Kirsten Dunst (see more)

. Kirsten Dunst

Kirsten Caroline Dunst is an American actress, who also holds German citizenship. She was born on April 30, 1982 in Point Pleasant, New Jersey, to parents Inez (née Rupprecht) and Klaus Dunst. She has a younger brother named Christian Dunst, born in 1987...


Her career began at the age of 3 when she started modeling and appearing in commercials. She made her feature film debut with an uncredited role at age 6 in the 'Oedipus Wrecks' segment of Woody Allen's 1989 film Historias de Nueva York (1989). She received her first film credit in La hoguera de las vanidades (1990). Her family moved to Los Angeles in 1993, where her film career took off.



In 1994, she made her breakthrough performance in Entrevista con el vampiro (Crónicas vampíricas) (1994), alongside such stars as Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise. Her performance earned her a Golden Globe nomination, the MTV Award for Best Breakthrough Performance and the Saturn Award for Best Young Actress. In 1995, she was named one of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People. Over the next few years, she made a string of hit movies including Mujercitas (1994), Jumanji (1995) and Pequeños guerreros (1998).


In 2000, she received rave reviews for her role as "Lux Lisbon" in Sofia Coppola's independent film, Las vírgenes suicidas (1999) and proved her status as a leading actress in the comedy hit, A por todas (2000). She also graduated from Notre Dame High School in Los Angeles in June of that year.

In 2002, she landed one of her best known roles as Peter Parker's love interest, Mary Jane Watson, in Spider-Man (2002). She continued her role in Spider-Man 2 (2004) and Spider-Man 3 (2007).


She went on to land roles in such films as ¡Olvídate de mí! (2004), the romantic comedy Wimbledon (El amor está en juego) (2004), and in 'Cameron Crowe (I)''s 'Elizabethtown (2005)'. She also played the title character in Sofia Coppola's María Antonieta (2006).

Dunst won the Best Actress Award at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival for her performance as Justine in 'Lars Von Trier''s Melancolía (2011). In 2012, she appeared in Walter Salles' film adaptation of En la carretera (2012) and the independent comedy Despedida de soltera (2012). She also has several films in production, including Las dos caras de enero (2014).


Her charity work includes designing a necklace to raise funds for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation as well as supporting various cancer charities.


- IMDb Mini Biography By: TrendEkiD@aol.com

Trivia 

Was a Ford model as a child.
Beat out Christina Ricci for roles in Entrevista con el vampiro (Crónicas vampíricas) (1994) and Mujercitas (1994). She also beat out Scarlett Johansson for roles in Jumanji (1995) and Elizabethtown (2005).
Attended the Anne Rice's Memnoch Ball in New Orleans in 1995.
One of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People of 1995.
The only daughter of Klaus and Inez (née Rupprecht) Dunst. Her parents separated in 1993. Following this, she lived with her mother and younger brother, Christian Dunst, in Southern California.

She is working on her own production company with her mother called "Wooden Spoon Productions". The name symbolizes women and creativity. It was inspired by her grandmother, who used wooden spoons to keep her in line when she was a girl.
Graduated from Notre Dame High School, a private Catholic high school in Los Angeles, in June 2000. Rachel Bilson graduated a year earlier. Another former student was Katharine McPhee.
Turned down the role of Angela in American Beauty (1999).

Went to the Ranney School in Tinton Falls, New Jersey up until the fifth grade, when she left after her parents separated in 1993.
Made her singing debut performing the song "Dream Of Me" from Así es el amor (2001).
Nabbed the lead role of Peter Parker's girlfriend, Mary Jane Watson, in Spider-Man (2002) after Kate Hudson and Alicia Witt turned it down.
She performed her first screen kiss, at the tender age of 11, with Brad Pitt in the movie Entrevista con el vampiro (Crónicas vampíricas) (1994).
Name is pronounced "Keer-sten" (not "Kur-sten").

One of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People of 2002.
One of Teen People Magazine's "25 Hottest Stars under 25"
Kirsten's father is German. Kirsten's mother is American-born, and has German and Swedish ancestry. Kirsten can speak German fluently.
Furthered her singing career with a song that appears durings the end credits to El maullido del gato (2001).
Voted the 2nd Sexiest Female Movie Star in the Australian Empire Magazine September 2002.

