Neve Campbell

. 3 October 1973_
Neve Campbell
(42th anniversary)
3 October 1973 
Guelph, Ontario, Canada 
5' 7" (1.70 m)


Neve Campbell was born and raised in Guelph, Ontario, to Marnie (Neve), a Dutch-born psychologist and yoga instructor (from Amsterdam), and Gerry Campbell, a Scottish-born teacher (from Glasgow).

Many film offers came her way but, as she was filming Cinco en familia (1994) for nine months of the year, the filming schedules often clashed. So in 2000, she announced that she was to leave the award winning show to concentrate on a film career.

Spreading through many genres, her film credits to date include the romantic comedy Tango para tres (1999) alongside Matthew Perry and the erotic thriller Juegos salvajes(1998) with Denise Richards and Matt Dillon, though she has turned to a more art house approach with the critically acclaimed Panic (2000) and, more recently, Last Call (2002), both directed by Henry Bromell.

She is an animal lover and describes herself as having a dry, often offensive sense of humor. - IMDb Mini Biography By: stevenshears@hotmail.com









Spouse
John Light (5 May 2007 - 6 May 2011) (divorced)
Jeff Colt (3 April 1995 - 8 May 1998) (divorced) 












Trivia 
On People (USA) magazine's '50 Most Beautiful' list.

Voted No.3 in EMPIRE (UK) magazine's 100 sexiest movie stars of 1998. [October 1998]

One of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People.

Younger sister of Christian Campbell.

Joined the National Ballet School of Canada at age 9.

Posed for a swimsuit photo believing it to be intended for a catalogue only to see it appear on a Toronto billboard.

Had to turn down the role in Armageddon (1998) because of conflicts with the Cinco en familia (1994) schedule.

Had to turn down the role in Rounders (1998) because in the contract it said she would have to be in Scream 2 (1997) and she wasn't sure if she wanted to do it or not.

Revealed that at aged 14 she suffered a "nervous breakdown" which resulted in complete hairloss, and that only intensive acupunture grew it back.

Her father is a drama teacher at Lorne Park Secondary School in Mississauga, Ontario.

In a public restroom, a fan knocked on her stall door, put a pen and paper underneath and said, "Can I get your autograph?" Campbell replied, "Can I finish peeing first?" -- Cosmopolitan Magazine, October 1999.

Leaving Cinco en familia (1994) at the end of the season.

Appeared in the Toronto production of the Broadway Musical "Phantom of the Opera" as a ballerina (early 90's).

Was a chorus girl in the original Toronto cast of Phantom of the Opera starring Colm Wilkinson.

Has a "no nudity" clause in her contract. But, she lifted it for her role in the film, When Will I Be Loved (2004), her first movie showing her completely nude. She also appeared nude in I Really Hate My Job (2007).

First came to TV screens as "Daisy" in the short-lived series Catwalk (1992) about sex, booze and Rock 'n Roll which was somewhat modeled after the Fox show, The Heights(1992). Played alongside some other Canadian actors like Keram Malicki-Sánchez (24(2001), Urgencias (1994) Buffy, cazavampiros (1997)); Nicole de Boer (Star Trek: Espacio profundo 9 (1993)), and Chandra West (Jack & Jill (1999), C.S.I. (2000)).

Older sister of Alex Campbell.

In Scream: Vigila quién llama (1996), when Tatum asks the question, "If they make a movie about this, who do you think they'll get to play you?" Dewey says, "I picture you as a young Meg Ryan, myself". She replies, "Thanks, but with my luck, they'll cast Tori Spelling". Spelling wasn't insulted and, in Scream 2 (1997), she played "Sidney", in the movie within the movie depicting the events of Scream: Vigila quién llama (1996), called "Stab".

At the time, she was the youngest person ever cast in "The Phantom of the Opera." Although her role was usually that of a member of the ballet corps, she did understudy the role of Meg Giry.

Formed the Blue Sphere Alliance Production Company at The Lex Theatre in Hollywood with her brother Christian Campbell and Matthew Lillard.

Was originally going to be a ballerina, but quit due to accumulating injuries (she had a bunion removed from her big toe and her joints were practically worn away), so she finally gave up dance. She still works out at the bar regularly and made the movie The Company (2003) because of her love for the art.

She started taking taking ballet at the age of six, after seeing a production of "The Nutcracker."

The Campbell family was named the "spokesfamily" of the Tourette Syndrome Foundation of Canada.

According to Teen People magazine, the movie A Private War (2009) is said to be about actor/writer/producer Pete Antico. [April 2000]

Her mother had been an HIV/AIDS educator and counselor.

Younger brother Damian, was diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome (TS) in 1989, after Neve finished another year at Canada's National Ballet School in Toronto. She has used her fame from Cinco en familia (1994) to raise awareness for the disease, participating in TS conferences and fund-raisers in Toronto and Los Angeles.

