Jesse Eisenberg (...more info, gifs and photos)


 Personal Quotes 
This [La red social (2010)] was not the sort of script you improvise on. With Aaron Sorkin, it's immediately clear what the rhythm of the scene is. It's similar to reading Shakespeare. In fact, it's a lot like great theater. I looked at some of the lengthier scenes as if I was doing a play. You find the story arc of the scene, discover different moments, build upon them to make it as rich as possible. reconciled his intense control with his disengagement. He might appear detached and bored, but he's always working to control the entire room.
[My favorite website] is Geosense.net. It's a geography game. They actually kicked me off for writing "Sri Lanka" on their message boards. I guess it's a curse word on there?

[on his future projects]: I'm hoping to do several [sequels to] Rio (2011) - Rios 2 through 10. You know, this movie is so wonderful, and we were wondering where the story might go, because this is the same company that did Ice Age. La edad de hielo (2002), and we suspected it may have some odd sequels.
[Interview with Stephen Whitty, August, 2011] I have a lot of personal anxieties. And I've realized that playing a character stuck in a life-or-death situation like this allows me to release those anxieties in a very healthful, cathartic way.
I was mugged one night in New York and slammed into a concrete pillar, and I did an interview where I said I completely understand why they attacked me. It was a poor, black neighborhood. Someone sent me an article saying: 'You ignorant idiot. It's more offensive to defend these people. It's more racist to defend them.' He's right, and that is the impetus for the first scene.
There's something strange about theater. My characters consistently demonize elitism, but of course it's taking place in a theater where only so many people can see it. I've been in silly popcorn movies - the kind of thing that as an actor you might feel embarrassed about - but those movies reach many more people. In a play you're basically performing for rich people.


















return