosovo as part of the peace keeping force. He recorded his memories of his time in the army in "No Bravery", the closing track of his album, "Back to Bedlam".
He attended Harrow, a large, well-known public school for boys. His music was never appreciated in school as it was too emotional for the teenage boys in his class. Despite these set backs, he continued to practice everyday.
He plays the guitar and the piano. He also writes all of his own lyrics and music.
Wrote the song "Good-bye My Lover", for an ex-girlfriend (who is still alive despite rumors that she passed on). He considered her to be the woman he wanted to marry before she left him.
Wrote the song "You're Beautiful" after seeing another ex-girlfriend on the London Underground with her new boyfriend. He claimed on the BBC concert that aired on BBC1 on December 9, 2005 at 11:3s GMT that "our eyes met for a second but we relived an entire lifetime of memories".
(February 15, 2006) Won two prizes at the 2006 Brit Awards for "Best Pop Act" and "Best British Male".
(April 9, 2002) Was on duty for the funeral of the Queen Mother (aka Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother).
(March 1, 2006) His song "You're Beautiful" became a US number one single, making him the first UK artist since Elton John in 1997 to top the US singles chart.
Is not related to actress Emily Blunt.
Was best man at actress Tina Hobley's wedding to PR firm director Oli Wheeler.
Once put his sister on eBay, as "damsel in distress, needs knight in shining armour". The man who won the auction later married her.



 Personal Quotes 

I think sensitive is the wrong description of me. I'm British, actually, so quite bad at expressing myself in conversation, as any ex-girlfriend will tell you. I'm probably emotionally stunted.
I don't think about Norfolk as I write songs.
It's always nice to be able to capture your life's experiences in a song and hold the emotion in that way.
Things take a long time, but when it's right things move fast.
(at the 2006 Ivor Novello Awards) I'm going to be rude about this before anyone else has the chance - thank you so much for the award for most overplayed song.
Having been snubbed by the Mobos (Music of Black Origin awards) this year and deeply hurt and upset by that, I am creating the Mopos - The Music of Posh Origin. I'm hoping to beat Coldplay and Keane.
I think Elton (Elton John) comes from a really special period. Phenomenal singer-songwriters, from David Bowie and Elton, Paul Simon.
I know I'm a pop star. But sometime I'd like to be a rock star.
[on Elton John] The kindest man I've ever met. On a music level, on a friendship level, on a humanitarian level this is an incredibly special person - and that's not including his other great talent, which is he is an incredible songwriter and a formidable performer.
[on Carrie Fisher] Ten years ago, I sat down at a restaurant with some mutual friends and she was at the end of the table. I was about to record "Back to Bedlam" and she unbelievably offered up her home to me. Outside my room she put a cardboard cutout of herself as Princess Leia, with her hair up in a bun. It was outside my bedroom, protecting me at night. This time around, I stayed with her again, and she gave me a lightsaber so I was safe. She's a very special, bright person - so bright that people might think she's a bit crazy.

22 February 1974, Tidworth, Wiltshire, England, UK

5' 8" (1,73 m)