In an interview, she said that her main beauty tip is, to keep your face looking thin, dip your face into ice-cold water, complete with ice cubes, three times for six seconds each. But she warned that she does occasionally have headaches afterwards.

In Portuguese and Italian, her name means "snow".

Favorite horror movies are El resplandor (1980) and Al final de la escalera (1980).

Along with David Arquette and Courteney Cox, she is one of only three actors to appear in all four "Scream" films.

Her first name, Neve, is her mother's maiden name. It is a name first used by her distant ancestors, Sephardi Jews who emigrated to Holland in the 15th century. Neve said in an interview that despite her Catholic religion, if someone asks her if she was Jewish she would say "yes" because of her ancestry.

Has British citizenship.

Turned down the lead roles in both El ritmo del éxito (2000) and Espera al último baile(2001) in favor of developing her own dance movie The Company (2003).

In 2003, was offered the part of Velma Kelly in a Broadway production of "Chicago", but turned down the offer in order to promote The Company (2003) in which she starred, produced and co-wrote.

Official advocate for people living with epilepsy. Her cousin and best friend was diagnosed with that condition at age 18.

Ex-sister-in-law of Erin Matthews.

Aside from commercials and dance performances, one of her first acting jobs was on a sketch in The Kids in the Hall (1988), playing a Catholic school girl.

Engaged to John Light [February 9, 2006].

Ranked as #66 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)

FHM's 50 Sexiest Women [1995-2004] (Ranked: 35)

Sister-in-law of Liz Light.

She was March on FHM magazine's 2005 pin-up calendar (2005).

Ranked #8 on Maxim's "Hottest Women of Horror Movies" list.

Was considered for the role of Danielle Bowden in El cabo del miedo (1991).

She turned to acting after quitting dance and was soon cast as the Degas Girl in "The Phantom of the Opera" starring Colm Wilkinson at Toronto's Pantages Theater. At 16, she was at the time the youngest person ever to be cast in this production. In total, she performed in over 800 shows. It was there that she met actor Jeff Colt, a bartender at the theater. They married in 1995 in England's Westminster Cathedral, but divorced three years later.

Close friends with Charlie Condou according to Radio Times (July 2008).

Speaks French.

First name is pronounced "Nev".

Ex-sister-in-law of America Olivo, Denise Olivo, Corinne Olivo, and Jason Brooks.

Despite being well-known for Horror films such as the Scream series and Jóvenes y brujas(1996), has never been a fan of the genre and admits to not watching Horror films due to being frightened by them.

Does volunteer work at the Botshabelo orphanage in South Africa helping orphaned children.

Quit smoking in 2011. Had been a smoker since the age of 14 and had unsuccessfully tried quitting several times before succeeding at it.

She was considered for the role of "Elektra" on Daredevil (2003).

Was 5 months pregnant with her son Caspian when she completed filming Juramento de silencio (2013).

Returned to work 2 months after giving birth to her son Caspian in order to film her guest appearance on Anatomía de Grey (2005).

Once auditioned for Los vigilantes de la playa (1989). The casting director turned her down because he thought she was too pale.

Filming in the UK, Los años dorados de Hollywood (2004), co-starring Christian Slater. [May 2003]

Auditioned for the role of Isobel Flemming in Crónicas vampíricas (2009) who eventually got Mia Kirshner.

Has been in a relationship with JJ Feild since May 2011. They have a son together.

Gave birth to her 1st child at age 38, a son Caspian Feild in August 2012. Child's father is her boyfriend, JJ Field.









Personal Quotes 
(If she could change one feature about her, what would it be?): "I have the ugliest feet in the world. But even if I didn't dance, they would still be ugly. My toes are too big!"

("What was the most diificult time of her life?"): Probably when I was at the National Ballet School of Canada, from the ages of nine to fourteen. It's the best dance school in the world, but an extremely competitive one, and there was a lot of pressure for a child. It had an extremely back-stabbing mentality, and there was a lot of favoritism. I wanted to be there because I wanted to be a dancer. I love to dance, and that was my dream. When you're in that school, it means you've beaten out two thousand people to get there, so you're not exactly gonna quit. But I did, at fourteen, because I basically had a nervous breakdown--I wouldn't have been able to function had I stayed there. It was a huge decision. But I'd just about given up on my dream of being a dancer and realized that I'd completely lost myself and had no friends and was very unhappy in my life and couldn't have continued if I'd stayed there.

(Asked "Was she injured during the filming of The Company (2003)): "I broke my rib three days before going to Chicago. I did the training for four and a half months getting ready to go and three days before I went, when I was really nervous to join the company and see where I stood, I broke my rib. We were learning "Funny Valentine" and because we were learning from the tape, we were doing one of the lifts wrong. He lifted me from under my ribs. So then I had to go and do it with a broken rib".

