Josh Holloway

. 20 July_

Josh Holloway
(47th anniversary)
20 July 1969 
San Jose, California, USA 
6' 1½" (1,87 m)


Josh Holloway was born on July 20, 1969 in San Jose, California, USA as Josh Lee Holloway.  He has been married to Yessica Kumala since October 1, 2004. They have two children.







Spouse 
Yessica Kumala (1 October 2004 - present) (2 children) 







Trivia 
Although born in California, his family moved to Georgia when he was a baby, and he still considers himself a "Blue Ridge Mountain boy."

Had a successful career as a model until he got bitten by the acting bug and relocated to Los Angeles.

After going out of his way to lessen his Southern accent to get a wider variety of work, he had to pick it back up to play the shady "confidence man" Sawyer on the hit show Lost (2004).

Grew up in Free Home, Georgia.

His first job was picking up dead chickens at a farm.

He's the second of four brothers.

While he says it looks "cool", he admits to hating the long hair he has to wear as "Sawyer" on Lost (2004).

Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World. [2005]

At around 4:30 A.M. on Wednesday, October 13, 2005, he and his wife were robbed at gunpoint in their home in Oahu. The robber took cash and credit cards, as well as stealing Holloway's Mercedes-Benz that was later dumped not far from his home in Hawaii Kai, which is about 12 miles east of Honolulu. They were shaken but unharmed. An arrest was later made in the robbery.

He has been a movie-buff since the age of 3. His favorite film is El resplandor (1980).

He is of Dutch and Scottish heritage.

Was offered the role of "Gambit" in X-Men orĂ­genes: Lobezno (2009) but turned it down, saying the role was too close to his Lost (2004) character.

Born on the same day that Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed on the moon.

Has earned his real estate license. He said that prior to Lost (2004), he had considered quitting acting; he earned his license to have something to fall back on.

Daughter, Java Kumala Holloway, born April 9, 2009.

Son, Hunter Lee Holloway, was born early 2014.







Personal Quotes 
"I was booking jobs once, maybe twice a year." - On how unlucky he was when he first moved to L.A. to become an actor.

"When Lost (2004) took off, part of me thought, 'Do I cut and run?' I still like to look around, but respectfully and with no intentions. 'Married, not buried', I always say. If I were single?... Damn, I'd have one girl doing my laundry, one shaving me, one bringing me a cocktail and another one coming out of my tent all hung over".

Being Southern and being the guy I've been all my life, I've lived more on the lighter side of life. I have a dark side, but that's not where I come from. A lot of artists like to come from that.

Fortunately and unfortunately, people don't see me as a character actor. They see me as a leading man or nothing, which makes it really hard to get work.





...............................................................................................