Auditioned along with Kate Hudson to replace Sarah Polley for the role of Penny Lane in Casi famosos (2000), she didn't get the part but Cameron Crowe later said it was "very, very close".
Was in a relationship with Jake Gyllenhaal (December 2002-June 2004).
Her nickname is Kiki as when she was a child she could not pronounce Kirsten. She then provided the voice of Kiki in the English dubbing of the Miyazaki animated feature, Nicky, la aprendiz de bruja (1989) (aka "Kiki's Delivery Service").
She was offered the role of Chrissy in Amigas para siempre (1995), but she turned it down as the role required her to gain weight.
Her favorite movies are Annie Hall (1977) and Eduardo Manostijeras (1990), whilst her favorite television shows are Friends (1994), Larry David (1999) and Da Ali G Show (2000).

According to producer Mark Gordon, she visited her then boyfriend Jake Gyllenhaal at the set of the film El día de mañana (2004) and that visit gained her an uncredited cameo appearance
Ranked #25 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women in the World" (2002).
Is a fan of the television show The Office (2001) and admits she is a huge fan of Ricky Gervais.

Like her A por todas (2000) character "Torrance Shipman," Kirsten was a cheerleader in high school.
She wore a red wig in Spider-Man (2002).
She was called back to reshoot some scenes for Así es el amor (2001) while filming the first Spider-Man (2002) movie, which explains why her character suddenly goes from blond to red in a few scenes.
Hosted the MTV Movie Awards in 2001 along with Jimmy Fallon
Jake Gyllenhaal gave Kirsten a gray and white kitten for her birthday. She named the cat Sophie.

Takes tap dancing lessons.
Was ranked #15 in E's 50 cutest child stars all grown-up.(2005).
Her grandparents Hermann and Inge Dunst live in Hamburg.
Has dyed her hair several times for a movie; she dyed it brown for her role in La sonrisa de Mona Lisa (2003) and then red for her role in Spider-Man 3 (2007).
Lives in New York and Los Angeles.

Was originally cast as Clear Rivers in Destino final (2000).
Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2008 Razzie Award nominating ballot. She was suggested in the Worst Actress category for her performance in the film Spider-Man 3 (2007). She failed to receive a nomination however.
Has checked herself into the Cinque Lodge rehab facility in Utah, the same facility which Eva Mendes, Kellan Rhude and Lindsay Lohan checked into [February 8, 2008].

Was ranked #24 on Entertainment Weekly's '30 Under 30' the actress list. (2008).
Her breakout role was in Entrevista con el vampiro (Crónicas vampíricas) (1994), which was based on a novel by Anne Rice. She later starred in the music video "I knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden, a band which got their name from the vampire novels of Anne Rice.
Stated that her personal favorite film of hers is Entrevista con el vampiro (Crónicas vampíricas) (1994).

Is the former best friend of Maggie Gyllenhaal, having met on the set of La sonrisa de Mona Lisa (2003). Maggie introduced Kirsten to her brother Jake Gyllenhaal, resulting in their subsequent relationship.
Replaced Penélope Cruz as Justine in Melancolía (2011) after Cruz dropped out of the project in order to film Piratas del Caribe. En mareas misteriosas (2011).

Her father, Klaus Hermann Dunst, was born August 15, 1946.
Helps a lot of charities, including the famous Art Of Elysium.
Stated how much of an honor it was to be part of a Lars von Trier's movie, Melancolía (2011).
One of her main goals is to direct in the future.
Explained that she went to rehab for depression, not for alcohol or drug abuse as some may think.

The new face of Bulgari’s Mon Jasmin Noir (2011).
Became a naturalized German citizen in September 2011.
Her favorite film is war drama La lista de Schindler (1993).
She filmed Las vírgenes suicidas (1999) in Canada and Muérete, bonita (1999) in Minnesota simultaneously in the summer of 1998.

Lives in ultra trendy Los Angeles neighborhood, Los Feliz. Giovanni Ribisi, Bo Barrett, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Pine, Ryan Reynolds, Mark Ruffalo, Brad Pitt, Michael Cera, Hannah Telle and Robert Pattinson are among the other actors who also call Los Feliz home.
Filming her part of En la carretera (2012) in San Francisco, California. [December 2010]

In Sweden, filming Melancolía (2011). [July 2010]
Filming Todas las cosas buenas (2010), with Ryan Gosling. [April 2008]
In London, filming Nueva York para principiantes (2008), with Simon Pegg and Megan Fox. [June 2007]
Filming Un amor entre dos mundos (2012), with Jim Sturgess in Montreal, Canada. [May 2010]
Has played twice doomed young members of royalty overthrown in violent revolutions: Anastasia and Marie Antoinette.
Her favorite actors are Meryl Streep, Jodie Foster, and Elijah Wood.