(On her dance injuries): "I have got arthritis in my neck and my hips. I have had surgery on my feet. I have had snapping hip syndrome, tendonitis, shin splints, bursitis... I have had almost every injury imaginable."

TS has really taught me a lesson about judging people who are different. Now when I see somebody do or say something I don't understand, I try to look beyound appearances and ask myself what makes that person tick - no pun intended. Think about it: When you keep an open mind about things that seem unusual or strange, all sorts of new understanding come to you. The world gets bigger, and so do you. ["Celebrity Diary", Teen People Magazine, April 2000]

When I look back on it now, I am so glad that the one thing that I had in my life was my belief that everything in life is a learning experience, whether it be positive or negative. If you can see it as a learning experience, you can turn any negative into a positive.

I'm always sad I left dance. I'm just in my element when I'm in the dance world. I'm so much more content in my heart when I'm sitting on a dance floor in a studio. It sounds so cheesy but it's just my home, it's where I grew up, I've been doing it since I was 6. It makes so much more sense to me than anything else I do.

(On pointe work in ballet): "You'd better love it, or there's absolutely no point. Unless, of course, you're a complete masochist."

Classical ballet is physically challenging. You don't have any control over your career. You have to take instruction. You can't talk back. You can't have an opinion. You have to have great discipline and endurance. You have to tolerate pain. If you don't make it within a five-year period after training, you won't get into a company. You can't do it after you turn 35, because your body hurts so much. If you do ballet, you have to do it all day, every day.

[on her favorite death scenes from the "Scream" series]: It's really chilling that people think it's fun that she's dying [on Jada Pinkett Smith in Scream 2 (1997)]. And just for gross fun, Tatum [Rose McGowan] in the garage [in the first "Scream"].

[on Hollywood favoring sequels and remakes/reboots instead of new material]: We're going back to versions of movies that were only out a short while ago. There are sequels and all theses prequels to all the sequels. It's a terrible situation, it truly is. It makes me sad because there are so many great stories out there waiting to be told.

Every single comic, every single book is made into a film. Do you know an author pitching a book nowadays is asked to consider whether there's a possibility of making a film from it? So films are even limiting the kinds of books we'll be able to read.

[on Scream 4 (2011)]: I was definitely apprehensive because we'd decided ten years ago that maybe we should stop there. But ten years later, it suddenly seemed like something that might be worth revisiting.

For me, it was a matter of heading Kevin's ideas. I thought his pitch and his concept were really good. As usual, he's really smart, and that made my decision.

... I felt we'd done such a good trilogy we shouldn't push our luck. Then Kevin pitched me his idea and I thought, 'This could actually be really great'. I knew it would be fun to see everyone again.

[on returning to the "Scream" series after so 11 years and how much of a challenge it was]: As an actor, I think the worst you can do is practice faces in the mirror. It's not that challenging, to be honest. I've been doing this character for 15 years and they're great films and, if I can imagine what she's going through, it's not a challenge to figure out how to play it.

[on Scream 4 (2011)]: What I loved about the movie was the fact that we brought it to a new generation. You know, 11 years later, things have changed a great deal with social networking, multimedia, reality television and how people relate to fame and fortune now and YouTube and all of that ... it adds something to these films that hadn't been in there before and keeps it fresh and up to date.

[on being compared to or included with other 'Final Girl' characters in the horror genre like Laurie Strode in La noche de Halloween (1978) and Nancy Thompson in Pesadilla en Elm Street (1984)]: She was used as a tool within the first film in that she's the eyes of the audience and people are constantly following Sidney's character throughout these films and experience the films through her eyes in some way. Also, I think, the fact that she's always been less of a victim. She's much less the victim in this film. But even in the first one, although she was young and terrified with what she was going through, she became somewhat of a fighter.

[on if she would return for a "Scream" film if her character was to be killed off]: Sure I would! If it's a really good film and good fun and great for the story, why not?

[on Juegos salvajes (1998)] We had to be very professional. It was us sitting down and saying, "What are you comfortable with? What are you not comfortable with? What are your boundaries?"











Salary
Scream (1996) $1.500.000
Scream 2 (1997) $3.500.000
Wild Things (1998) $2.000.000
Three to Tango (1999) $2.500.000
Drowning Mona (2000) $750.000
Panic (2000) $500.000
Scream 3 (2000) $4.000.000
The Company (2003) $5.000.000
Churchill: The Hollywood Years (2004) $3.000.000

...............................................................................................


...............................................................................................
(Gifs and photos: source_Tumblr) 
birthdays_OFFmag