Jason Momoa


*Jason Momoa
(37 years old)

1 August 1979
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
6' 4" (1,93 m)

Jason Momoa was born Joseph Jason Namakaeha Momoa in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August first, 1979. He is the son of Coni (Lemke), a photographer, and Joseph Momoa, a painter. His father is of Hawaiian descent and his mother has German, Irish, and North American ancestry. Jason was raised in Norwalk, Iowa by his mother.

In 2001, he moved to Los Angeles where he continued to pursue an acting career. In 2004, after the short-lived T.V. series North Shore (2004), he was cast as the popular character "Ronon Dex" in the T.V. series Stargate: Atlantis (2004), which achieved a cult-like following. In 2010, he appeared in the Emmy-nominated H.B.O. series Juego de tronos (2011) playing the Dothraki King, "Khal Drogo". To illustrate to the producers he was Khal Drogo, he performed the Haka, a traditional war dance of the Maori of New Zealand. The audition was with the same casting director who was casting the titular role in the reboot of Conan el Bárbaro (2011). Four weeks after he was cast as the popular Robert E. Howardcharacter, he began shooting in Bulgaria. His approach, like the film-makers, was to pull from the eight decades of comics and stories as well as the Frank Frazetta images rather than the hugely popular 1982 movie. Jason has a production company, "Pride of Gypsies", in which he is expanding his career from actor to filmmaker. He has directed a couple of short films and is working on his feature film debut "Road to Paloma" which is pulled from a series of stories he's been developing over the years which he calls the Brown Bag Diaries: Ridin' the Blinds in B Minor (2010). Jason lives with actress Lisa Bonet with whom he has two children: Lola and Nakoa-Wolf. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Keith Simanton

Spouse*

Lisa Bonet (15 November 2007 - present) (2 children)



Trade Mark*
Often plays warriors and tough fighters

Deep, powerful voice

Muscular physique

Towering height


Trivia*
Won the 1999 "Hawaii's Model of the Year."

Participated in the "Governor's Fashion Show, " and "Liberty House" fashion show.

Hosted the 1999 "Miss Teen Hawaii USA" contest.

Enjoys rock and ice climbing, mountain biking, snowboarding, long board skateboarding and roller hockey. Spends his free time on Buddhist studies.

In his mid-teens he became the youngest lifeguard in the history of the Gulf Coast.

Proposed to girlfriend Simmone Mackinnon, in Hawaii, in June 2004.

Nephew of famed surfer Brian L. Keaulana.

Was engaged to Simmone Mackinnon from June 2004 until mid-2006.

He and Lisa Bonet welcomed their first child, a daughter, born on 23 July 2007; named Lola Iolani Momoa.

Jason Momoa and his girlfriend, Lisa Bonet, welcomed their second child, a boy named Nakoa-Wolf, in mid-December, 2008.

On November 15, 2008, Momoa was attacked with a broken beer glass in West Hollywood, California. According to the APNews article, 140 stitches and subsequent reconstructive surgery were required.

He shares one middle name, Namakaeha, with his father.

His father was Native Hawaiian and his mother was of German, Irish and Native American ancestry.

In Stargate: Atlantis: Epiphany (2005), co-star David Hewlett calls Jason's character "Conan", who Jason would later play in the "Conan" remake, Conan el Bárbaro (2011).

Second husband of Lisa Bonet.

Stepfather of Zoë Kravitz.

Momoa is frequently cast as warriors: Ronon Dex in the science fiction television series "StarGate: Atlantis". Conan in the 2011 reboot of "Conan The Barbarian" and Khal Drogo in the HBO fantasy drama television series "Game of Thrones".

In Polynesian, the word "momoa" means "dry".

Said in an interview that during the filming of Game of Thrones, the sex scenes were the most difficult.

Personal Quotes*
I was 19 and folding T-shirts in a surf shop. And I got chosen out of 1,300 people to play a leading role on 'Baywatch Hawaii'. I didn't even know how to act. It took me five years to get an agent after [that]. No one would take me seriously after 'Baywatch'. I lived in the shadow of that for a long time.

My favorite movie is 'The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.'

I love carbs, but denial is good training for the mind.

I think a man needs to be a man. To hold a woman the way she wants to be held. Just do whatever your woman wants, and you'll be fine.

I'm raised to actually think, to use my brain.

I'm one of those freaky people that actually reads books.

I got called 'pretty boy' my whole life.

I was born in Hawaii, but I was raised in Iowa.

I love life and if there's something that I'm playing that I love, I'll research it.

I grew up with artists.

I grew up rock climbing.

I'm not a big fan of just doing weights. Anything more physical is infinitely better.

I'm kind of ADD in that sense where if I start liking something, I'll just learn it to the absolute max.

I'm half Hawaiian and the haka is a very sacred thing, something your family teaches you - my father taught me.

I'm a huge art buff.

I'm not a barbarian.