Personal Quotes 

I'd like to grow up and be beautiful. I know it doesn't matter, but it doesn't hurt.
Boys frustrate me. I hate all their indirect messages, I hate game playing. Do you like me or don't you? Just tell me so I can get over you.
Why would I cry over a boy? I would never waste my tears on a boy. Why waste your tears on someone who makes you cry?

On turning down the role of Angela in American Beauty (1999): "When I read it, I was 15 and I don't think I was mature enough to understand the script's material. I didn't want to be kissing Kevin Spacey. Come on! Lying there naked with rose petals?".
"My cat, because he's fun to play with, he'd entertain me, and I could eat him if I was really hungry." (on what her luxury item would be on survivor)
I'm never going to say anything about who I'm dating unless I'm married or engaged. - 2002.

I run the treadmill whenever I can do it with weights. (when asked how she stays in shape) - 2002.
So many teen films are overproduced and people are going to burnout on the subject.
I think vegetarians - for a lot of them - it's about a lack of commitment to life and relationships. There are some who just like the fact that they're controlling something in their life.

And in the next film they've got to bring in another female character. Just give me the acting; she can do all the falling and fighting.
(on money) I think one of my credit cards is corporate for my company, Wooden Spoons Productions. I don't know; my financial adviser does that. I don't handle that shit.
"I want to go on Crossing Over with John Edward (1999). I'd like to be regressed to find out about my past lives".
(On Spider-Man (2002))"I really wanted the role because I knew it would give my career a boost, especially in foreign markets where I don't feel I'm that well known".
"Las vírgenes suicidas (1999) showed I could nail a very difficult character, while A por todas (2000) brought a great deal of joy to young girls. These are the beautiful rewards of being an actress".

On every film I do, whenever there are other girls my age, I think it's definitely up to me to set the pace. That's because I've had a lot of experience and I think there's always a certain amount of professionalism that should be maintained.
(On A por todas (2000)): We're breaking boundaries. And we're not doing the same old little cliché of, "Oh, cheerleaders are dumb, so let's make fun of them".
What actor do you really take seriously who becomes a singer? It's kind of ridiculous. I can't think of anybody.

It would actually be really interesting if Spider-Man died. Why doesn't the superhero ever die? I think if Mary Jane was alone, pregnant and he died, she could give birth to a spider baby and carry on the series with another young boy or something like that. - July 2004.
(On kissing Brad Pitt in Entrevista con el vampiro (Crónicas vampíricas) (1994) ): "It was horrible, I hated it. Brad and Tom were like my big brothers on the set, so it was like kissing your big brother - totally gross."
"You know that feeling when you wake up in the morning and you're excited for the day? That's one of my main goals in life."

quoted in Womans World (1-24-06)
I don't try to be sexy, but if you are sexy it comes out. If you're not, you're not.

On María Antonieta (2006): "It's kind of like a history of feelings rather than a history of facts. So don't expect a masterpiece theatre, educational Marie Antoinette biopic".
I like people more undone than made up. Patricia Arquette is the ultimate. She's not anorexic or perfectly tan, she's not trying to be anything but what she is, and that's the most sexy thing.
On Melancolía (2011): I definitely destroyed everyone else's lives for the first half of the movie.
J'ai un style assez français.
[2004] I auditioned for El jardín secreto (1993). When I didn't get that, I was sobbing on the floor. 
When other people want something for you so badly and you're young, you want it so badly too. I was crying because you feel like you've let your mom down. It's really messed up, when you think about it.
[2007] It's not a natural way to grow up, and acting was never a dream for me because it had always been a part of me. It was the only thing I knew. It was just my life. For a while, there was a time when I had a lot of anger towards my mother because of what she did to me. Now, I understand what kind of woman she is: she always had the best intentions.

[2007] I've finally embraced my history, which I've never done before, because it was marked by pain. I'd never put any daughter of mine through acting because, while I loved acting and was happy working as a child, looking back, my happiness always came from pleasing other people, always. It came from satisfying the director or my mom or my acting coach, not from pleasing myself. My mother told me that when I was born, she just knew that I was destined to be an actress.
[2004] I was just playing and having fun. I was making my mom happy. When a kid makes other people happy, you think it's love. Everything is so great. I liked performing for people. Probably, it's not really good that a young kid likes performing for everybody. They just want love and attention somewhere. It's kind of weird.

Salary 

Spider-Man (2002) $2.000.000
Spider-Man 2 (2004) $7.000.000
Wimbledon (2004) $5.000.000
Elizabethtown (2005) $8.000.000
Marie Antoinette (2006) $8.000.000
Spider-Man 3 (2007) $8.000.000      
 
_
_